What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom 100 with FULL COMMENTARY (1 Viewer)

mcintyre1 said:
Why is Zac Taylor so low? Never see him getting a shot? You sounded pretty high on him from the senior bowl.
My opinion of him improved at the Shrine Game practices, but it just improved from 3rd string/PS/NFL Europe to possible career NFL backup.

JUST MISSED (and there’s about 20-30 guys I had trouble leaving off of this list):

RB

Garrett Wolfe, Northern Illinois
I'm more surprised to see Wolfe left out.I would not be surprised to see Breaston fall further. If you're high on Price, why not rank him higher?
I just don't see Wolfe fitting in well in the NFL. He's tiny but he's not shifty.I don't Price high just yet because Im not even sure he'll get drafted.

13. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville – Bush is a more outstanding talent than Pittman, but my questions about him are larger. Can he learn to use his mass as a weapon? How’s that leg? I still can’t decide how much the Eric Shelton debacle should impact Bush’s rank – I need to know more about WHY Shelton busted before I make that call.
Bloom,As a diehard Louisville fan, I can tell you this. Eric Shelton was NO Michael Bush. Bush was just learning the RB position but was dominant compared to Shelton. The only reason Bush didn't get more carries while Shelton was in there was more than anything, seniority, ie loyalty from the coaches, AND, Shelton basically DID what he was supposed to do. Petrino knew Bush would get his chance. This was supposed to be a VERY special season for this kid, and I'm rooting for him to do well in the NFL.

With that said, I'm a little skeptical, NOT to his talent, but to his size. He's SO big, that he just doesn't have the body/build of a typical pound it RB. His stand upright style is succeptible to another big time injury, ala broken leg. We all remember the questions surrounding Drew (too small), can Bush be too big??

To the injury: That type of break heals and heals completely, stronger than it was before, so its really not an issue.

Final thoughts: I honestly think, Bush will be a STUD. As a Louisville homer, I was NOT saying this about Eric Shelton. I wasn't saying it about Frank Moreau or any of the other decent RBs from the Ville. Bush was special. He was Mr. Football Kentucky as an All-State QB. He was a slash type player at first, with potential as our QB, but with LeFlors leading the way we had no need... Then here comes Brian Brohm. Petrino saw his true calling and I firmly believe Michael Bush will be the SOD, whoever lands him. He's the first jersey I HAD to have as a Cardinal fan, and to see him go out Game 1, after busting Kentucky for 150, was really, REALLY disappointing for me. Having said that, I truely think his future is with the NFL. If he avoids the "big" injury, there's nothing stoppin this kid... N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Blind homerism? Maybe, but if I'm wrong about him, I'm going down wrong AS an owner, not a bystander.
Do you think he's agile enough? I'm familiar with his background because I actually remember him from his high school days, but I'm still a skeptic. He's always looked a little too big/slow for the NFL RB position.

Do you think he's another Jamal Lewis?
I see two questions here:Q: Do you think he's agile enough?

A: Without a doubt. He can juke/cut/spin really well for his size. He's no MJD, but he's very quick.

Q: Do you think he's another Jamal Lewis?

A: Maybe a good comparison Nick, but Bush is definitely MUCH more athletic. If he has the field vision of Jamal, he'll have a great career.
Q. Jets fan right? Is this the guy YOU want? At what pick?

JUST MISSED (and there’s about 20-30 guys I had trouble leaving off of this list):

RB

Garrett Wolfe, Northern Illinois
I'm more surprised to see Wolfe left out.I would not be surprised to see Breaston fall further. If you're high on Price, why not rank him higher?
I just don't see Wolfe fitting in well in the NFL. He's tiny but he's not shifty.I don't Price high just yet because Im not even sure he'll get drafted.
I'm trying to figure out what happened to Wolfe. Did he get injured and not fully recover? After his outstanding performance at OSU he virtually disappeared. I thought I had read he got injured and was playing through it. But he never seemed the same after that game.

Great work as always Bloom. :cry:

I'm wondering which current NFL QB compares to Drew Stanton, as far as maybe upside/downside. He sure has the tools, but it was hard to understand why he could look so great, then all of a sudden look like he came off the streets. The extremes were frustrating to watch. It's hard to say if it's his mentality, or the MSU mentality. I am trying to think of a college QB who went on to success in the NFL who compares, as well as the above question.

Great work as always Bloom. :thumbup: I'm wondering which current NFL QB compares to Drew Stanton, as far as maybe upside/downside. He sure has the tools, but it was hard to understand why he could look so great, then all of a sudden look like he came off the streets. The extremes were frustrating to watch. It's hard to say if it's his mentality, or the MSU mentality. I am trying to think of a college QB who went on to success in the NFL who compares, as well as the above question.
I dont know, Dan Marino? Not so much physically, but definitely for playing to both extremes in college.

The dust has finally settled in my head and I have watched a good cross section of the draft class in person over the last three weeks. I really debated a lot of these rankings and as you all know, the combine and pro days factor in, and most importantly, the draft. The rankings on May 1 will be very different than these, keep that in mind. If I rebuilt these rankings from scratch right now, they would probably be different. Im sure once this is posted I'll read the rankings and start re-debating them from a different point of view, and some of you will bring some persuasive arguments as to why I am wrong about someone. I reserve the right to change these at any moment. This is all still very fluid in my mind, but this is a snapshot of where I am at right now, and meant to only be a very very general guide at this early stage. I did not have a chance to thoroughly proofread this, so forgive any spelling, position, team errors. I'll be working on the commentary for these during the rest of the week. Remember that this reflects both my player evaluation and general comparative evaluation of position value in full IDP leagues. These do not reflect a particular scoring system, they are more generic, but the commentary will address some values in specific systems.
Bloom - I'm not sure your disclaimer goes far enough. Suggest you use:
Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to the Bloom 100. Caution: The Bloom 100 may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. The Bloom 100 contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at. Do not use the Bloom 100 on concrete. Discontinue use of the Bloom 100 if any of the following occurs: itching vertigo dizziness tingling in extremities loss of balance or coordination slurred speech temporary blindness profuse sweating or heart palpitations. If the Bloom 100 begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head. The Bloom 100 may stick to certain types of skin. When not in use, the Bloom 100 should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of The Bloom 100, Wacky Products Incorporated, and its parent company, Global Chemical Unlimited, of any and all liability. Ingredients of the Bloom 100 include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space. The Bloom 100 has been shipped to our troops in Saudi Arabia and is being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq. Do not taunt the Bloom 100. The Bloom 100 comes with a lifetime warranty. Announcer: The Bloom 100! Accept no substitutes!
By the way, nice work on the Bloom 100 :unsure:

Bloom, great stuff. Where would you slot Brandon Marshall among this year's top receivers?
top of the 2nd tier
Bloom could you do your top ten from this year and last year's draft at RB and WRs? interested in how you stack them. Thanks in Advance...Will be useful in startup dynasties..maybe in tiers
you want the 2006 guys based on current grade or at the time of the draft? apples or oranges?

Bloom, great stuff. Where would you slot Brandon Marshall among this year's top receivers?
top of the 2nd tier
Bloom could you do your top ten from this year and last year's draft at RB and WRs? interested in how you stack them. Thanks in Advance...Will be useful in startup dynasties..maybe in tiers
you want the 2006 guys based on current grade or at the time of the draft? apples or oranges?
I guess at time of draft(the 2006 and 2007 guys together)...both would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
13. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville – Bush is a more outstanding talent than Pittman, but my questions about him are larger. Can he learn to use his mass as a weapon? How’s that leg? I still can’t decide how much the Eric Shelton debacle should impact Bush’s rank – I need to know more about WHY Shelton busted before I make that call.
Bloom,As a diehard Louisville fan, I can tell you this. Eric Shelton was NO Michael Bush. Bush was just learning the RB position but was dominant compared to Shelton. The only reason Bush didn't get more carries while Shelton was in there was more than anything, seniority, ie loyalty from the coaches, AND, Shelton basically DID what he was supposed to do. Petrino knew Bush would get his chance. This was supposed to be a VERY special season for this kid, and I'm rooting for him to do well in the NFL.

With that said, I'm a little skeptical, NOT to his talent, but to his size. He's SO big, that he just doesn't have the body/build of a typical pound it RB. His stand upright style is succeptible to another big time injury, ala broken leg. We all remember the questions surrounding Drew (too small), can Bush be too big??

To the injury: That type of break heals and heals completely, stronger than it was before, so its really not an issue.

Final thoughts: I honestly think, Bush will be a STUD. As a Louisville homer, I was NOT saying this about Eric Shelton. I wasn't saying it about Frank Moreau or any of the other decent RBs from the Ville. Bush was special. He was Mr. Football Kentucky as an All-State QB. He was a slash type player at first, with potential as our QB, but with LeFlors leading the way we had no need... Then here comes Brian Brohm. Petrino saw his true calling and I firmly believe Michael Bush will be the SOD, whoever lands him. He's the first jersey I HAD to have as a Cardinal fan, and to see him go out Game 1, after busting Kentucky for 150, was really, REALLY disappointing for me. Having said that, I truely think his future is with the NFL. If he avoids the "big" injury, there's nothing stoppin this kid... N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Blind homerism? Maybe, but if I'm wrong about him, I'm going down wrong AS an owner, not a bystander.
Do you think he's agile enough? I'm familiar with his background because I actually remember him from his high school days, but I'm still a skeptic. He's always looked a little too big/slow for the NFL RB position.

Do you think he's another Jamal Lewis?
I see two questions here:Q: Do you think he's agile enough?

A: Without a doubt. He can juke/cut/spin really well for his size. He's no MJD, but he's very quick.

Q: Do you think he's another Jamal Lewis?

A: Maybe a good comparison Nick, but Bush is definitely MUCH more athletic. If he has the field vision of Jamal, he'll have a great career.
Q. Jets fan right? Is this the guy YOU want? At what pick?
Hey Reaper,I would be ECSTATIC if the Jets landed him in the second, but by that time, I would honestly be surprised if he falls that far. I see a bunch of teams that might take a stab in the second.

I see Bush as the 4th or 5th back selected in the draft. After Cleveland takes Peterson and Houston (trades down) to grab Marshawn Lynch, there's a GAUNTLET TRIO of teams that may look to add him in the second.

Green Bay, New York Giants and Denver.

I'm sure Pittman and Jackson will go around here as well, but I could see all 3 taking backs before the Jets do, however there's a REALLY good chance, these teams think "I'll land one of them in the third" and he falls in their lap.

I'd be ONE HAPPY JETS FAN!

Who are the top 5 KR/PR from the Bloom 100?Ginn????
GinnBreastonRTaylorHigginsRRobinson (just missed the 100)
no DBs :X ??
Well the only DB in the 100 that is a quality returner is probably Revis, but I dont know if he measures up to that top 5. Those are five explosive returners. I will say that none of them can match Revis return vs. WVU for highlights. Josh Wilson, mentioned earlier is another good call.

Bloom great stuff as always...you set the bar for the site IMO. Why no commentary for 41. Jon Beason, LB, Miami-FL?? He's so good that no words needed??? :lmao: NFL network and I think ESPN have Beason rated as the #1 LB. I was just curious as to why he was knocked down on you list a bit. Thanks!

Bloom great stuff as always...you set the bar for the site IMO. Why no commentary for 41. Jon Beason, LB, Miami-FL?? He's so good that no words needed??? :popcorn: NFL network and I think ESPN have Beason rated as the #1 LB. I was just curious as to why he was knocked down on you list a bit. Thanks!
Beason and Timmons are a little lower because they are likely OLBs - either could move up 5-15 spots if they go to a team where they will have an opportunity to play a high tackle position. Since they are both underclass, I'll also be very interested in their combine numbers.

Hey Reaper,I would be ECSTATIC if the Jets landed him in the second, but by that time, I would honestly be surprised if he falls that far. I see a bunch of teams that might take a stab in the second. I see Bush as the 4th or 5th back selected in the draft. After Cleveland takes Peterson and Houston (trades down) to grab Marshawn Lynch, there's a GAUNTLET TRIO of teams that may look to add him in the second.Green Bay, New York Giants and Denver. I'm sure Pittman and Jackson will go around here as well, but I could see all 3 taking backs before the Jets do, however there's a REALLY good chance, these teams think "I'll land one of them in the third" and he falls in their lap.I'd be ONE HAPPY JETS FAN!
Really, thanks for the reply.. That SIZE scares me. I'm kinda hoping for Turner at the right price or just a lot of OL help and roll with what they have.I have this feeling like the Jets feel Barlow has a lot more to give.

Great input. I also think he is definitely on an entirely different level talent wise from Shelton. What bugs me is that its possible that running through those wide open lanes created by the Louisville offense molds an RB to be a certain way that doesn't translate. It's a remote chance, but I was at least semi-optimistic about Shelton and Lionel Gates, and they both seem to have completely flopped. I'm probably straining too hard to make a parallel. Bush really does have the raw talent to merit consideration as high as #4.
You know what would be interseting? Bush in Atlanta. How 'bout them apples? Reuniting with Petrino? Dunn and Norwood are there but both are coming off of injuries. Dunn is ancient and I believe will have a big cap number at some point which could get him cut. (someone may need to second that) Norwood is mad talented but coming off the serous injury. He's also a bit smallish. Norwood and Bush would make an interesting RBBC for the future for sure. So here's a thunder and lightning combo.Pure conjecture here:

You might even be able to use them in the same backfield at times. Imagine a poor man's Reggie Bush (Norwood) and a bigger Deuce McCallister (Michael Bush). Bad comparisons. But maybe Bush could get some looks in the same backfield with Norwood as a hybrid tailback-fullback-H-back and at other times throw the D off guard by splitting Norwood outside and keeping Bush in at tailback. Worked for the Saints some. :lmao:

It would also be interesting to see Bush go to Pittsburgh. They like the power run game. Would make a nice complement to Willie Parker.

Bloom, Will Bush go in Round 2? Where do you see him going?

Great input. I also think he is definitely on an entirely different level talent wise from Shelton. What bugs me is that its possible that running through those wide open lanes created by the Louisville offense molds an RB to be a certain way that doesn't translate. It's a remote chance, but I was at least semi-optimistic about Shelton and Lionel Gates, and they both seem to have completely flopped. I'm probably straining too hard to make a parallel. Bush really does have the raw talent to merit consideration as high as #4.
You know what would be interseting? Bush in Atlanta. How 'bout them apples? Reuniting with Petrino? Dunn and Norwood are there but both are coming off of injuries. Dunn is ancient and I believe will have a big cap number at some point which could get him cut. (someone may need to second that) Norwood is mad talented but coming off the serous injury. He's also a bit smallish. Norwood and Bush would make an interesting RBBC for the future for sure. So here's a thunder and lightning combo.Pure conjecture here:

You might even be able to use them in the same backfield at times. Imagine a poor man's Reggie Bush (Norwood) and a bigger Deuce McCallister (Michael Bush). Bad comparisons. But maybe Bush could get some looks in the same backfield with Norwood as a hybrid tailback-fullback-H-back and at other times throw the D off guard by splitting Norwood outside and keeping Bush in at tailback. Worked for the Saints some. :lmao:

It would also be interesting to see Bush go to Pittsburgh. They like the power run game. Would make a nice complement to Willie Parker.

Bloom, Will Bush go in Round 2? Where do you see him going?
Bush to Atlanta in the mid 2nd will not surprise me at all. He should make the 2nd no problem as long as his leg is healing well, with an outside shot at the 1st if he is 100% physically and posts the workout numbers to prove it.

Wow...nice update Bloom. ;) How far would you drop Dwayne Jarrett if he runs a substandard 40 time in Indy? I've been hearing rumors that his speed might be a real issue.
Probably no lower than 9th or 10th even if he's in the 4.6s.
Just starting reading this, and I thought I would point out that Anquan Boldin timed in the 4.6s (his best time was 4.59) as well. So I will be watching Jarrett closley since you think highly of him, especially if he lands in a spot like Boldin did where no WR1 was established (his only competition before Fitz was another rookie) because he drops due to speed issues. The 4.6 time hasn't hurt Boldin's ability to run well after the catch.

As a diehard Louisville fan, I can tell you this. Eric Shelton was NO Michael Bush. Final thoughts: I honestly think, Bush will be a STUD. As a Louisville homer, I was NOT saying this about Eric Shelton.
Bloom, one of the things I was told about Shelton is that he did not seem particularly focused in practice, and was not very professional. I know its tough for a guy so young to "get it" right off the bat, but his dedication has been questioned by the Panthers. Any insight on that?Also, Chansi Stuckey was converted to WR from QB in college, so that may help his stock a teeny bit with an added trick play dimension in his arsenal.

top of the 2nd tier
So ranking the WRs based on where I had them at this point in the draft process (that is, ranking as if everything happened from the combine forward last year hadn't happened for the 06 guys - an apples to apples comparison:1. Calvin Johnson2. Dwayne Jarrett3. Sidney Rice4. Robert Meachem5. Dwayne Bowe6. Ted Ginn7. Santonio Holmes8. Chad Jackson9. Johnnie Lee Higgins10.Sinorice MossMarshall (EEE) would be 11th. At this point last year, he wasnt even considered draftworthy by some people. I had him #4 in the WR class.Apples to Oranges - that is factoring in what we know now:1. Calvin Johnson2. Brandon Marshall3. Dwayne Jarrett4. Sidney Rice5. Greg Jennings6. Robert Meachem7. Dwayne Bowe8. Santonio Holmes9. Ted Ginn10Johnnie Lee Higgins

Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
top of the 2nd tier
So ranking the WRs based on where I had them at this point in the draft process (that is, ranking as if everything happened from the combine forward last year hadn't happened for the 06 guys - an apples to apples comparison:1. Calvin Johnson2. Dwayne Jarrett3. Sidney Rice4. Robert Meachem5. Dwayne Bowe6. Ted Ginn7. Santonio Holmes8. Chad Jackson9. Johnnie Lee Higgins10.Sinorice MossMarshall (EEE) would be 11th. At this point last year, he wasnt even considered draftworthy by some people. I had him #4 in the WR class.Apples to Oranges - that is factoring in what we know now:1. Calvin Johnson2. Brandon Marshall3. Dwayne Jarrett4. Sidney Rice5. Greg Jennings6. Robert Meachem7. Dwayne Bowe8. Santonio Holmes9. Ted Ginn10Johnnie Lee Higgins
This rocks!!!!!!!!!! Will help with startup Dynasties :rolleyes: RBs coming?

Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
top of the 2nd tier
This rocks!!!!!!!!!! Will help with startup Dynasties :rolleyes: RBs coming?
The rooks will get included in my FBG dynasty rankings sometime soon after the draft. Maybe Ill do an article series gauging where the rooks would rank pre-draft - but beware, the rankings will get reshuffled as soon as they land somewhere.

H.K. said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
As a diehard Louisville fan, I can tell you this. Eric Shelton was NO Michael Bush. Final thoughts: I honestly think, Bush will be a STUD. As a Louisville homer, I was NOT saying this about Eric Shelton.
Bloom, one of the things I was told about Shelton is that he did not seem particularly focused in practice, and was not very professional. I know its tough for a guy so young to "get it" right off the bat, but his dedication has been questioned by the Panthers. Any insight on that?Also, Chansi Stuckey was converted to WR from QB in college, so that may help his stock a teeny bit with an added trick play dimension in his arsenal.
That would cause me to bump Bush a little higher- less reason to think that running in Louisville's O "programmed" Bush to fail.That's funny about Stuckey, he doesn't play as physical as most of the QB to WR converts. He's likely to bounce back up to the 50-75 part of the 100 after the draft, it's just that right now im more infatuated with some of the lesser known, smaller school WRs. The draft will sort it out some.

Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
top of the 2nd tier
This rocks!!!!!!!!!! Will help with startup Dynasties :bag: RBs coming?
Bloom, Can you do the same thing for the RBs?

Bloom, any comments on Amobi Okoye making the top 100, but Alan Branch not even getting honorable mention? My league uses 1 DT and just was wondering if you're sour on Branch.

Bloom, any comments on Amobi Okoye making the top 100, but Alan Branch not even getting honorable mention? My league uses 1 DT and just was wondering if you're sour on Branch.
Branch is not the type of DT that will rack up stats. He's the kind of DT that will free up the LBS behind him to rack up stats.

Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
top of the 2nd tier
Colston?????

Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
top of the 2nd tier
Colston?????
ack horrible oversight sorry. Colston #2.

Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
top of the 2nd tier
Colston?????
Cool. I am in a keeper by draft round, so not really dynasty, and one thing I have usually done well with is WRs. I am definitely keeping my eye on CJ and Jarrett, and maybe Marshall :P . Usually, the top rookie RBs go way earlier than the top WR rookies, so I have done decently with rookie WRs that were WR3s or better (like AJ a few years ago and Colston this past year).We don't have a ton of backup roster spots, so with the bye week change, it is much more important to find young guys that play enough since it is more redraft than dynasty. Obviously, the draft hasn't happened, but where do you think the cutoff line will be for guys that will contribute this year, i.e. at worst WR40 (start 3 so could be considered #1 backup)?

Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
Sigmund Bloom said:
bigreese82 said:
top of the 2nd tier
Colston?????
Cool. I am in a keeper by draft round, so not really dynasty, and one thing I have usually done well with is WRs. I am definitely keeping my eye on CJ and Jarrett, and maybe Marshall :shrug: . Usually, the top rookie RBs go way earlier than the top WR rookies, so I have done decently with rookie WRs that were WR3s or better (like AJ a few years ago and Colston this past year).We don't have a ton of backup roster spots, so with the bye week change, it is much more important to find young guys that play enough since it is more redraft than dynasty. Obviously, the draft hasn't happened, but where do you think the cutoff line will be for guys that will contribute this year, i.e. at worst WR40 (start 3 so could be considered #1 backup)?
no real cutoff, as opportunity can change quickly, but I would say the likelihood of contribution drops around the Hill/McKnight area.

WRs that stand out in your ranking vs. others I've seen:

1. Jacoby Jones - I haven't seen him anywhere near WR10. You had good reports on him from the Shrine. You still hearing good things? Will we hear from him at the combine?

2. Chansi Stuckey - I've seen him in the WR14 range. I'm not a fan either.

3. David Clowney - See Chansi. Unless you just forgot to add him

4. Steve Breaston - I have him about where you do. I've seen him in the 20s other places.

5. Maurice Price - I have nothing on him. Keep us updated on his progress.

Apples (07 value now vs 06 on this date in 2006):

1. Bush

1a. Peterson

3. Lynch

4. Williams

5. White

6. Maroney

7. Booker

8. Addai

9. Bush

10. Calhoun

Oranges (07 value now vs 06 value now)

1. Bush

2. Peterson

3. Maroney

4. Jones-Drew

5. Williams

6. Lynch

7. Addai

8. Booker

9. Bush

10. Norwood

Why are you so low on Booker?
:lmao:
14. Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida St – If you read the Blammey Senior Bowl dispatches, you know that we love Booker. Honestly, he’s not that different from Reggie Bush. The problem is that he’s smaller, he won’t come in with Bush’s hype and unreal draft grade, and therefore, he seems destined to get the short end of an RBBC (then again, isn’t that where Bush is?). Of course, you could have said the same about Maurice Jones-Drew last year, and still, the cream rose to the top. I expect him to have a ridiculous combine and probably jump up a few spots

Users who are viewing this thread