What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Before you trade Trent Richardson in Dyn (Read this 1st) (1 Viewer)

If Brown was actually getting the carries that Richardson was we could compare them, but we can't because he's had half the carries that Richardson has. Brown's YPC would come down given more carries in this pathetic attempt at a power running offense.

Look at the Denver game for instance where they had similar amounts of carries

Richardson: 14 att 37 yds - 2.6 ypc. He had 25 YAC, 5 Missed Tackles.

Brown: 11 att 23 yds - 2.1 ypc. He had 12 YAC, 0 Missed Tackles.

Who had the better game rushing?
Hooray, the one game all season where on of Richardson's peers actually performed poorly on this dreg of an offense.

Here's a question. If Richardson really is just getting a bad beat and all these other guys have been playing in much more favorable circumstances, then why does Richardson continue to give up more and more of his carries to a below par runner like Donald Brown? I mean, they're trying to force Donald Brown into some power running situations at this point. Donald Brown, who's both not built for that and not really a good running back in the first place.

Surely the Indy coaches have access to all this film of poor O-line play suddenly rearing its head every time Richardson gets the ball, right? Yet, as Richardson continues to learn more and more of the playbook, he gets less and less playing time.

I think it's safe to say the coaches are just as disappointed in Richardson's performance as everyone else, otherwise they wouldn't be falling back to a guy they'd all but given up on previously.
Look, Brown has broken off a few long runs and is looking quicker than Richardson. I completely agree. You seem to think he should be the starting running back after 5 years of doing next to nothing in the NFL. That may be why you aren't a head coach in the league. The Colts clearly see what some of us (or perhaps only I from the looks of it) see in Richardson that he can be elite in this league. He's not doing it now but some believe (like the Colts clearly do) that he can realize that potential. The what have you done for me lately fantasy crowd is a fickle one. If you want to bail on Richardson now, fare thee well. But I believe in his talent and the opportunity with the Colts. I think he can turn this around and the numbers we've gone over (and over and over) in this thread should show that. If you want to deny them, fine. I'm clearly not saying this is the year he will break out... not a chance in hell. But I think with an off season and getting to know the tendencies of his line, he should be able to start heading in the elite direction.
I hope you're being intentionally obtuse here, seriously. But if not, no one is all about Donald Brown being a starter, or good, or anything else. Not a single poster here, not the Colts; Donald Brown's mom probably doesn't even count oh him if she plays FF. He's a bench level talent. The point is that the bench level talent is steadily taking more and more touches away from your golden boy. Somehow, from that, you're drawing the conclusion that the Colts' coaching staff thinks Richardson is elite. All logic (and pretty much every concievable piece of evidence) points to the exact opposite conclusion, which is that Richardson is, in fact, somewhat less than even a bench player like a Donald Brown. The mental gymnastics in defense of this scrubtacular bust are still amusing at this point, though, so feel free to carry on.

Look, Brown has broken off a few long runs and is looking quicker than Richardson. I completely agree. You seem to think he should be the starting running back after 5 years of doing next to nothing in the NFL. That may be why you aren't a head coach in the league. The Colts clearly see what some of us (or perhaps only I from the looks of it) see in Richardson that he can be elite in this league. He's not doing it now but some believe (like the Colts clearly do) that he can realize that potential. The what have you done for me lately fantasy crowd is a fickle one. If you want to bail on Richardson now, fare thee well. But I believe in his talent and the opportunity with the Colts. I think he can turn this around and the numbers we've gone over (and over and over) in this thread should show that. If you want to deny them, fine. I'm clearly not saying this is the year he will break out... not a chance in hell. But I think with an off season and getting to know the tendencies of his line, he should be able to start heading in the elite direction.
This is a much better post than the one you were saying ypc doesn't matter.
:hifive: I still think it's one of the least valuable statistics to use to compare one RB with another.
When the context precludes comparison, totally. Anyway, I'm glad you fleshed out your opinion of Richardson that way. It's alot less "scorched earth" style. I think it is completely legit for someone to have faith in a 2nd year top draft pick, no matter what position.

You've got me pegged all wrong. I don't think Brown should be anything more than a backup and I think Richardson is a great buy in fantasy if you can get someone to sell low (actually low). I've been trying to acquire him in my leagues.

That said, I think Richardson has value because he's naturally gifted and I'm hoping is just a late bloomer on the mental side of things. We've seen it before. Guys for whom the game just suddenly "clicked", and then they could put all that natural talent they have to use. He's still a bit of a wildcard/longshot, but to me he's worth buying because of the upside if that does happen.

The fault, however, is completely with Richardson. To try and blame his bad play on a system that has made mediocre backs look good is absurd to me. Likewise is the idea that the coaching staff has the utmost confidence in him when all they've done is reduce his playing time every week even as he continues to spend more time with the team, which should be increasing his playing time. Coaches don't take a guy they have tons of confidence in and put him in a 50/50 timeshare with a 3rd string RB that was playing special teams and wasn't even getting many reps when the guys in front of him were nothing special.

The notion that Richardson is playing super awesome and is just the victim of three times the bad luck that the most unlucky player of all-time has seen is shut the front door crazy. Clearly, Richardson has issues. The coaches in Cleveland saw it when they ditched him. The coaches in Indy have seen it as they've continued to reduce his playing time. He needs to drop some weight and get some burst back, and figure out how the heck to find the hole quicker. If it clicks for him, he could still be the monster everyone thought he would be. If it doesn't, he's going to be the guy he is now whether he's playing for the Cleveland Browns, the Indianapolis Colts, or the Greatest Show on Turf.

Maybe the bye week gives him a chance to catch his breath and learn the playbook more. Trying to buy him cheap from a hopefully frustrated owner who drafted him the 1st for redraft.

I just paid Fitz/MJD/2014 1st for Trent/Douglas/D.Thomas......Don't sleep on Trent...He is about to be unleashed....MARK IT DOWN...STUD

Users who are viewing this thread