What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Toppings for Pancakes? (1 Viewer)

I prefer grade B on pancakes, but people who love syrup should just once taste a batch of Grade A Extra Fancy. My family has sugared trees for 200 yrs and its hard to know when a batch is gonna run that way but, when it does, the pan glistens like diamonds and the product is soooo pure it pings when it touches your teeth. especially when poured over a bowl of fresh-fallen snow (altho vanilla ice cream is a decent substitute), it's an incredible experience
I grew up making syrup on our wood stove. Dad still makes some. He sent me a qt this year that probably would be A EF. It is so good on ice cream. 

I had a Milk Chocolate Chip/Banana Pancake with Real Maple Syrup this morning.

Yum and Wow!

:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, anyone been to Linda's Pancake House in Aruba?

Place is amazing!

What are you're favorite pancake toppings?

I like white chocolate and macadamia nuts, Dark Chocolate with Hazelnuts, and banana with raisins. And Real Maple Syrup of course!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147249-d1046446-Reviews-Linda_s_Dutch_Pancakes-Palm_Eagle_Beach_Aruba.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7

schmear of cream or goat cheese midstack, bananas cooked in Vermont maple syrup, real bacon crumbles on top

But yeah...maple syrup and blueberries or bananas (baked in) 
Bill Burr covers this extensively, you can go to 3:07 if you want to get straight to the punchline. A few colorful adjectives fly along the way. 

"It wasn't sweet enough with the syrup?" My thoughts exactly. 

Had Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam Pancake Today...  

With no Maple Syrup and I must say I was not blown away by it...

:shrug:

Had to make flapjacks (and whipped cream) this morning so me Da could try out the season's first batch of twice-cooked applesauce from his orchard. Pretty dam good, with or without syrup. Big fluffy pancakes work better for this than stacks.

Users who are viewing this thread