What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrington in JAX..... (1 Viewer)

jgb95

Footballguy
Three years, $11 million according to The NFL Network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not play him strong side like early in his career? Get your 3 best LBs on the field.

both smith & arrington are versatile enough to play either position...

not sure about last year, but in 2004, they ran defense where they just used OLB designation & didn't flip flop according to strong side formation...

* i thought he might command a similar salary to peterson & witherspoon, but if figures cited above are accurate, he didn't come anywhere close... he has had knee troubles past few seasons...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder where he plays. Does this knock Daryl Smith off the field?
Why wouldn't the Jags just move move Smith to the SLB since Akin Ayodele has signed with the Cowboys? Of course, Smith (232) is a lot smaller than Ayodele (251). :confused:

Why wouldn't the Jags just move move Smith to the SLB since Akin Ayodele has signed with the Cowboys? Of course, Smith (232) is a lot smaller than Ayodele (251). :confused:
has this even been confirmed? the kids over at the JAX forums would beg to differ

has this even been confirmed? the kids over at the JAX forums would beg to differ
About what? I am asking a question here.

About what? I am asking a question here.
my fault- i was talking about the signing itself. there seems to be no report or anything. a similar report has been posted at the jaguars forums but nobody believes it at all- seems like the lavar hype is getting to a head over there

I don't see him playing SLB, he's a better fit on the weak side.
Why? I am no Arrington expert, but I think he has spent the majority of his career at SLB. Only the past couple seasons has he taken reps at WLB. He has great pass rush skills. That bodes well for SLB. As does his size.

I haven't yet confirmed the signing!!!

It's only been mentioned to be reported on NFL Network.

NO CONFIRMATION YET!!!

Jaguars | Arrington has good visit

Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:59:28 -0800

The Florida Times-Union reports free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) had a good meeting with the Jacksonville Jaguars Saturday, March 25, according to Jaguars senior vice president Paul Vance. "We like him as a player and we like him as a person,'' Vance said. Arrington stayed in Jacksonville Saturday night after spending the day with Jaguars' officials and was scheduled to leave Sunday morning, March 26. Arrington has indicated he's looking for a contract in the range of the seven-year $54 million deal that LB Julian Peterson got from the Seattle Seahawks. Vance declined to characterize the status of the negotiations except to say that talks will continue.

:confused:

I don't see him playing SLB, he's a better fit on the weak side.
:goodposting: He's certainly big and athletic enough to play the strong side, but as the 'Skins found out you can't have your SLB freelancing when he's supposed to be in pass coverage. :no:

Users who are viewing this thread