What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This functionality was available before the "upgrade", but has been removed. It used to be possible to see how many different threads shuke posted in about corn dogs, or how many different threads the words "ploy to motivate" appeared in. That's gone now.
(Answer:  All of them.)

Someone paid thousands of dollars to get a degree in graphic design, then was paid tens of thousands of dollars to develop this new feature.

And still managed to position it pretty much exactly where one's thumb tends to land when scrolling pages on a handheld tablet.

That brilliance is wasted on a search function.  It should be used to deliver "click-on" pop-up ads!

FYI, it reports as a tracker in Ghostery. Which is, thankfully, able to block it from tracking your personal details.

I recommend everyone use a browser add-on like Ghostery, Remove It Permanently, or another of that type, to kill these "helpful" additions that end up exploiting you across various webpages. Unfortunately it looks like mobile users are screwed.

I thought @Joe Bryant had a policy against these things. I guess times have changed. It's a free site, so, the old axiom must be true, we are the product being sold.
I installed Ghostery and that solves the issue on PC.  There is a ghostery app in the google play store for android.  My old phone doesn't have enough space to install it, but its there.

Thanks for the tip!

FYI, it reports as a tracker in Ghostery. Which is, thankfully, able to block it from tracking your personal details.

I recommend everyone use a browser add-on like Ghostery, Remove It Permanently, or another of that type, to kill these "helpful" additions that end up exploiting you across various webpages. Unfortunately it looks like mobile users are screwed.

I thought @Joe Bryant had a policy against these things. I guess times have changed. It's a free site, so, the old axiom must be true, we are the product being sold.
The Ghostery browser for iPhone gets rid of it.

This is really troubling.  Anyone know if there is a solution for a Mac?

Is someone tracking how often it is clicked?  I am clicking every 90 seconds on accident.  

What is the perceived or actual benefit to the customer?

Don't know if it's still an issue for some or if the fix is known but 

How to delete a quoted reply in mobile: tap in the area that has the user name you're quoting. A "box" will show up above the name. Tap that (probably not needed) then hit backspace. 

Works for me using Dolphin browser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone getting signed out regularly?  If I'm on my desktop, then I get signed out of mobile.  When I sign back in on mobile, I'm getting logged out of desktop.  This has been going on a couple days now. 

More information might be helpful for them, like what OS and browsers this is happening on.

I log in from 3 different cpus (all windows 10, Firefox) and 1 phone (droid using default Samsung browser), and have had no logout issues. So it might only be certain combinations or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
More information might be helpful for them, like what OS and browsers this is happening on.

I log in from 3 different cpus (all windows 10, Firefox) and 1 phone (droid using default Samsung browser), and have had no logout issues. So it might only be certain combinations or something.
Android phone. Use chrome on phone. Use Firefox on Windows 10 desktop. But I've tried looking at other devices and any time I log into one, it logs me out of every other device/browser that I have.

I live in a Mac environment.  So if I am on my iMac and logged into FBG in a chrome browser, then maybe I go to another room and pull up FBGs on my ipad - Safari browser - I am logged out, and have to log in on the ipad.  Then when I am back at my desk - iMac, Chrome - I have been logged out of FBGs and have to re-log-in (This happens even if my browser remains open on the iMac).  Same thing with my iphone.

It seems as soon as I log in - with the same user name (i.e. no aliases) - on a mobile device - apple/safari browser - then the desktop (imac/Chrome) is automatically logged out, and vice versa, when I am logged in on the iMac, my mobile devices are logged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread