What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bluetooth speaker recs? (1 Viewer)

What do you mean by primary set up, when it comes to blutooth stuff?
Not to speak for Mookie, but your home speakers will be different than your portable speakers.

It's possible, of course, to use a portable for everything, but you sacrifice sound quality and depth.
The Kilburn I linked above has 1-15 Watt woofer and 2-5 Watt tweeters.

A comparable home BT model has 1-50 Watt woofer and 2-15 Watt tweeters.

You will also see more frequency range on the home speaker lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using the regular Bose SoundLink for 3-4 years now, and it has been great.  It has been sufficient for parties, and it is extremely portable, so we have taken it to beach, tailgates, etc.

I recently got a Vizio sound bar outside, where I listen to music most, so I haven't been using it as much.  I would recommend soundbars as an option for those not needing to be mobile.  I actually want to upgrade and get the one with a woofer, and satellite speakers. 

If your not concerned about the size, those ion ones have better base than any of the smaller portables.
I use the vizio soundbar (with sub, and satellite speakers) as the primary on the tv.  Take the satellites outside when grilling or I just want to hang out. Looking into their crave wireless to integrate with the primary and to use as a portable.  Anyone have any experience with these?

I've got a wired stereo in my living room when I want it loud.  This little speaker isn't going to match that.
Oh of course not.  I thought you were talking about a home primary blutooth setup.  Didn't really think that was a thing, aside from maybe an amazon echo or similar. 

I have a couple of home BT speakers. The issues are that you can only play one speaker at a time and that if I want to use a speaker with my TV there I have to change modes (input from BT) and there's no external volume control.

Wireless is eliminating these issues. You can connect wireless to a smart tv and the controls can be run off your phone. Everyone has their own apps now.

If/when going the wireless route, I'd look for Chromecast devices. You can then mix and match speakers based on needs and decor.

I’m in the market. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for a single speaker that’s portable but still sounds good.

I got a nice Harmon/Kardon a couple years who that sounded great but the charging port is jacked up. I probably smashed my charger in there too aggressively too many times and broke something or shoved something too far back. I can’t get a charger to stay in contact to keep it charging.

Love my UE Megaboom. Mine is a 1st gen (I think they're on Gen 3 now) but it sounds fantastic. Waterproof and floats if you accidentally drop it in the pool.

Love my Jambox (not the mini). Loud enough to more than fill up a room with good sound and portable enough to grab and go.

Good timing on this thread being brought back....I've been enjoying my Megaboom speakers - purchased a 2d and they are great at tailgates - only downsid is it sometimes takes  few tries to synch up.

Have a wired Bose system in my TV room from 20 yrs ago that is about toast....looking to rip out all the wires and get a wireless home theater system.  I have a 70 inch Vizio TV, basic Blu ray DVD player I rarely use and an apple TV that I use a ton.  whats a good blue tooth system to get that surround sound i miss at a reasonable price that is compatible?  Thx!  

Have a Bose bluetooth that is 3 years old.  Ok to fill a room but deathmetal heads will probably think it comes up short.

Just looked at your website.  Do any of these speaker models pair in stereo?  Or are they all independent one-speaker systems?
I believe the WiFi models can be paired in stereo, but the home BT/Portable lines are all one-speaker systems. The Voice models can run other wireless speakers through the App, but if you're doing home theatre, I'd go with a system designed for that.

I have a Big Jambox and a tiny Marsboy speaker for portable use but I picked up a NAD VISO 1 a couple of months ago on eBay for $20 plus $20 shipping.  The original price at release was $700 :shock:

It was designed by audiophile manufacturers NAD and PSB in the heyday of iPods circa 2012.  The market niche never really developed for high-end iPod docks (Apple's switch from 30-pin to Lightning cable interface didn't help) but this thing produces exceptional sound.  It doesn't have a battery so it's only as portable as your extension cord but it can certainly be moved from room to room.  It supports aptX Bluetooth pretty but I think the sound is marginally better using Airplay via a Toslink-connected Apple TV unit I had lying around.

It's an ideal sound system for an apartment or small room.  The only thing lacking is soundstage--the stereo effect is noticeable but not mind blowing like the rest of the sound signature.

Ended up with a JLB Charge 4. It’s nice: sounds good for the size, very portable and holds a charge for a long time.

I was also gifted by my FIL a Marshall Kilburn 2. His friend mistakenly gifted it to him 2 years in a row. It sounds a lot better but is much larger and not as portable so they serve different purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread