What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone trade for MJD going into week 4? (1 Viewer)

Offered the MJD owner in my standard scoring league:MJD and Louis Murphyfor Dustin Keller and Ladanian TomlinsonHe's weak at TE and I have Zach Miller there so the trade makes sense IMO. I want to deal LT2 now because I think Greene takes back over by year's end. Will see what happens.
Is this a joke?
every league has an owner like this guy..Clueless, but trying hard. I think I should create the SBFFL (short bus fantasy football league). If the Double stuff oreo league can take off, i know this can.
In my 4 leagues I can't think of a single owner who would attempt something like that."Hey maybe I can move this startable tight end and this RB3 and get the third overall pick back 3 weeks into the season." Who even dreams this stuff up?Anyway - looks like MJD owners should be holding.

Offered the MJD owner in my standard scoring league:

MJD and Louis Murphy

for Dustin Keller and Ladanian Tomlinson

He's weak at TE and I have Zach Miller there so the trade makes sense IMO. I want to deal LT2 now because I think Greene takes back over by year's end. Will see what happens.
Is this a joke?
every league has an owner like this guy..Clueless, but trying hard. I think I should create the SBFFL (short bus fantasy football league). If the Double stuff oreo league can take off, i know this can.
In my 4 leagues I can't think of a single owner who would attempt something like that."Hey maybe I can move this startable tight end and this RB3 and get the third overall pick back 3 weeks into the season." Who even dreams this stuff up?

Anyway - looks like MJD owners should be holding.
Hamline law degree down?

Offered the MJD owner in my standard scoring league:MJD and Louis Murphyfor Dustin Keller and Ladanian TomlinsonHe's weak at TE and I have Zach Miller there so the trade makes sense IMO. I want to deal LT2 now because I think Greene takes back over by year's end. Will see what happens.
Is this a joke?
In my 4 leagues I can't think of a single owner who would attempt something like that."Hey maybe I can move this startable tight end and this RB3 and get the third overall pick back 3 weeks into the season." Who even dreams this stuff up?Anyway - looks like MJD owners should be holding.
Sure, the offer is a little weak. But all the MJD owner has to do is counter offer or say he's not interested. Why do you guys have to seem offended?

I was offered Brees and Colston for MJD and M. Ryan in one league. I'm probably going to turn this down however as I am pretty set at WR with R. White, G. Jennings, H. Nicks, and S. Holmes, and the trade leaves me with almost nothing at RB (Addai, M. Barber, and M. Bush). I was thinking about countering with MJD and M. Ryan for Brees and S. Greene, but I still wouldn't really like my RB situation much with that trade...I guess I'm of the mind that what we're seeing now is the floor for MJD's performance and he can only go up from here (barring injury) and for that reason, I'm loathe to pull the trigger just now on trades. Still the above permutations are tempting.
IMO you should strongly consider your counter. Brees is a big step up from Ryan and I think Greene turns it around by year's end.
Ends up he won't go for the Greene counter as his RB situation is worse than mine. However I almost made the whole thing work with a trade of Jennings and M. Barber for M. Turner and Dez Bryant which would have allowed me to make the Brees/Colston deal and improve at QB and RB with little drop off at WR. Unfortunately, I just couldn't quite get it done. :unsure: Oh well, back to the drawing board...

Is this a joke?
Sure, the offer is a little weak. But all the MJD owner has to do is counter offer or say he's not interested. Why do you guys have to seem offended?
Who's offended?My point is just that if you want to make a deal, do it in good faith and offer something of value. Why annoy people with a marginal TE and an RB3? How could that possibly help the MJD owner?

This trade went down in my redraft league...MJD, DHB, and Javon Ringer for LT, Maclin, and Spiller. The guy that got MJD also has Chris Johnson..

Redraft money league, MJD was traded in Week 2 for M.Clayton and K.Walter by the MJD owner who badly needed WR. I thought it was a horrible trade for him but maybe not.

FYI... 10-team redraft... saw MJD get traded today for Michael Vick. The owner trading away MJD needed help badly at QB.

Last week I offered Best and one of Santana Moss, Nicks, Collie or Mike Williams. MJD owner laughed at me.
I certainly don't think that is laughable. I'd certainly take Best, Nicks and Mike Williams ... especially if I was 0-3 in a keeper league.

Today I traded for MJD in exchange for Bradshaw, Tomlinson, and Calvin Johnson. Seems like I paid a lot more than other MJD deals this week.

Users who are viewing this thread