What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bijan trade? (1 Viewer)

pkroper22

Footballguy
I have an offer on the table.

Get: Bijan Robinson and Kad. Toney
Give: Picks 1.7, 2.1, and 2.7

This is only an 8-team IDP dynasty league that starts 2QB/1RB/1WR/3Flex and keeps 40-man rosters. No need to list IDP's since none are involved. These picks equate to #7, #9, and #15 overall. I do not have a 3rd rounder, meaning my first pick would not be until #31.

PPR scoring.

My roster:
QB - Mahomes/Jackson/Love/Tannehill/Z. Wilson/Minshew
RB - Mixon/Walker/Dillon/Perine/D. Harris/Foreman/CEH/Z. White
WR - Adams/T. Hill/AJ Brown/Olave/Jeudy/Doubs/Elij. Moore
TE - Hockenson

I've tried to accumulate as many "studs" to insulate myself from injuries, suspensions, etc. The strategy has served me well, as I have made it to the championship in 5 of the past 6 years.
I tend to be higher (more hopeful) on Toney than most and the other owner tossed him in.

Am I giving too much?

My thought process -- I'm not thrilled with my RB stable. I think this will be Mixon's last year of true fantasy relevance. Walker has Charbs to contend with. Maybe not as much this year, but definitely will have a role negating Walker's chances of being a true "workhorse". Dillon has always been more of a 1B or C to Aaron Jones. Bijan hopefully gives me that guy for the next 3-4 years enabling me to absorb the loss of picks this year? Then again, Adams and Hill are getting a little long in the tooth and trading those picks makes it tougher to replenish with some higher rated dart throws. Those three picks could be used towards a higher rated WR along with some RB's (Achane, Charbs, Miller, Bigsby, Spears, or Johnson). But Robinson would be the much surer bet.

Always good to hear other's thoughts to come to a good decision. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

I have an offer on the table.

Get: Bijan Robinson and Kad. Toney
Give: Picks 1.7, 2.1, and 2.7

This is only an 8-team IDP dynasty league that starts 2QB/1RB/1WR/3Flex and keeps 40-man rosters. No need to list IDP's since none are involved. These picks equate to #7, #9, and #15 overall. I do not have a 3rd rounder, meaning my first pick would not be until #31.

PPR scoring.

My roster:
QB - Mahomes/Jackson/Love/Tannehill/Z. Wilson/Minshew
RB - Mixon/Walker/Dillon/Perine/D. Harris/Foreman/CEH/Z. White
WR - Adams/T. Hill/AJ Brown/Olave/Jeudy/Doubs/Elij. Moore
TE - Hockenson

I've tried to accumulate as many "studs" to insulate myself from injuries, suspensions, etc. The strategy has served me well, as I have made it to the championship in 5 of the past 6 years.
I tend to be higher (more hopeful) on Toney than most and the other owner tossed him in.

Am I giving too much?

My thought process -- I'm not thrilled with my RB stable. I think this will be Mixon's last year of true fantasy relevance. Walker has Charbs to contend with. Maybe not as much this year, but definitely will have a role negating Walker's chances of being a true "workhorse". Dillon has always been more of a 1B or C to Aaron Jones. Bijan hopefully gives me that guy for the next 3-4 years enabling me to absorb the loss of picks this year? Then again, Adams and Hill are getting a little long in the tooth and trading those picks makes it tougher to replenish with some higher rated dart throws. Those three picks could be used towards a higher rated WR along with some RB's (Achane, Charbs, Miller, Bigsby, Spears, or Johnson). But Robinson would be the much surer bet.

Always good to hear other's thoughts to come to a good decision. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Wow, cool league. I dig it. I like the idea of upgrading your RB room with Bijan. That's huge and he'll hold it down for a solid 5 or 6 years (such is the way of the RB). You've got a nice team. Go for it this year and work on that WR room next year. Good luck!

I'm curious how Bijan is already being shopped for picks in a dynasty. Is this a slow draft and he was taken early or is this just the consensus #1 being offered for a full rebuild?

That aside, I am not as enthusiastic on this trade. I'm not high on Toney as I'm in the camp that believes Rice is going to blow up the #1 spot on the Chiefs. Toney is 1 more multi game injury from being a nonfactor in fantasy imo.

Your WR core is solid though and Robinson is a massive add to your RBs with Mixon very likely trending down going forward. I agree with your assessment there.

The caveat of course is what ends up being available in this kind of draft and I can only imagine mostly rookies are going early. Achane and Charbs could be PPR gems in the flex and great investments in a dynasty format if you can grab 1 with that #7 pick. Bottom line - I think you are fine either way,

I'm curious how Bijan is already being shopped for picks in a dynasty. Is this a slow draft and he was taken early or is this just the consensus #1 being offered for a full rebuild?

That aside, I am not as enthusiastic on this trade. I'm not high on Toney as I'm in the camp that believes Rice is going to blow up the #1 spot on the Chiefs. Toney is 1 more multi game injury from being a nonfactor in fantasy imo.

Your WR core is solid though and Robinson is a massive add to your RBs with Mixon very likely trending down going forward. I agree with your assessment there.

The caveat of course is what ends up being available in this kind of draft and I can only imagine mostly rookies are going early. Achane and Charbs could be PPR gems in the flex and great investments in a dynasty format if you can grab 1 with that #7 pick. Bottom line - I think you are fine either way,
The other owner holds the 1.1 and 1.2 picks. The rookie/free agent draft takes place this Saturday. Other owner would draft Bijan with one of those picks and then in turn trade him to me when I'm on the clock. He seems to be content with keeping Bijan if the trade doesn't work out, but just as happy to trade him to acquire more picks (he is in full rebuild mode and looks at it as a win-win for him). Fortunately, I'm the only other owner that could offer him this type of package of picks. For me, I guess I have the advantage of waiting to see what the board looks like when it gets to me.

In the end, it most likely comes down to if I prefer Bijan over the combo of players I would get at #7 and #9. Predicting who will be there is difficult in this league. Sometimes owners go defensive players early and it's surprising who falls.

As others mentioned, this is a pretty cool league/ concept for a league. While you're giving up a lot for Bijan, you are so deep at basically every position, you can easily sustain not picking until the 4th round (especially since it's 8-teams).

Hit that "ACCEPT" button and good luck!

Thanks for the advise with mine too!

For those still following, we made the deal. I got Bijan and Toney. I was also still able to pick up Roschon Johnson with my 5th rounder (used my 4th on defense).

With the picks, the other owner picked up CJ Stroud, Jordan Addison, and Jalen Carter. All-in-all, we both left the draft extremely happy.

Thanks for the input guys!

Users who are viewing this thread