What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best College (or not) Drinking Games (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Borrowed from the "non poker card games" thread.... what were your favorite drinking games back in the day?  Or do you still practice this heathen-like practice?

For me...

We'd take out all cards from a standard 52-card deck from 2-8, put face down in a circle, with one of those 44-oz plastic cups that you got at Wendy's or Mickey D's in the center.  Everyone would be drinking different stuff... beer... Boone's... booze...

Pick a card in turn...

9 - make a rhyme (you'd start a [usually] dirty poem/rhyme and first one to eff up would have to drink)

10 - person to your left drinks

Jack - person to your right drinks (cuz, ya know... ya "jacked" with the right )

Queen - categories (you'd start a category... sports cars, states, sexual positions, etc.. first person to go brain-dead drinks)

King - pour however much you want of whatever you're drinking into the cup (you'd have to be careful how much you put in because if you drew the 1st or 2nd king, there'd be a good chance of you drawing the 4th king... and the 4th king DRANK THE WHOLE CUP regardless of how much or whatever the mix was)

Ace - SOCIAL!! everyone drinks

Man, those were the days.   :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Craziest was a game called Circle of Death.  Standard card deck, players draw one card at a time and play it face up in front of them.  If the card matches the current face-up card (number or suit) in front of the player to either right or left, all players in the matching line drink the amount on their card.  For example, I draw eight of clubs.  If player to my left has six of clubs showing, we both drink.  If player to his left has nine of clubs showing, all three of us drink.  Kicker is, next player in line that's not in the matching set counts, as fast or slow as he wants.  In the example above, the counter might count to eight as fast as possible, then wait minutes before saying nine, allowing two of the drinkers to stop quickly, but forcing the player with the nine to keep going for minutes.  Not unheard of for the counter to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of counting.

Wildly stupid game, but would invariably get everyone wasted in a hurry.

Borrowed from the "non poker card games" thread.... what were your favorite drinking games back in the day?  Or do you still practice this heathen-like practice?

For me...

We'd take out all cards from a standard 52-card deck from 2-8, put face down in a circle, with one of those 44-oz plastic cups that you got at Wendy's or Mickey D's in the center.  Everyone would be drinking different stuff... beer... Boone's... booze...

Pick a card in turn...

9 - make a rhyme (you'd start a [usually] dirty poem/rhyme and first one to eff up would have to drink)

10 - person to your left drinks

Jack - person to your right drinks (cuz, ya know... ya "jacked" with the right )

Queen - categories (you'd start a category... sports cars, states, sexual positions, etc.. first person to go brain-dead drinks)

King - pour however much you want of whatever you're drinking into the cup (you'd have to be careful how much you put in because if you drew the 1st or 2nd king, there'd be a good chance of you drawing the 4th king... and the 4th king DRANK THE WHOLE CUP regardless of how much or whatever the mix was)

Ace - SOCIAL!! everyone drinks

Man, those were the days.   :excited:
We did

10 social

Jack category

Queen question - ask question to someone who must then ask someone else a question in rhythm without laughing

Ace - waterfall, card drawer chooses the direction 

3 man

#######

Hi low

Up and down the river

Mighty mighty Vikings

Cardinal puff

Thumper

Chase quarters

Anhcorman

Baseball

Circle of death

I'm sure there are others I can't remember right now

Our high school/college staples were:

3 man

P&A

circle of death

hour of power

sevens

I don't think we ever played beer pong or flip cup until after college (finished in 2000).

Any list that doesn't start with beer pong and flip cup should be disqualified. 
Flip cup survivor. Started as like 8v8. Dump anyone on your team if you lose the round. Last team left wins. Teams have to drink equal amount of cups so if it’s 8v2 those 2 are drinking 4 each ( but presumably the best flippers). 

Schwiensteiger

everytime the announcer says schwiensteiger you drink, sadly you don’t get as drunk these days during one of his games :sadbanana:  

Our high school/college staples were:

3 man

P&A

circle of death

hour of power

sevens

I don't think we ever played beer pong or flip cup until after college (finished in 2000).
I played original beer pong

then

Beirut - before it became known as beer pong -  

I remember having to make sure all the rules were said before hand because different schools played different rules

Played Mexican the most. 

