What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best episode of any TV show of all time? (1 Viewer)

I think you have to separate comedy and drama simply because it is comparing apples to oranges.

For comedy, gotta go old school with the Chuckles the Clown episode of Mary Tyler Moore.

I would have to think about drama a little more although off the top of my head Through the Looking Glass (LOST) has to at or near the top.

Quantum Leap's the Leap Home. Sam jumps into his 16 year old self and tries to save his brother from dying in Vietnam. His rendition of Imagine before it was ever written was great.
Yep. Very moving. Another one with Al in pictures in the war or something. Many great episodesEta: Just saw that was same episode. Wow. Maybe my all-time favorite TV episode. I really miss that show. Was on when I was in highschool

Last edited by a moderator:
For pure shock value, "The Grove" episode of The Walking Dead is up there for me. Of course, it loses it's luster watching it again since it is not quite as shocking'.

Not positive this was all one episode, but The West Wing when Mrs Landingham dies, Bartlett curses god in the national cathedral, and gets soaked in a storm before giving what is supposed to be his decision not to run for reelection

Underachievers said:
For pure shock value, "The Grove" episode of The Walking Dead is up there for me. Of course, it loses it's luster watching it again since it is not quite as shocking'.
'Pretty Much Dead Already' was by far the best TWD episode.

Not positive this was all one episode, but The West Wing when Mrs Landingham dies, Bartlett curses god in the national cathedral, and gets soaked in a storm before giving what is supposed to be his decision not to run for reelection
18th and Potomac revealed Landingham. Two Catherdrals, maybe the best episode EH-VAR, was the cathedral scene and the lead up to the announcement. Manchester Pt 1, the first episode of the following season, was where he declared. Same scene, same day as the end of TC. Sadly, I knew that without google.

The telling God to go to hell in Latin is among the best written/acted/directed scenes I've seen in any medium.

18th and Potomac revealed Landingham. Two Catherdrals, maybe the best episode EH-VAR, was the cathedral scene and the lead up to the announcement. Manchester Pt 1, the first episode of the following season, was where he declared. Same scene, same day as the end of TC. Sadly, I knew that without google.

The telling God to go to hell in Latin is among the best written/acted/directed scenes I've seen in any medium.
Ther isn't a bad episode in the first four seasonsIt's Sorkin's best work

Comedy: Master of My Domain

Drama: Episode #2 of Breaking Bad, The Cat's in the Bag. The one with the bathtub scene.

Users who are viewing this thread