What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Ice Cream (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Vanilla

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Strawberry

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Mint Chocolate Chip

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Cookie Dough

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Black Rasberry

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Butter Pecan

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Cookies and Cream

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • French Vanilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maple Walnut

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Rocky Road

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Coffee

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
So you want the perfect vanilla do you can make it into another flavor.
Agreed.  This whole versatility argument just doesn't make much sense from the vanilla folks.  If it is, indeed, the best ice cream, then it should stand alone as ice cream.  The poll question wasn't "what is the most versatile ice cream?" or "what is the best dessert with ice cream?"  The desire to add a whole bunch of other stuff is just evidence of how plain and unexciting it is.

For me the correct answer is some form of vanilla (regular or French). 

By itself it's the epitome of an easy and hard flavor because anyone can make it (easy) but how many can perfect it (hard). It's also the most versatile so I can mix anything in for toppings to get different texture or flavors, like syrups. 
Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla.  

*In before the listeria/salmonella comments start coming in.   

Galileo said:
Agreed.  This whole versatility argument just doesn't make much sense from the vanilla folks.  If it is, indeed, the best ice cream, then it should stand alone as ice cream.  The poll question wasn't "what is the most versatile ice cream?" or "what is the best dessert with ice cream?"  The desire to add a whole bunch of other stuff is just evidence of how plain and unexciting it is.
Clarification: it is my favorite stand alone. I described the added benefit of its versatility. I meant for it to come across that it was mutually exclusive and just another aspect of why it can also be the best in my eyes. 

My two favorite ice cream flavors are coffee and maple (which is vanilla but moreso for my purposes), but i've never found a store-bought ice cream where the flavors were strong enough of either. Gelato seems a better format for a real espresso/cappucino thing but i've only really enjoyed it fresh from a parlor, the store brand gelatos suck. Homemade maple ice cream is wonderful - my family sugared the same hill for 200+ years and we used to make ice cream from the first batch of the season, using snow and cream straight from the cow Get a little tongue woodie just thinking about it. My dream flavor would be a strong coffee ice cream with a salted maple caramel (one of the great sweets in the world) swirl.

I feel like, I can always go with a Rocky Road or Chocolate Peanut Butter from any brand and enjoy it.

But my absolute favorite is Blueberry Cheesecake from my local ice cream place. Although their Chocolate Irish Car Bomb is darn good too.

Users who are viewing this thread