What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Friday deals (1 Viewer)

I need it to do basic MS Office applications, and store small files. I use Word and Excel for small projects (small enough to fit on a 3.5 floppy). Not sure if a Chromebook can do that.

Edit to add: Seems close to what I want, especially if there are some "office-like" apps out there to substitute for Word and Excel, but I'm not really comfortable with uploading my files to the cloud.

So if anyone sees a good laptop or chromebook deal out there for Black Friday, holla back at your boy.

There's a bunch right at $250. Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, Amazon, Micro Center, Walmart... Dell. Some are 4gb ram, some are 8. So that narrows it down. The Dell is better than some and as good as any. It would be my choice. With promo code ARMMPPS you'll save $30 making it the lowest price of the batch.

eta: Costco has one for 150, but it's s l o w and has an awful screen. Don't.

I'm also on the laptop train. Need one for the basics (MS Office / YouTube TV / YouTube). Don't need it for gaming or video editing or anything crazy.

If you see one good enough to raise your eyebrows, please post.

Time to put the brick I'm using out to pasture.

Literally any laptop released in the past decade can do that
Can't hurt to get a great price though
True, but it would be useful to indicate other features that would be useful to you - is battery life important? Weight? Screen size? Needing large amounts of storage for downloads? That'd at least narrow things down a touch.
Fair enough. Battery Life is unimportant. It should always be plugged in. Prefer it to be less than 10 pounds. A good size screen would be nice for when I travel, but 98% of the time it would be plugged into my huge monitor. Wouldn't need long term storage, I use a San Disk to back things up. Like most old guys, I'm just looking for a powerful streamer.

My current laptop is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. If you've never had a slow laptop, trust me, it's annoying AF.

I can sympathize. I use a 10 year old laptop for personal use because the budget laptop my work gives me is useless. Takes 15 minutes from the time you power it on before you can use it.

Looking for an extra tv in our game room. need it 75" or larger (large room). Just watch sports or maybe a movie. Ty

Hoping to get the cheapest possible yet reliable fridge for our basement. Tired of playing fridge jenga every Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Hoping to get the cheapest possible yet reliable fridge for our basement. Tired of playing fridge jenga every Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Home Depot has a 20 cubic foot LG for 599. Even an 18 cf for 488. Never heard of the brand so not sure about the "yet reliable" part.

Yeah I don't expect this one to last long. Grabbed one for Xmas gift
Gone.

I mean, geez. $229? I was going to buy one on general priniciple
Still showing available for me. :shrug:
Still? Showing as out of stock for me.
Check other options. for pickup
Thanks. I was able to snag one for pickup at the Walmart just a couple of miles away!

Yeah I don't expect this one to last long. Grabbed one for Xmas gift
Gone.

I mean, geez. $229? I was going to buy one on general priniciple
Still showing available for me. :shrug:
Still? Showing as out of stock for me.
Check other options. for pickup
Thanks. I was able to snag one for pickup at the Walmart just a couple of miles away!
Yes, apparently Walmart lacks the IT capability to search for nearby stores automatically.

Perhaps someday, these scrappy underdogs can afford such luxuries

This morning I put the $228 65" TLC in my Walmart cart online. It said out of stock. Tonight I needed to pick up a few things there and went online first. It was in my cart and available. When I got there they had 4 wrapped pallets which had arrived that afternoon. That's 56 of them in my smallish town (30K pop). I bought 4. They're not gifts. I'm converting a 2 car garage to a, hate the word mancave. It's a TV room. I'm doing this with them. That will be a 130" 4k display, or 4 games at once at 65" a piece. About $1200 total. I've seen it in a sports bar. The bezels didn't bother me at all.

This morning I put the $228 65" TLC in my Walmart cart online. It said out of stock. Tonight I needed to pick up a few things there and went online first. It was in my cart and available. When I got there they had 4 wrapped pallets which had arrived that afternoon. That's 56 of them in my smallish town (30K pop). I bought 4. They're not gifts. I'm converting a 2 car garage to a, hate the word mancave. It's a TV room. I'm doing this with them. That will be a 130" 4k display, or 4 games at once at 65" a piece. About $1200 total. I've seen it in a sports bar. The bezels didn't bother me at all.
Always wanted to do this. Had no idea the hardware was that cheap now

Well, it might not be that cheap. I was tired and excited last night and just linked to a wall controller that handles 4k. I researched this idea when I almost bought 4 55"ers. To do it this affordably, I found one controller that had an app for multiple pictures at the same time, and you could only use it with Windows (a laptop for a remote). All of them will extend 1 picture to 4 screens. Getting redzone, two nfl games and the Lakers all up at once was the goal; though a movie at 130 inches will be awesome. Anyway, I haven't found that controller this morning. I found one that does it all for $450... :/

A pc and wireless keyboard will work too, and will be the way I set up.

I'm converting a 2 car garage to a, hate the word mancave. It's a TV room. I'm doing this with them. That will be a 130" 4k display, or 4 games at once at 65" a piece. About $1200 total. I've seen it in a sports bar. The bezels didn't bother me at all.
Yeah, "Man Cave" is lame.

I think that setup warrants a 'Command Centre'

Make sure you spell it that way too. Makes people think you might be doing Interpol **** the rest of the week.

I'm converting a 2 car garage to a, hate the word mancave. It's a TV room. I'm doing this with them. That will be a 130" 4k display, or 4 games at once at 65" a piece. About $1200 total. I've seen it in a sports bar. The bezels didn't bother me at all.
Yeah, "Man Cave" is lame.

I think that setup warrants a 'Command Centre'

Make sure you spell it that way too. Makes people think you might be doing Interpol **** the rest of the week.

And now that you know that this Retro Frigidaire With Side Bottle Opener exists, can you really carry on without it?

And now that you know that this Retro Frigidaire With Side Bottle Opener exists, can you really carry on without it?
Just an FYI on that fridge, the bottle opener on the side is for decoration only. My friend bought one and let’s just say the opener is held in place with 1/8th screws. If you tried to use it, you would rip a hole in the unit.

I had the red version of that fridge in my basement. Looked cool for about 3 years but crapped out on me a couple months ago. We don't use the basement much so it took me about 2 weeks to even realize it wasn't working, at which point the food inside was.....a nightmare.

Already have the TCL TV hung in the family room. Wife wants to play musical chair - took the TV down in here, swap this for the bedroom and then I may hang one in my office. Pictures looks really good compared with the old non-4k Vizio we had.

Thumbs up to the 65” TLC. My dad had been wanting a bigger tv for year (parents have a 42” one) but my mom has always shut it down saying theirs was big enough. So I bought my dad the 65” TLC knowing my mom couldn’t complain if it was a Christmas gift from her son. And then made my dad take me in his truck to go pick it up. :lol:

Stick it mom, we’re watching Ohio State vs Michigan on a 65” tv this year!

In case anyone wants to try this

It's gonna take an $800 controller to make it work as hoped. J-Tech is the company that had one for $150, but according to customer support in Texas, "people are dumb, expect miracles, so we don't sell it now." My reply was - yeah, sounds like me. Support was a slow chat with thorough answers. He has similar in his home. I could go on and on, but bottom line, another $200 or so to make the audio work through my avr seamlessly bla bla bla remotes remotes remotes. Wireless keyboard and windows pc required (or a lappy). I have a decent spare (2 yrs old and unused), so that's nice. TVs $1000. Hardware software, cables $1200. Not what I expected cuz I am dumb and expect miracles. Still a whopping versatile 4k set up for the price just not a miracle.

Oh, the top TVs get mounted upside down and the controller flips the pictures. Fun. Should be up and running next weekend. Sure sure...

Thumbs up to the 65” TLC. My dad had been wanting a bigger tv for year (parents have a 42” one) but my mom has always shut it down saying theirs was big enough. So I bought my dad the 65” TLC knowing my mom couldn’t complain if it was a Christmas gift from her son. And then made my dad take me in his truck to go pick it up. :lol:

Stick it mom, we’re watching Ohio State vs Michigan on a 65” tv this year!

Nice move. Love hearing stuff like that

DSW Shoes.

Last night they had 30% off everything including clearance ,plus and extra 10%. Check it out to see if they do the same on Cyber Mondy. Took 20 minutes for my checkout to load but it was worth it.

Got the TCL 65" for 200 bucks setup just now. Walmart delivered the tv to my front door. Easy setup with youtube tv. Watched the OSU/MICHIGAN game. Picture is ok as well as sound. Perfect tv for a kids room, game room, extra tv. With the price point I wished I had ordered more of them. Could use it outside as well. GL
247.00 bucks with tax delivered to my front door.

Got the TCL 65" for 200 bucks setup just now. Walmart delivered the tv to my front door. Easy setup with youtube tv. Watched the OSU/MICHIGAN game. Picture is ok as well as sound. Perfect tv for a kids room, game room, extra tv. With the price point I wished I had ordered more of them. Could use it outside as well. GL

I had 4 delivered today. Thinking of returning two the more I consider my wall controller project. The $2200 solution isn't very elegant. I have a Cyber Monday projector deal in my Amazon cart. I'm torn. The 2x2 wall system with all its worts, or the projector at 100" and two of these 65ers? Save over $1000 going the projector route. I could keep all 4, forego the 2x2 idea, get the projector, have 2 extra 65" tvs and still save $500. :shrug:

edit to add: I have a good spot outside for one. good idea. pretty sure the wall controller system is getting nixed.

Last edited:

I had 4 delivered today. Thinking of returning two the more I consider my wall controller project. The $2200 solution isn't very elegant. I have a Cyber Monday projector deal in my Amazon cart. I'm torn. The 2x2 wall system with all its worts, or the projector at 100" and two of these 65ers? Save over $1000 going the projector route. I could keep all 4, forego the 2x2 idea, get the projector, have 2 extra 65" tvs and still save $500. :shrug:

edit to add: I have a good spot outside for one. good idea. pretty sure the wall controller system is getting nixed.

Projectors a great of you have a dedicated room that you can control the daylight.

Cons are you have to mount the projector, and people walking in front of the projector can be annoying. Unless you’re dropping some serious coin you’re unlikely to get the “wet” look that a regular flatscreen provides.

I’m not sure I would ever do one again except for a portable one for outside during the summer.

YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread