What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AT&T Stadium for a game. Any local info? (1 Viewer)

bro1ncos

IBL Representative
I typically go see the Broncos yearly in KC, but this year I'm going to Dallas mainly to experience the stadium. 

Looking to drive in Friday evening (11/5) and leaving Monday (11/8). Have a general admission ticket and plan on watching the game from different perspectives and walking a lot. 

Hotel recommended near stadium? Im flying solo so I don't need much more than a bed with a room (something in the $100/per night range is a good option) and preferably with a game day shuttle, but assuming an Uber would be the best alternative. 

Things to do Saturday? Undecided on stadium tour since I know will get to do a lot of exploring pre game. But, some of the things you only get to see on the tour might be worth the $40. Dining recommendations? No longer a bar guy and will probably be back to the room by 11pm. 

Sunday? How is tailgating pre game? I will be wearing a Bronco jersey, but have no problem getting jeered and typically can fit into any crowd quite quickly. 

I would also check to see if the Mavericks or Stars are in town that weekend.  Hitting up multiple pro sporting events in the same weekend is awesome.  In 2019 I went to Minnesota for a Vikes game (coincidentally it was against Denver) and I had never been there before.  I was able to do a T-Wolves game on Friday night, and a Minnesota Wild game on Saturday afternoon to go with the Vikes on Sunday.  It was an absolutely awesome weekend.  

I typically go see the Broncos yearly in KC, but this year I'm going to Dallas mainly to experience the stadium. 

Looking to drive in Friday evening (11/5) and leaving Monday (11/8). Have a general admission ticket and plan on watching the game from different perspectives and walking a lot. 

Hotel recommended near stadium? Im flying solo so I don't need much more than a bed with a room (something in the $100/per night range is a good option) and preferably with a game day shuttle, but assuming an Uber would be the best alternative. 

Things to do Saturday? Undecided on stadium tour since I know will get to do a lot of exploring pre game. But, some of the things you only get to see on the tour might be worth the $40. Dining recommendations? No longer a bar guy and will probably be back to the room by 11pm. 

Sunday? How is tailgating pre game? I will be wearing a Bronco jersey, but have no problem getting jeered and typically can fit into any crowd quite quickly. 
Feel like we have these threads every so often.  @Bogart is our resident welcome committee and might point to the most recent one.

In short, you will be pointed to stay in Fort Worth and uber over from there.  Even not drinking it's worth it as the town is walkable and there will be a TON of Denver fans in the mix.  Omni is the typical out of town fan spot.  If you want to stay in Dallas proper that works, but it's more scattered.

The game experience is probably enough to get the feel for the stadium without the tour.  Actually, a lot of people prefer touring the star now rather than the stadium.  

I'm horrible about recommending hotels, especially in that area. ALOFT is kinda hipster at $120 and close. Live! by Lowes is going to put you in the middle of everything at $250 a night.

I will say that I think the Stadium Tour is worth every bit the $40. I have taken my Dad once, and a date once, and it's just a really really fun experience. Even if you aren't a Cowboys fan, the art that you get to see, the locker rooms (both Cowboys and Cowboy cheerleader), being down on the field, and my favorite was seeing the Jerry Jones box that has a smaller private box attached below if Jerry wants to be alone. Pretty sure Johnny Walker Black pours out of the faucet there. The shark move is to bring a football with you. They let you down on the field, but they don't have any footballs down there. With one you can play catch, kick field goals, and be best friends with the hots on the tour with you.

Texas Live is the tourist place to eat and drink right there by the stadium, but I would highly recommend going a mile south of the stadium and get in line around 10 am at Hurtado Barbecue (https://hurtadobbq.com/) for some of the best local BBQ going. Then go next door to either Legal Draft Brewery or Division Brewery. That entire area has really grown up and does get some of the UTA eye candy as well. Plenty of other great restaurants as well. Cartel Taco Bar, Tipsy Oak, Babe's Chicken House, Kintaro Ramen, etc.

I would trust @UniAlias or @Disco Stu or @Koya, to tell you the fancy places to eat in Dallas. If you decide Fort Worth is more your style, I could give you a list of places based on cuisine, but honestly, you will probably find all you need right within the shadows of JerryWorld.

Pregaming was never good pre-COVID, I can't imagine it being any better now. And this is a fair weather town, you will be fine in your jersey.

Heading to Dallas next week. Staying near I30 and Hwy 161. Arriving Saturday afternoon and looking for dinner options, BBQ? Doing more research on places @Bogart posted, but open to all suggestions. 

Other options for things to do Saturday/night? 

Pre-game activities on Sunday? Planning on Uber to and from stadium, but I will have a vehicle. Sounds like tail gating isn't a big thing. 

Heading to Dallas next week. Staying near I30 and Hwy 161. Arriving Saturday afternoon and looking for dinner options, BBQ? Doing more research on places @Bogart posted, but open to all suggestions. 

Other options for things to do Saturday/night? 

Pre-game activities on Sunday? Planning on Uber to and from stadium, but I will have a vehicle. Sounds like tail gating isn't a big thing. 

I would push to Bishop Arts for dinner if staying there.  There are tons of options in that area and it's walkable/hipster cool.

Congrats @bro1ncos on what should have been a successful and enjoyable trip. Would love to hear where you ended up outside the game.

It was a crazy fun experience. I've been to 7 or 8 NFL stadiums and none compares to this. What an amazing stadium, video screen, winning the game was just a cherry on top. I was really expecting the Broncos to get blown out and I would have more time to just walk around and explore. When Denver started winning, I found myself watching the game more. I was surprised at the number of Bronco fans that were there. 

@Bogart I really didn't get to experience as much of the area as I had hoped. I did go to Bodacious BBQ. I don't know where this place ranks with other BBQ joints but it was way better than any I get around me in OK. I was hoping to do more, but I am lazy and got back to my room ordered in and watched the rest of the games. 

It was a crazy fun experience. I've been to 7 or 8 NFL stadiums and none compares to this. What an amazing stadium, video screen, winning the game was just a cherry on top. I was really expecting the Broncos to get blown out and I would have more time to just walk around and explore. When Denver started winning, I found myself watching the game more. I was surprised at the number of Bronco fans that were there. 

@Bogart I really didn't get to experience as much of the area as I had hoped. I did go to Bodacious BBQ. I don't know where this place ranks with other BBQ joints but it was way better than any I get around me in OK. I was hoping to do more, but I am lazy and got back to my room ordered in and watched the rest of the games. 

Glad you had a great time. Bodacious BBQ is a good classic BBQ joint. I would compare it to Angelo's and some of the other old school, cafeteria style,  "sloppy joe brisket" places. It's never going to be on the Texas Monthly Top 50, and far from hipster or trendy,  but a good sandwich and classic sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
bro1ncos said:

Try Sofi.

Users who are viewing this thread