What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom 100: 11-20 (1 Viewer)

"Johnson really took a long time to get his football legs under him and produce, but once he did, as if something clicked, he was electric."Two things happened....
Great info! Still doesn't change much in my opinion of his abilities. It was easy to tell he played on a joke of a team and he didn't get the most out of his potential. But his story is a bit unique. And there haven't been many college RB prospects with his skillset and build. His prospects are very intriguing to say the least, and I'd say the mystery in his upside is what keeps him in my top 10.

tremendous write-up as usual - could you link to all of your series at the top so we don't have to search for the previous editions as you continue?

much thanks -

Bloom,

I love 18-20, the top 3 concensus WR's that could go in the first round knocked down many pegs where they truly belong.

I would like to note to the person who referenced the Florida players (I'm presuming the DBs) praising Manningham that it was Florida's secondary that was their great weakness this year. Manningham's an interesting player, but when it's all said and done I'd rather have players like Bennett, Kelly, Sweed, Thomas, and even a guy like Bowman or Hardy

"Johnson really took a long time to get his football legs under him and produce, but once he did, as if something clicked, he was electric."Two things happened....
Great info! Still doesn't change much in my opinion of his abilities. It was easy to tell he played on a joke of a team and he didn't get the most out of his potential. But his story is a bit unique. And there haven't been many college RB prospects with his skillset and build. His prospects are very intriguing to say the least, and I'd say the mystery in his upside is what keeps him in my top 10.
I thought Johnson showed more running in traffic than either Jones or Charles, to be honest. He doesn't have their lateral quickness though. The other thing that bothered me about Johnson, and maybe this is partly due to the level of the program, was that he seemed to have no interest if he wasn't getting the ball. He showed little effort blocking and was horrendous on fakes. He'd turn around to watch the play almost as soon as he got past the QB. One play I remember in the bowl game he stood there after the fake and almost watched a defender rush by to break up the play. I don't think such little display of effort is going to work in the NFL, but maybe being there will get him to work harder or his NFL coach will get through to him.

I would like to note to the person who referenced the Florida players (I'm presuming the DBs) praising Manningham that it was Florida's secondary that was their great weakness this year. Manningham's an interesting player, but when it's all said and done I'd rather have players like Bennett, Kelly, Sweed, Thomas, and even a guy like Bowman or Hardy
It's awfully hard to sort them out for me. In the past EBF has placed considerable weight on where they get drafted. Seems smart with this group.Bowman before Manningham? Go on.

It's awfully hard to sort them out for me. In the past EBF has placed considerable weight on where they get drafted. Seems smart with this group.
Can't agree more. It will certainly give me a better idea of where the minds inside the league think about the diverse range of flaws and potential wehave in this group.

USC shut him down pretty good.

Bloom,I love 18-20, the top 3 concensus WR's that could go in the first round knocked down many pegs where they truly belong.
Do you knock them down for the same reasons, or are there other warts than bother you about Jackson, Sweed, and Manningham?
Manningham's 40 time was alarming, he showed deep speed in the Big 10 which probably isn't saying much - He'll be a more productive Derek Hagan: zero ability to create seperation in the NFL (Whom ironically I was very high on coming out of ASU lol)Sweed looked awful in the position drills I saw on the Senior Bowl coverage. If he was a top notch prospect he should have dominated like Bowe did last year. Ok he was hurt (Wrist) but his routes looked awfulJackson isn't Ted Ginn, and he doesn't have the bulk to make it as anything more than a slot guy. At least Steve Smith has some bulk to him.

Manningham's 40 time was alarming, he showed deep speed in the Big 10 which probably isn't saying much - He'll be a more productive Derek Hagan: zero ability to create seperation in the NFL (Whom ironically I was very high on coming out of ASU lol)
I know the Big Ten always seems to get a bad rap for it's speed, but Manningham was going against some top flight talent. OSU had what would have been the #1 CB in the draft this year had he come out. King, while horrible in technique, timed as one of the fastest players at the combine and is universally regarded as one of the top overall athletes at any position and Manningham dominated Florida's secondary just this past year in the bowl game. He will not have the problems separating in the NFL you seem to think IMO. He ran a poor 40 time. Simple as that. You put the game film on and you will not see a slow player.

Users who are viewing this thread