What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bargain Bin RBs (1 Viewer)

If your fellow dynasty league owners are well-informed FBGs, then the FA pickings at RB are pretty slim. None of the guys in this pool will make or break you, but there may be a gem or two unearthed at some point this season. They all bear watching, assuming they make it out of camp. How do you rank their potential for impact now and beyond?

Ahmad Bradshaw

Brian Calhoun

Kenneth Darby

Carey Davis

Andre Hall

Jerome Harrison

Antonio Pittman

Gary Russell

Dwayne Wright

DeShawn Wynn

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome Harrison

Everyone else.

He's probably the closest to become a starting RB anyway. Lewis hasn't looked like his old self, and if he continues that trend, Harrison could be starting by mid-season.

Aside from him, I actually liked Bradshaw as a sleeper, but have heard bits and pieces about he's not really having a great camp, although that doesn't mean he should be ruled out. Wright could become a TD vulture, and I expect him to take the RB2 spot away from A-Train rather quickly. I've heard very good things about Darby, and with M. Pittman expected to possibly get some time at fullback, and maybe 3rd down duties, Darby could be another one to keep an eye on, because you never know with Caddy's lingering back issues, if he'll be out again and miss time. Speaking of Pittmans, I like A. Pittman, but he's buried on the depth chart with two very good backs in front of him. Wynn was another one I was kind of watching for, since I don't think too highly of Jackson or Morency, but he's reportedly been unimpressive as well. I've also heard Calhoun has been solid in camp, but that's another messy RB situation right now, and he's surely someone you could wait to grab later if it looks like he may climb the depth chart at some point.

If your fellow dynasty league owners are well-informed FBGs, then the FA pickings at RB are pretty slim. None of the guys in this pool will make or break you, but there may be a gem or two unearthed at some point this season. They all bear watching, assuming they make it out of camp. How do you rank their potential for impact now and beyond?Ahmad BradshawBrian CalhounKenneth DarbyCarey DavisAndre HallJerome HarrisonAntonio PittmanGary RussellDwayne WrightDeShawn Wynn
HarrisonPittmanDarbyHallWrightDavisBradshawRussellCalhounWynn

Don't know about this sudden infatuation

with Jerome Harrison, he has failed to impress

when given the opportunity to perform.....

Antonio Pittman

Ahmad Bradshaw

Kenneth Darby

Dwayne Wright

Gary Russell

Jerome Harrison

Brian Calhoun

Carey Davis

Andre Hall

DeShawn Wynn

assumption: dynasty

In terms of raw talent, I'd take Russell over any of the other RBs. He was a beast in college, and I am betting if he had played last year, he would have been a first day pick.

I would add the name Kenny Watson to your list. He is the clearcut backup to Rudi Johnson in Cincinnati. He should get all the 3rd down passing situation work.

He is one injury to Rudi (who may approach 400 carries this year and has more carries than any RB in the NFL over the last 3 years) from being a legit #1 or great #2 RB.

His path to playing time and his potential upside on a very good offense is much greater than any RB on this list.

If your fellow dynasty league owners are well-informed FBGs, then the FA pickings at RB are pretty slim. None of the guys in this pool will make or break you, but there may be a gem or two unearthed at some point this season. They all bear watching, assuming they make it out of camp. How do you rank their potential for impact now and beyond?Ahmad BradshawBrian CalhounKenneth DarbyCarey DavisAndre HallJerome HarrisonAntonio PittmanGary RussellDwayne WrightDeShawn Wynn
Those are Dollar Store RBs.

I would add the name Kenny Watson to your list. He is the clearcut backup to Rudi Johnson in Cincinnati. He should get all the 3rd down passing situation work.

He is one injury to Rudi (who may approach 400 carries this year and has more carries than any RB in the NFL over the last 3 years) from being a legit #1 or great #2 RB.

His path to playing time and his potential upside on a very good offense is much greater than any RB on this list.
Watson is not the clear cut backup to Rudi. If Johnson goes out and they don't sign anyone, Quincy Wilson would probably be the starter in a RBBC with Watson. Not saying Watson doesn't have value. http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0346/1066/rss07

Good posting. I play in a salary cap league and these guys are literally $1 players.Any and all input would make for a great read. I like Darby a lot but he was keptso I'll be targeting Pittman and Russell.

I'll list a more realistic list because any RB that will get significant playing time but not cost you a pick in rounds 1-3 is a bargain in my eyes:

Tatum Bell

Jerious Norwood

Fred Taylor

Deuce McAllister

Leon Washington

Julius Jones

DeShaun Foster

Brandon Jackson

Thoughts on rookie Tony Hunt? Looks like he could be an immediate TD vulture in a very potent Philly offense.

I'll list a more realistic list because any RB that will get significant playing time but not cost you a pick in rounds 1-3 is a bargain in my eyes:Tatum BellJerious NorwoodFred TaylorDeuce McAllisterLeon WashingtonJulius JonesDeShaun FosterBrandon Jackson
My OP was regarding a dynasty league - post-draft, there is very little left on the shelves in the running back aisle.Other names I'd consider in this group include Cecil Sapp, Noah Herron, Thomas Clayton, Quinton Ganther, Garrett Wolfe and Adrian Peterson(CHI).I doubt Tony Hunt is available in most leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll list a more realistic list because any RB that will get significant playing time but not cost you a pick in rounds 1-3 is a bargain in my eyes:Tatum BellJerious NorwoodFred TaylorDeuce McAllisterLeon WashingtonJulius JonesDeShaun FosterBrandon Jackson
My OP was regarding a dynasty league - post-draft, there is very little left on the shelves in the running back aisle.
I see. My bad.

If your fellow dynasty league owners are well-informed FBGs, then the FA pickings at RB are pretty slim. None of the guys in this pool will make or break you, but there may be a gem or two unearthed at some point this season. They all bear watching, assuming they make it out of camp. How do you rank their potential for impact now and beyond?

Ahmad Bradshaw

Brian Calhoun

Kenneth Darby

Carey Davis - was an absolute beast in Pitt's 1st preseason game, but didn't get any work in their next???

Andre Hall

Jerome Harrison

Antonio Pittman

Gary Russell - looked pretty boring in Pitt's 1st preseason game, but a little better in their 2nd. Maybe he looked better 'cause he didn't have to follow Davis again.

Dwayne Wright

DeShawn Wynn
I'll add Echimandu in Oakland as I've heard nothing but good things about him in training camp. Jordan has been taking some flak for his lack of work this offseason and T.C. and Rhodes looked good in preseason action but will be shelved for the 1st 4 weeks. Echimandu is running very hard and angry.

Not incredibly original, but I'd echo other posters:

If you're looking for someone that might contribute this year: Harrison probably has the best shot.

Long-term dynasty potential: I like Russell and Pittman. Calhoun maybe should be in there as well--I honestly haven't paid much attention to his status because he's remained rostered in my dynasty.

Users who are viewing this thread