What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Issues Involving the FFA? (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Just surveying if other people had issues recently with accessing the main page to the Free For All (the one listing all the topics). Since the last message board update, I had problems getting the FFA page to load on my phone, laptop, and desktop. (No problems anywhere else . . just that one page.) I would either get a blank white screen and the page would never load or I got a "This page isn't working right now. forums.footballguys.com can't currently handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500."

Did anyone else have similar issues? I worked with Footballguys and Invision tech support this week and ultimately, they changed some board settings and everything works fine for me now.

If you had similar problems, please check in here and post whether your issues were resolved or if you still are having page loading issues.

I have had those problems for like a year on most devices after one of the prior updates.  Today, the FFA suddenly works for me.  So I would say I may be having the opposite experience...
Same here. I had to backdoor access for a while thru the unread posts option on my Android devices. Now I can finally access the FFA main page. 👍

Vaguely remember FFA existing.   Just recently stayed outside of Shark Pool to Politics forum and was thinking, didn't there used to be some kind of lounge forum?   Pretty sure that I didn't have access to FFA for a long while but now do.  I only use laptops to access footballguys.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that never came up when working with the help desk people was what equipment I was using. None of my devices are new . . . all of them are at least 2-3 years old. Not sure if that had anything to do with the issues I was having or not. But as I mentioned, the fix they came up with worked, as I haven't had any problems or issues since.

Just surveying if other people had issues recently with accessing the main page to the Free For All (the one listing all the topics). Since the last message board update, I had problems getting the FFA page to load on my phone, laptop, and desktop. (No problems anywhere else . . just that one page.) I would either get a blank white screen and the page would never load or I got a "This page isn't working right now. forums.footballguys.com can't currently handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500."

Did anyone else have similar issues? I worked with Footballguys and Invision tech support this week and ultimately, they changed some board settings and everything works fine for me now.

If you had similar problems, please check in here and post whether your issues were resolved or if you still are having page loading issues.
I get that problem ever now and then. I found if I when and cleared all the history from this site if was back to working. Now I clear the history here more often and so far no problems.

Yes, I was having problems on my android phone using chrome. I could not access the FFA. And when I went to the shark pool, the display was weird.. Each topic had a 3 or 4 line preview of the 1st post, and a string of emojis at the bottom of each preview. 

Tried samsungs native web browser, same issue.  Laptop running windows was fine.

Then it suddenly cleared up and started working normal a few days ago. 

Yep.  Have had that issue with my old iPhone 11 and with my 13 as recently as last week. Couldn’t get in for days.  FFA only 

I have had those problems for like a year on most devices after one of the prior updates.  Today, the FFA suddenly works for me.  So I would say I may be having the opposite experience...
Same. I bookmarked a couple of the threads I frequent because the forum didn’t work for me. But now it’s all good. It might have been that I had been using dark mode. Or maybe because I use an iPhone 11 🤷

To get my stuff to work, Invision switched my settings from full view to list view. Not sure if individuals can change that setting on their own. 

I had those issues getting onto the FFA with my pc version of Brave, but it worked fine with Chrome on the pc and both Brave and Chrome on my android phone, so when on my laptop I just used Chrome for this site even when I was using Brave for everything else. At the time of the OP, it started working on pc Brave as well.

Now (maybe starting around that same time?) I'm having issues on android Brave.  The site opens and functions, but everything is just sloooooowwwww.  Like I click to open a thread and it takes a couple seconds to even register that I hit the link, a good 4 or 5 seconds for it to open and then another few seconds for it to fully load.  I thought it might just be my phone getting old, but every other site I'm on is as speedy as ever.

Cleared cache, browsing data, etc but that didn't help.

Anybody else having this issue?

Huh. It's back to working normally this afternoon. I didn't change a thing on my phone.

Off and on I get funky errors. I'll try to document what I'm seeing. Mostly the white screen stuff but it goes away on a refresh.  Very intermittent. 

Users who are viewing this thread