What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore: The Next Ferguson? (1 Viewer)

How can there be human beings in America with absolutely no self-respect? I've traveled the world, met people in truly desperate situations and they would never act this way.

What an absolute failing of a culture that we've produced people like this.
Anthropologists and social scientists tell us that people in a mob behave differently than they do as individuals. This is not to excuse their behavior at all, only to suggest that it might not tell us anything about how they would act in "normal situations".
A libertarian giving all the liberal excuses for individual behavior. Just because I have 100 people behind me doesn't change the fact that I am controlling the gasoline and the match.

Predictions for 10:00?

I say the cops clear the street with tear gas and not much else happens.
Probably some scuffling and arrests, maybe a fire or three. I think what happened today with the street leaders getting in there did a lot of good.

I'm going out Thursday of Friday to the fire scenes from yesterday, interested to get an up close view.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-mob-mentality.htm

Mob Mentality

Other factors come into play when the term "mob mentality" is used to refer to something negative. Two of the main factors are the greater anonymity that exists within a group and the distribution of responsibility for the group's actions. These factors sometimes make a person believe that they can act a certain way within a group and not have the same consequences that the same actions would have if he or she acted alone. For example, if a person is in a group that is vandalizing a building, he or she might believe that there is less of a chance of getting caught than if he or she was acting alone, because it might be difficult to identify every person who was involved. He or she might also feel less guilt because other people also vandalized the property.

Another factor in mob mentality is the sense of confusion or even panic that can exist in a large group. An example of this can be seen when people in crowds suddenly begin rushing in one direction. Although many people in the group might not know why this is happening, they see the urgency in the group and begin rushing in that direction, too. In extreme cases, the urgency and panic increases, creating a sort of crowd hysteria, and some people might even get trampled as a great number of people try to move in the same direction as quickly as possible. Even for something as seemingly innocent as a department store sale, a mob mentality might be evident as dozens of shoppers rush toward the sale items, push each other out of the way and fight over the items.

If the cops try to clear the streets it will cause a riot. If they leave the people alone things will remain non-violent.

Just like yesterday when the BPD precipitated the riot by going heavy on a bunch of high school kids

at least the lady on CNN has god speaking through her :lmao: .. i'm sure all the black church leaders have this covered and streets will be empty soon

If the cops try to clear the streets it will cause a riot. If they leave the people alone things will remain non-violent.

Just like yesterday when the BPD precipitated the riot by going heavy on a bunch of high school kids
They actually didn't go heavy at all, that's why so many of them got hurt. They were out there in half ### riot gear and were told to apply a white glove to the situation. They were set up for failure. Baltimore police commish has hid behind the Mayor as she's getting pelted, but he made some big tactical errors yesterday. Huge actually and it cost the safety of the citizens, and his own force.

A lot of people at work today had the mentality of, "keep your head down and get to work." No use gossiping about it when you're living in it. Just an FYI from people who had the riots nearby last night (and hopefully not tonight).

Wow. Black cop just slammed Obama on Fox. Says Obama needs to do some soul searching about his failed Liberal policies.

Nice to run across the little story on yahoo where a mom saw her son rioting on camera and whooped his butt.

We gonna run into one of these every week from now till forever??

I won't even bother discussing race, politics, or whatever people are discussing, cause all you need to know is that if you riot, you are the scum that grows on the bottom of older scum.

@jack White I just think the bias came through immediately. Didn't seem very thought out. But after reading it again I don't really disagree, just not written well.

@Tdoss all good ideas. There are simple solutions. Independent investigators into police misconduct. Training to de escalate situations. Higher salaries. Target higher IQs. But we have to be honest about what this country is, what our justice system is, and what our government is. A ####### push button system for the super rich.
Cripes man, you in a dead end job or what?
Not at all. Can you tell me honestly the super rich don't get better outcomes in our courts?

How can there be human beings in America with absolutely no self-respect? I've traveled the world, met people in truly desperate situations and they would never act this way.

Yep the country is in a Bad place right now.

Anthropologists and social scientists tell us that people in a mob behave differently than they do as individuals. This is not to excuse their behavior at all, only to suggest that it might not tell us anything about how they would act in "normal situations".
Not baiting, but where are you drawing this from as a source of information?

Yep the country is in a Bad place right now.
When you are educated on how oppressive and evil the Nation you live in is then you should be in a bad place!

There have essentially been zero problems all day, right? And now they're going to start arresting people for the crime of being outside in their own neighborhood. And it's going to cause a totally unnecessary and pointless conflict. WHY?

@jack White I just think the bias came through immediately. Didn't seem very thought out. But after reading it again I don't really disagree, just not written well.

@Tdoss all good ideas. There are simple solutions. Independent investigators into police misconduct. Training to de escalate situations. Higher salaries. Target higher IQs. But we have to be honest about what this country is, what our justice system is, and what our government is. A ####### push button system for the super rich.
Not at all. Can you tell me honestly the super rich don't get better outcomes in our courts?
I can honestly tell you that the super rich rarely commit violent crimes.

There have essentially been zero problems all day, right? And now they're going to start arresting people for the crime of being outside in their own neighborhood. And it's going to cause a totally unnecessary and pointless conflict. WHY?
I know. It's just terrible that a curfew was ordered. How unamerican. Let's start throwing some bricks at the cops five minutes before curfew to show our displeasure.

They just pay others to do it for them.

Because the city they live in established a 10 pm curfew.

Robert Durst says :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread