What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (3 Viewers)

Daniel Oturu seems to be a decent player who is getting better. That said, it floors me that he's being projected (nbadraft.net) as a top ten pick this year. I just dont see it. 

Daniel Oturu seems to be a decent player who is getting better. That said, it floors me that he's being projected (nbadraft.net) as a top ten pick this year. I just dont see it. 
Was sorry to see him have to go out last night with injury. He looks real good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.  No way is he an NBA player at this point.  He's good, but like they said last night, he's not a difference maker.  I can't project him as anymore more than the 10th guy on the bench unless his outside shooting continues to improve dramatically.

You might remember Rodney Williams was a projected lottery pick around this point of his freshman season.

Is Rutgers for real?

Did Iowa really just shoot 4 - 33 from three?

Another terrible opening five minutes for the Terps.  How is it that they've played exactly one game all season where they played well during the opening 5-10 minutes?  That has to be coaching, right?  They play great defense, but that offense is truly embarrassing.
There’s still a lack of top end talent to really compete nightly with the upper echelon teams IMO but this team is winning now with the same aggressive defense, effort, and rebounding they were able to score some upsets with last year. Difference is more depth up and down the roster this season. 

Ron Harper Jr has also taken a leap and if he can continue that or possibly reach another level as the season goes on, that could be the key to making up the talent gap and winning enough to actually get the elusive tourney bid. 

It’s only been 29 years. 

Bucks looking great,  kicked the Heels trash tonight. 
Yeah.... but they looked good in their non-conference games last year too. 
Did they have any signature wins though?  They lost to Syracuse, I think at home.  This year they've taken down Villanova and @UNC handily. 

There was decent roster turnover going into last year also (KBD, Tate, etc all left), I always thought it was a transition year.  Those freshman and transfers that came in last year are all playing important roles now.  And true freshman Liddel looked really good last night, nice touch and looked fluid in the post.

Looking like an exciting conference season the way these teams are all playing.
:coffee:
:shrug:  Disputing anything I said?  

They're gonna lose games.  Pretty much everyone has already.  Let's see where this goes.
:coffee:

Not sure why u keep coming back to this Spock or what u actually disagree with. They have much better wins this year. Not even debatable really. People been saying all year the conference is going to be a bear. :shrug:

Are they going to make the tourney? May as well go on record now lol.

Not sure why u keep coming back to this Spock or what u actually disagree with. They have much better wins this year. Not even debatable really. People been saying all year the conference is going to be a bear. :shrug:

Are they going to make the tourney? May as well go on record now lol.
It's getting questionable.... as you obviously agree with by asking that question. 

There are now 12 teams in the kenpom top 38. 

Is it possible the league could get 10 teams in?
I think 7 or 8, with 9 being the very upper limit.  A couple teams on the bubble will not get in due to a poor overall record.  Should be some good Big10 teams in the NIT.   Unfortunately the NIT requires .500 record.  So Nebraska, Minnesota, and Purdue may be out of luck despite a high computer ranking. 

Purdue is going to be a tough out at their place today. Eight W in a row going into today. We’re ripe for an L. Trevion Williams is a beast inside the paint. Not sure X can contain him. Eastern will probably blow up too.

Another Terps road loss.  Nothing new to say.  These days, I barely watch the games, as I just don't find it enjoyable any more.

Same thing every year.  High expectations based on talent, team regresses throughout the season, and underperforms in the postseason.  Damn you, Kevin Anderson, for that ridiculous contract.  Good work locking in a coach who had never done anything for eight years with no buyout.

Another Terps road loss.  Nothing new to say.  These days, I barely watch the games, as I just don't find it enjoyable any more.

Same thing every year.  High expectations based on talent, team regresses throughout the season, and underperforms in the postseason.  Damn you, Kevin Anderson, for that ridiculous contract.  Good work locking in a coach who had never done anything for eight years with no buyout.
If it makes you feel any better, nobody is winning on the road in the Big Ten this year. It’s just a brutal conference. 

Home teams are like 34-6 or something. 

If it makes you feel any better, nobody is winning on the road in the Big Ten this year. It’s just a brutal conference. 

True, but this isn't exactly a one year thing with Turgeon.  I think it's now one road win against a ranked team in 9 years?  Currently 0-4 on the road this year, none of which were against ranked teams, for a team that was expected to be a legit Final Four contender.  That is not meeting expectations.

How has the reffing been on the road for teams you guys have watched? MN @ Purdue was ridiculous as MN got severely jobbed at the end of regulation and lost in OT. B1G trying to keep all the hometown fans happy. Just call the games fair both ways. 🙄

umaa can’t even win at home now. Love it.

Sounds like Izzo will keep the team on the road between Indiana and Minnesota . Interesting strategy. Hope it works out for them. No one is winning on the road this year. Be a good time to put some distance on the rest of the field this week. GOGREEN 

Too many turnovers and bad shots. Had many chances to put them away and squandered  . We’ll get them in Minnesota. GOGREEN 

Too many turnovers and bad shots. Had many chances to put them away and squandered  . We’ll get them in Minnesota. GOGREEN 
I felt the same way about Indiana only hitting 33% from three and 55% from the free throw line.  It should not have been that close.

MSU landed a lot of shots, but Indiana showed more toughness.

State had no inside presence. That killed them. Offensive rebounds and second chance points were the difference. X has to make that shot though to put it into potential overtime. Oofff.

Should be interesting to see if staying on the road over the weekend helps or hurts them.

Big win for Minny on the road at OSU, despite 0 from Oturu in the first half.  Oturu showing up in the 2nd half helps them come back.  He's a beast in college, but hope he sticks around for one more year.  Doubt that happens, as kids who have done that haven't had a great track record of continuing to develop in Minnesota.  He'd be a big hole to fill in the lineup without anyone else close to being able to fill the void.

Rutgers goes on a 9-0 run, finishing with a 3 with one second left, to beat Nebraska.

No real bad losses in this conference this year but with so many seemingly deserving teams, very important not to have that L on your resume in case it gets close. 

No real bad losses in this conference this year
Not sure if you were only referring to Rutgers, but MSUs two loses we’re really bad. 30 point loss at Purdue and really pissed away a potential win at Indiana. 

Glad to see umaa losing streak continues., even if it is at the hands of Illinois.

The B1G has 12 teams with a shot at the NCAAT. I don't think they'll get that many, but I'm not willing to bet which of the 12 won't make it.

Anyway, while you obviously don't want to lose any game, the two teams that will cripple you if you lost to them are Nebraska and NW. All other losses are to (at this point) tournament-caliber teams.

@The General, @Garrett, thoughts/expectations on today's game? I think I know what @Rich Conway's are :lol:
I’ll defer to @Garrett he’s watched way more than I have this year and I didn’t get to see the last Maryland game. Since they blew the lead and lost to Arkansas the Hoosiers have shown some heart in games where they had folded last season.

Hoosiers are slight favorites so I’ll go with them pulling out a close game. Place will be hyped but wish it were a Saturday night game when it would really have been nuts.

What you think front the Terp side?

I’ll defer to @Garrett he’s watched way more than I have this year and I didn’t get to see the last Maryland game. Since they blew the lead and lost to Arkansas the Hoosiers have shown some heart in games where they had folded last season.

Hoosiers are slight favorites so I’ll go with them pulling out a close game. Place will be hyped but wish it were a Saturday night game when it would really have been nuts.

What you think front the Terp side?
I'm guessing that gym is going to be red-hot today. If Maryland does their usual "let's fall behind by 16 and catch up" thing, they'll get smoked.

Jalen Smith has been dominant the last couple of games and I don't know if Indiana has anyone who can stop him. However, Smith tends to disappear in bigger games sometimes. To me, Aaron Wiggins is the Terps' wild card. If he gets off, they have a good shot at winning.

I'm going Indiana 67, Maryland 65

I'm guessing that gym is going to be red-hot today. If Maryland does their usual "let's fall behind by 16 and catch up" thing, they'll get smoked.

Jalen Smith has been dominant the last couple of games and I don't know if Indiana has anyone who can stop him. However, Smith tends to disappear in bigger games sometimes. To me, Aaron Wiggins is the Terps' wild card. If he gets off, they have a good shot at winning.

I'm going Indiana 67, Maryland 65
Lol at my score guess. They might hit this at half time

Users who are viewing this thread