What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are we already living in a dictatorship? (4 Viewers)

Search function is much improved

Shameful to see what the current regime is doing to political opposition

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/08/fbi-raids-former-president-donald-trumps-home/
Why? Was the FBI acting illegally? Inappropriately? Were they ordered to do this by Biden?
Weaponized to take out threats to the regime. Obama Administration used the IRS and his wingman AG in similar fashion. A shameful day in American history.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/08/fbi-raids-former-president-donald-trumps-home/
Why? Was the FBI acting illegally? Inappropriately? Were they ordered to do this by Biden?
Weaponized to take out threats to the regime. Obama Administration used the IRS and his wingman AG in similar fashion. A shameful day in American history.
On the IRS I direct you to the IG report I have referenced many times rather than discuss the issue that is that long since over and that is irrelevant to this situation.

Do you have evidence the FBI have been weaponized and are acting inappropriately?

On the IRS I direct you to the IG report I have referenced many times rather than discuss the issue that is that long since over and that is irrelevant to this situation.

Do you have evidence the FBI have been weaponized and are acting inappropriately?
The IRS admitted fault and apologized. Your IG report is pointless. The FBI raided the residence of the former President and the man that is leading candidate to win the 2024 election. No further “proof” is needed. You are just playing silly games.

The IRS admitted fault and apologized. Your IG report is pointless. The FBI raided the residence of the former President and the man that is leading candidate to win the 2024 election. No further “proof” is needed. You are just playing silly games.
My IG report showed the IRS acted improperly towards both Republican and Democratic organizations.

And yes…proof that he ordered it…proof that the FBI acted inappropriately is required to make the claims you are.

Last edited:
Justice Department officials have seized the phones of two top advisers to former President Donald J. Trump and blanketed his aides with about 40 subpoenas in a substantial escalation of the investigation into his efforts to subvert the 2020 election, people familiar with the inquiry said on Monday.

The seizure of the phones, coupled with a widening effort to obtain information from those around Mr. Trump after the 2020 election, represent some of the most aggressive steps the department has taken thus far in its criminal investigation into the actions that led to the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob.

Mr. Epshteyn and Mr. Roman have been linked to a critical element of Mr. Trump’s bid to hold onto power: the effort to name slates of electors pledged to Mr. Trump from swing states won by Joseph R. Biden Jr. in 2020 as part of a plan to block or delay congressional certification of Mr. Biden’s Electoral College victory.

:thumbup:

You still feel this way?

You still feel this way?
Has anything changed? Do I need to check MSNBC for the latest defense of our nation’s further descent into totalitarianism?

Has anything changed? Do I need to check MSNBC for the latest defense of our nation’s further descent into totalitarianism?
Further descent indicates there was initial descent....that ended when Trump finally left. Hopefully not temporary as he tries to hold on to some sort of control over the GOP.
No need to go to MSNBC...probably best to just stay away from your usual sources of "news" that are far worse than MSNBC though.

For whatever reason, the title of this thread annoys the hell out of me. Probably because (1) I’ve been hearing this silly question my entire life, mostly from leftists I know, but sometimes from some on the right and (2) the answer has always been obvious: **** no.

For whatever reason, the title of this thread annoys the hell out of me. Probably because (1) I’ve been hearing this silly question my entire life, mostly from leftists I know, but sometimes from some on the right and (2) the answer has always been obvious: **** no.
I agree with you, Tim. :thumbup:

The rhetoric doesn't match the reality. The problem is that we've all grown up in a 1st world country and never, ever had to experience what a TRUE dictatorship is, unlike people in South America, Africa, Asia and other places. All we know is peace and stability (for the most part), so now when someone just simply SAYS something we don't like, we accuse them of being a dictator or the system of being a dictatorship. Feel free to substitute 'Fascist', 'Commie', or whatever but it's all the same. The fact of the matter is most, if not all, of us have never lived under a true oppressive government so all we know is what we read about in books. In fact, if you talk to people who HAVE lived under oppressive governments, they'll be the first to say, "WTF are you talking about?".

I'm guilty of partaking in this myself, so I'm not absolving me either.

Last edited:

You still feel this way?
Well, I guess I get the initial take about the MAL raid. But after the FBI came up with hundreds of classified documents that weren't supposed to be there, I'm wondering if you still think that was a political hit and not the DOJ just doing the job it is supposed to do?

You still feel this way?
Well, I guess I get the initial take about the MAL raid. But after the FBI came up with hundreds of classified documents that weren't supposed to be there, I'm wondering if you still think that was a political hit and not the DOJ just doing the job it is supposed to do?
Pure political hit job that used the records as cover.

You still feel this way?
So, your stance is that it would've been best to just leave this classified information unsecured in his country club?

You still feel this way?
So, your stance is that it would've been best to just leave this classified information unsecured in his country club?
Alleged. You probably brought into the obviously staged photo?

You still feel this way?
Used the illegally held records as cover?

You still feel this way?
Do you ever drop the schtick? Is it hard always being in character?

You still feel this way?
? The photo was "staged" to display the evidence found. Do you think when they take similar photos after a drug raid that the dealers had all their guns, money stacks, and drug bricks all stacked up on a single table?

I believe they found what they said they found. There is no reason to believe otherwise. Even Trump's attorneys signed the inventory, and all the motions they've filed have been completely consistent with the raid having resulted in the recovery of classified documents.

If you don't believe he had classified documents as of today, it's not because there isn't evidence of it, but because you are choosing to believe whatever you want to believe rather than the facts of reality. That's on you and I feel bad for you. I hope you stop deluding yourself soon man, it's not a good look.

Hopefully someday the United States will become a genuine dictatorship so you can stop being annoyed.

I love the schtick accusation. I am simply one of the millions of patriots defending our beloved President.
So you are telling us you really believe the FBI staged the photo of top secret documents...that he never actually had anything top secret or classified there?
And by staged I don't mean how they arranged things for the picture...but that he actually had those things at MAL?

Hopefully someday the United States will become a genuine dictatorship so you can stop being annoyed.
This seems snarky

I love the schtick accusation. I am simply one of the millions of patriots defending our beloved President.
So you are telling us you really believe the FBI staged the photo of top secret documents...that he never actually had anything top secret or classified there?
And by staged I don't mean how they arranged things for the picture...but that he actually had those things at MAL?
I believe he had declassified any documents and the FBI used this records stuff as a Trojan Horse to perform a political hit on Trump or get documents that prove Russia! was a hoax.

I believe he had declassified any documents and the FBI used this records stuff as a Trojan Horse to perform a political hit on Trump or get documents that prove Russia! was a hoax.

So you believe he declassified such documents. Why do you believe that? Has he asserted that in any legal proceeding? Have his lawyers argued that in any legal proceeding?
Prove Russia was a hoax? Since you are changing the subject to Russia...the Mueller investigation showed it was not a hoax and actually turned up several things. Durham? Seems it came up pretty much empty.

Im not sure why anyone would believe the assertions you are making...they simply are not following any actual logic of how a warrant is obtained, what they have documented they found...or any legal pleading on the case thus far.

Im not sure why anyone would believe the assertions you are making...
Because they have made a choice to believe in whatever suits them instead of where the evidence and facts dictate. Worst part is they know better and on some level, they know that they're behaving like children covering their ears shouting "nah nah nah nah" so they don't hear the truth rather than adults who face it and adjust their worldview and actions.

Im not sure why anyone would believe the assertions you are making...
Because they have made a choice to believe in whatever suits them instead of where the evidence and facts dictate. Worst part is they know better and on some level, they know that they're behaving like children covering their ears shouting "nah nah nah nah" so they don't hear the truth rather than adults who face it and adjust their worldview and actions.
Maybe. Or Maybe I’m just optimistic we can get back to winning bigly again.

Users who are viewing this thread