What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are generic brand headphones just as good as Beats? (2 Viewers)

Didn't one of the owners of Beats make his money from Monster Cables?  They pretty much invented the business plan of "If we charge a ridiculous amount, people will think they are good"

TheIronSheik said:
Didn't one of the owners of Beats make his money from Monster Cables?  They pretty much invented the business plan of "If we charge a ridiculous amount, people will think they are good"
Noel Lee from Monster was involved in the original line of Beats.  The other partners maintained controlling interest so Lee didn't cash in when Apple acquired Beats.

Jaysus said:
I have the V30. What earbuds do you use with yours?
I have too many IEMs.  Chinese market buds are ridiculously cheap if you order them on Aliexpress and they magically appear in the mail about three weeks later.  There are literally a hundred different brands and they release new models all the time.

Some of my favorites are the TinAudio T2s posted earlier (~$50), HiFi Walker A7, Estron/Timmkoo c631 (~$15) and the KZ EDR2 (under $10).  1More Triple Drivers are also very good but are more expensive.

I picked up a pair of cheap Chi-fi IEMs a few weeks back that I was generally disappointed with... until last night when I realized I was wearing them wrong. The tips are too big and I did not have a good seal. I have the box with the other tips at my office so I'll mess around with smaller ones next week. But holy wow, what a difference it makes.

Does anyone mess around with aftermarket tips? Or is there a good chance I have the right size in the box?

ETA: KZ ZSN I believe 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread