What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arian Foster in good company (1 Viewer)

shnikies

Footballguy
I saw on SportsCenter that Arian Foster is the 5th player since the merger to total 375 yards from scrimmage and 3 touchdowns. These were the other 4 and how they ended up fantasy-wise.

Garrison Hearst finished as the 5th best RB in 1998

Paul Hofer got injured during the 6th game of the season in 1980

Billy Sims finished as the best back in 1980

O.J. Simpson finished as the best back in 1975

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on SportsCenter that Arian Foster is the 5th player in history to total 375 yards from scrimmage and 3 touchdowns. These were the other 4 and how they ended up fantasy-wise.Garrison Hearst finished as the 5th best RB in 1998Paul Hofer got injured during the 6th game of the season in 1980Billy Sims finished as the best back in 1980O.J. Simpson finished as the best back in 1975
I see you've finally decided to hop on board the Foster train

it's too bad that J. Best makes this kid look like a second class RB. Can you imagine Best playing in HOU.

I saw on SportsCenter that Arian Foster is the 5th player in history to total 375 yards from scrimmage and 3 touchdowns. These were the other 4 and how they ended up fantasy-wise.Garrison Hearst finished as the 5th best RB in 1998Paul Hofer got injured during the 6th game of the season in 1980Billy Sims finished as the best back in 1980O.J. Simpson finished as the best back in 1975
Wow. Yea there's nothing wrong with that company.

2 All-Star backs and a murderer.

I see you've finally decided to hop on board the Foster train
I was never anti-Foster, I just thought it was a little crazy that people were taking him with a top 20 pick but I was wrong. I don't own him any of my leagues but I wish I did.

Since 1970.

Jim Brown did it in the pre-merger days, and others may have as well.

I saw on SportsCenter that Arian Foster is the 5th player in history to total 375 yards from scrimmage and 3 touchdowns. These were the other 4 and how they ended up fantasy-wise.

Garrison Hearst finished as the 5th best RB in 1998

Paul Hofer got injured during the 6th game of the season in 1980

Billy Sims finished as the best back in 1980

O.J. Simpson finished as the best back in 1975
Alleged :popcorn:

I don't see how this means anything for Arian this year.
It means that getting 375 yards and 3 touchdowns in the first two game is a rare feat.
Sure, but it doesn't predict anything going forward. It's a nice Chase Stuart trivia nugget though.
It's more of an indicator. To everyone that questions if Foster is "the real deal" or not, not many backs total 375 yards in 2 games, or rush for 231 yards in one without ending up to be legitimate. this isn't a fluke thing, is what these stats are trying to tell you

With 40+ points in week one that's kind of obvious. Even if he were mediocre from this point forward he'd likely be able to stumble his way into the top 5. Heck, the biggest thing ANY rb needs to make the top 10 is to stay healthy and get lots of touches.

I wonder if Foster's wife is getting concerned yet.. :goodposting:

it's too bad that J. Best makes this kid look like a second class RB. Can you imagine Best playing in HOU.
It is a bit early for that. Right now they both look great. It is a two horse race for ROY. Foster's stats actually look better, Best just has found the end zone more and has looked very impressive weaving down field making defenders appear to be standing still.

It is a bit early for that. Right now they both look great. It is a two horse race for ROY. Foster's stats actually look better, Best just has found the end zone more and has looked very impressive weaving down field making defenders appear to be standing still.
Foster isn't a rookie

Users who are viewing this thread