But my favorite game was Zoom-Schwarz-Profigliano.   Especially if we had a good enough group of players we could add Uncle Toby in.

GregR said:
Played Mexican the most. 

But my favorite game was Zoom-Schwarz-Profigliano.   Especially if we had a good enough group of players we could add Uncle Toby in.
Old school!!!

Friends older than me (I am 56; am talking friends 10 years older) used to play this a lot. 

I went to school in the early 80’s. 

The TV show Dynasty was the big nighttime drama then. 

We played “Dynasty Drunks” nights it was on. Rules were simple. You picked a character on the show. Every time that person was shown during the episode, you drank. 

Easy to imagine how tattered you could get in an hour. 

Barbarian - Team Quarters with pitchers.  If you take your lip off the pitcher your turn is done.  If the last person takes it off before the pitcher is done, refill the pitcher and restart drinking.

7/14/21 can get out of hand

Cup and yahtzee dice.  Roll and count the ones, pull them out and roll until you stop getting 1's then pass the dice and cup to the next person.  The one rolling when the cumulative 1's total hits 7 picks the shot.  The person who's rolling when the cumulative total of 1's hits 14 pays for the shot and the roller for 21 drinks it.  Rinse and repeat.  Bad luck and your in big trouble.

Mexican was fun too but I have no recollection on how to play in.  Flip cup and beer pong wasn't around in the early 90's at least in my neck of the woods and I sucked at quarters.

Sloshball (softball but with a keg on 2nd base.  Had to pound a beer before you could go to 3rd)

#####

Quarters (all versions)

Thumper

I Never

Basically any game in the movie Beerfest (which came out after I was out of college)

Sloshball

Beer Hockey

Beirut

Was never a fan of the card games that get you hammered in 5 minutes.  Have fond memories of playing sloshball at Dog#### Park in Isla Vista overlooking the ocean.

I remember partying at UCSB on Halloween. Well, I remember some of it. Good times. 
My freshman year ('92) was really the last good Halloween there.  Starting in '93 the Sheriff's office started putting the smack down.  They started shutting the entry points to Isla Vista (the college town next to the school) down a good 3-4 days before and would check to see if you had a local address on your ID.  Of course no one did because, well, it was college and you just had your ID from your home town.  Dumb idea, didn't work.  My buddy somehow snuck in the day before and had to scale a huge wall to get into my dorm.  Good times.

Sloshball (softball but with a keg on 2nd base.  Had to pound a beer before you could go to 3rd)
Good one, did this a few times in college.

My freshman year ('92) was really the last good Halloween there.  Starting in '93 the Sheriff's office started putting the smack down.  They started shutting the entry points to Isla Vista (the college town next to the school) down a good 3-4 days before and would check to see if you had a local address on your ID.  Of course no one did because, well, it was college and you just had your ID from your home town.  Dumb idea, didn't work.  My buddy somehow snuck in the day before and had to scale a huge wall to get into my dorm.  Good times.
I started in '99 and I don't remember any of this.  There were easily 100,000+ crammed onto DP every year I was there.

I was a freshman at UCI in 92.  Unfortunately I did not make it up there but heard a lot of stories from friends and fraternity bros who did...

We used to play a game called 98 for bong hits. But after ‘winning’ a few hands you could then designate someone to take them. So usually someone would end up with dozens of bong hits and everyone else would laugh and laugh. 

I started in '99 and I don't remember any of this.  There were easily 100,000+ crammed onto DP every year I was there.
I was there from 92-96 and only 92 was jam-packed.  They must have loosened the reins.  My last couple years there we didn't even stay in IV for Halloween.

I was a freshman at UCI in 92.  Unfortunately I did not make it up there but heard a lot of stories from friends and fraternity bros who did...
What house?

Phi Delta Theta

Heard great stories about 92 and 93... then rumors of a crackdown so people didnt seem to be going the next few years.
I am Phi Kappa Psi.  I think we still have a chapter there at UCI.  I should probably swing by some time as I'm just a few miles down the road.

And yeah that's what likely happened at Halloweens there.  By '96 it was nothing but by the sounds of it, it got geared up again.  God I miss college.  :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread