What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aquil Salahudeen Leagues (1 Viewer)

What is relevant is the time that I will need for the $$ to accrue, which it certainly will. I'm not getting into any personal issues or vendettas, of whether guys want to play in leagues with me or Allan. The remaining business issues are the league payouts and how/when to get them disbursed.
Guy is a utter piece of ####. 'Time he'll need for $$ to accrue' -- Typical response from him. He's spent money that's not his.....but he's not getting into any personal issues or vendettas!!Disburse the deposits back -- THAT is the remaining business issue. I truly can't imagine someone is as dumb and delusional as he is. So he wants you to clean up his mess as commissioner, but you don't get to place the money he's stolen into LeagueSafe??Moron you've had > 2 years to 'accrue' the ~$1500 deposits you've stolen... 4 more months is going to make a difference?Glad to see this Allan Fern character being booted as well.

For those of you who have missed the event, he is KEEPING our deposits due to the fact the league won't continue without he or Allan. Complete and utter bull.
Why am I not shocked
I was/is in 2 of his leagues. We were given the option to compete for the deposit fees in 1 final season or quit the league. About 6 teams in each of those leagues stayed. I think all of us know that the chances of us collecting anything are 50/50 at best. I just see this as a ploy to buy himself more time and a chance for him to win the leagues so he doesn't have to pay anyone else off. Thus the reason people are watching his starting lineups each week to make sure changes are not made to his starting lineups. He is half assing it as a commish. The rookie drafts were not even completed by the time the season kicked off. The leagues are basically running themselves. It is pitiful.

Has anyone sued him or contacted the authorities? At this point guy needs to be sued and arrested. IIRC people contacted the dudes job. Any updates for the last 6 months?

That he is keeping league deposits after all of this is the pinnacle of arrogance. Someone should take this guy down.

Here's what makes me sick, I didn't plan on competing in year 1, so I built for the future.

DMC, Mathews, Jstew

Britt, Harvin, Knox, Demaryious Thomas, A. Benn

Hernandez

Devy- Rueben Randle

In a 14 teamer, that's a solid core for the next 5 years? Ugh makes me sick.

Currently in Pres II we're playing this year for the deposit money. I won't hold my breath to collect if I win anything. It's no longer a devy league, but a one year redraft. I'm fine with that. I want to put that league in my rear view mirror anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently in Pres II we're playing this year for the deposit money. I won't hold my breath to collect if I win anything. It's no longer a devy league, but a one year redraft. I'm fine with that. I want to put that league in my rear view mirror anyway.
I agree. I am in FOG I and Pres IV. I have a good chance to win both leagues I am in and should I win and not get paid I will go collect my cash in person. I know I know internet tough guy mode, but I will collect from this doosh one way or another. It is really a sad deal. Some great owners in these leagues and I love the developmental player aspect being able to roster a few college players. Its a shame.

I agree. I am in FOG I and Pres IV. I have a good chance to win both leagues I am in and should I win and not get paid I will go collect my cash in person. I know I know internet tough guy mode, but I will collect from this doosh one way or another. It is really a sad deal. Some great owners in these leagues and I love the developmental player aspect being able to roster a few college players. Its a shame.
Agreed. Good owners and really solid league settings. Just needed someone else running them.

Not sure if he has paid all the winners from all his leagues from last season. I know he paid some of the winners, but not all before this season started. He said he would have all winners paid off from last year by November of this year. Anyone that won money last year not been paid yet?

I know about half of the team owners stayed with the leagues this season to try and win their deposit money back. We shall see if he follows through with on that after week 16. I have my doubts. He has been absent and posted little to no information on the playoffs or payouts for this season.

He has flat out told me that he would pay out winnings under his own time table and that he wouldn't be pressured into paying out winners by X date after week 16. So be prepared to take action if you want you cash. I already have my own plans should i not receive winnings for this year in a reasonable time frame. You can either just sit back and let him get away with it, or go discuss it face to face. Will see how it goes, but I would be shocked if he has any money together to pay anyone anything.

Sounds like a road trip to Oakland is required.
Aquil posted in PRESii that he will be contacting the winners (I won PRESii this year) for payout information. Sounds like Aquil is honoring the commitment to our league. I'm glad he is going to make good on this and I hope his life is in order now.

:lmao: #heatonhoss
What does this mean? I just posted the promising info that Aquil said on our league message board and offered a personal opinion. I'm hopeful this will all turn out ok. I'd rather be positive about this right now than continue the negative communication. It may still come to that later, but I'm hopeful it will not.

What does this mean? I just posted the promising info that Aquil said on our league message board and offered a personal opinion. I'm hopeful this will all turn out ok. I'd rather be positive about this right now than continue the negative communication. It may still come to that later, but I'm hopeful it will not.
I think he was referring to me saying that if you are getting paid as the champ this year, then what you're being paid is my deposit that was stolen, along with the deposits of other people. So then can I get back my deposit from you now? It was a joke. Or not. :unsure:

I think he was referring to me saying that if you are getting paid as the champ this year, then what you're being paid is my deposit that was stolen, along with the deposits of other people. So then can I get back my deposit from you now? It was a joke. Or not. :unsure:
BeTheMatch did you quit the league or stay in it? I think those that stuck it out instead of just throwing their hands up and saying I quit should be rewarded if they win anything.

BeTheMatch did you quit the league or stay in it? I think those that stuck it out instead of just throwing their hands up and saying I quit should be rewarded if they win anything.
Throwing their hands up? The guy stole my ####### money! No, I wasn't interested in sticking around and playing with that d-bag in the hopes that I might get something back that he stole from me.I was just messing with Hoss when I said he should pay us all back.

Throwing their hands up? The guy stole my ####### money! No, I wasn't interested in sticking around and playing with that d-bag in the hopes that I might get something back that he stole from me.I was just messing with Hoss when I said he should pay us all back.
I know he had paid off some winners and had made promises to pay back others so I was surprised more people didn't stick around and enter lineups each week. At the most you have lost a few minutes a week in an attempt to recover some money. Just my .02. I can see how some people were just fed up with this dbag, but should I recover my money it was worth the few minutes a week to me. I will be so glad to be done with these leagues. Really a shame. Some good people and good competition in the 2 leagues I was in.

I can understand the view of those that stayed as making the best of their situation and have no beef with that (as there were plenty of victims here).

I, as I assume a few others had, viewed it a little differently. First off, players that leave a league because their commish ran off with the prior year's money should not then lose their deposit for leaving. The fact that Aquil wanted to commish a league to play for what essentially would be stolen deposits was repugnant, and I did not want to take part in it. I mean, why not just distribute the deposits back to their rightful owners rather than playing a league to see who could win stolen deposits?

Bottom line, whether the commish ends up "honoring" his commitment to distribute the stolen deposits to the winners of the 2011 league is not what I would call "making good" of anything.

I am so disappointed someone hasn't gone to this guys house and beaten the payments out of him. I'm normally not a violent person, but this guy makes me sick. :hot:

I can understand the view of those that stayed as making the best of their situation and have no beef with that (as there were plenty of victims here). I, as I assume a few others had, viewed it a little differently. First off, players that leave a league because their commish ran off with the prior year's money should not then lose their deposit for leaving. The fact that Aquil wanted to commish a league to play for what essentially would be stolen deposits was repugnant, and I did not want to take part in it. I mean, why not just distribute the deposits back to their rightful owners rather than playing a league to see who could win stolen deposits?Bottom line, whether the commish ends up "honoring" his commitment to distribute the stolen deposits to the winners of the 2011 league is not what I would call "making good" of anything.
This was my take on it as well, except that I figured I'd take OUKurt's 15 minutes a week shot at winning the deposits and giving them back to the rightful owners. But I effed up a lineup submission (10 points for the week), Charles went down, and that was that.Keep in mind that it's not just the deposits he hasn't paid. He didn't pay out winners of several of his leagues from last year. I'm still owed a deposit and the $750 for winning FOGII.Someone will catch up with him sooner or later.

Aquil will not be rushed into paying!!! ...the stolen money!!MY BOOOOOOOOOOOY!!Guy is a delusional moron. We're 3 weeks from the end of fantasy season (week 16). It takes 10 minutes tops to paypal winnings.Aquil wanted JPeso to commish...but wouldn't allow $$ to be held by LeagueSafe -- you know, like any rationale thinking human would want done. That should have been sign #1 no one was getting paid.

Has anyone started calling him at work yet? Looks like we're going to have to play dirty with this guy. How can this POS look in the mirror each morning?

Has anyone started calling him at work yet? Looks like we're going to have to play dirty with this guy. How can this POS look in the mirror each morning?
Weren't you going to do this before last season?? (Before he talked to guys into "playing for deposits")He hasn't paid everyone from 2010 yet. No idea why you're holding your breath for 2011.He just bought time to change jobs, etc...When he looks in the mirror each morning he sees Alan Fern.

kudos to you guy for keeping at this guy.

Chris Bruce is lucky, dont see his tread bumped around here anymore. Jackhole owes alot of people money.

Leaguesafe doesn't prevent commish from running with the money (should the commish control option for payouts selected)

Chris Bruce is an immature child. what's the point of kicking his teeth in?

Leaguesafe doesn't prevent commish from running with the money (should the commish control option for payouts selected)Chris Bruce is an immature child. what's the point of kicking his teeth in?
True, but easier to track down with IP addresses.Couple of remedies may be to join inexpensive leagues online.Plus LeagueSafe keeps people from having the money in their pocket to spend.I'm running a league in LeagueSafe and have not thought twice about doing something shady. its just how some people are.

Leaguesafe doesn't prevent commish from running with the money (should the commish control option for payouts selected)Chris Bruce is an immature child. what's the point of kicking his teeth in?
I'm running a league in LeagueSafe and have not thought twice about doing something shady. its just how some people are.
:yes: Unfortunately that's the case.I think many are unaware of the "Commish Control" option on payouts....they can still run with the cash with this option. (But as you mentioned, the $$ won't be in their hands to spend during the season)

Chris Bruce is an immature child. what's the point of kicking his teeth in?
Because most children will continue to exhibit bad behaviors until they learn the negative consequences that follow such behaviors outweigh the benefit from acting bad. Maybe kicking his teeth in isn't the best and certainly not most Christian way of handling it, but does he really have any reason to regret his decision right now? More money in his pocket, more leagues to create and rip people off? I'd say he needs to learn a hard lesson. :boxing:

This jerk has lied again. Play for the deposits my behind. He no more has any intention of paying his debts than I do going to the moon. What a low life Aquil is. How does someone like that look at himself in the mirror is beyond me. It would truly bother me to rip others off like that. Damn degenerate gamblers :angry:

Someone should post something on that Aquil Salahudeen is a thief facebook page. I don't facebook or I would.

He hasn't even paid out the winners of some of the leagues (myself included) - I don't know why people think they're going to get their deposits back...
In Aquil's little warped mind, he would expect people to return after this. If they don't, he keeps the deposit because they CHOOSE to leave.
That won't be acceptable to me. I'll call him every week until he's 80 if he doesn't give me back my $125. I'm that stubborn. I'll wait until the 2011 season starts before I begin. That way I know for sure he isn't paying me.
Update?

He hasn't even paid out the winners of some of the leagues (myself included) - I don't know why people think they're going to get their deposits back...
In Aquil's little warped mind, he would expect people to return after this. If they don't, he keeps the deposit because they CHOOSE to leave.
That won't be acceptable to me. I'll call him every week until he's 80 if he doesn't give me back my $125. I'm that stubborn. I'll wait until the 2011 season starts before I begin. That way I know for sure he isn't paying me.
Update?
I really want one :popcorn:

Update?
I really want one :popcorn:
They've given up. Aquil has won.Just not in life.

I don't know how he can live with himself. What a piece of work. I don't know why I haven't started to call him at his work yet, but I should. I guess I was hoping that he would suddenly wake up one day and start being a human being.

Users who are viewing this thread