What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boats - a thread about them (1 Viewer)

Good info on the clamps @MTskibum.  Obviously the new thru holes have new clamps (and I retorqued them after the first trip out).  I haven't left it in the water over night yet, but I intend to close the valves when I do for that very reason.   It is kind of crazy that a $1.68 clamp is an integral part of keeping your boat afloat.  

I’ve had the same prop since I bought my Moomba maybe 6 years ago. But we have a very deep lake and it’s never touched anything but water. 

jb1020 said:
Boat still floats!  Intimidating project?  Yes...Was it hard.  Not really.  Just tedious.  Had to end up pulling the floor up to run a new line from the center pump to the bow bag.  Everything works great.  Fill time for the bags is about 5 minutes now, plus they vent now.  I had no idea how nice that was.  They empty just as fast too.  Its a safety feature too.  We got caught it some rough weather a time or two last year with full bags and that's just terrifying. 

Hole 1  Hole 2

Rear Locker bags

And a Clean and floating boat

I'm missing a quick connect piece to the center bag or I'd post a video of the wave it throws.  We didn't have a ton of time to test it, but its a major upgrade.  Hopefully this weekend.  

You guys have probably figured out I'm a DIY guy.  The Marina I'm out has preventative/routine maintenance they offer.   They're going to put a new prop on this week and change the oil.  Both seem incredibly simple, but I had a friend tell me the props can be a major pita to get off sometimes.  One of those piece of mind things.  

We went straight form a cool spring to 90 degree temps here in MS so it's game on.  
This post is making me regret never trying out my ballasts. Literally haven’t flipped the switch on the pumps ever. I can’t imagine that it would be fully functional after 6 years of dormancy. 

This post is making me regret never trying out my ballasts. Literally haven’t flipped the switch on the pumps ever. I can’t imagine that it would be fully functional after 6 years of dormancy. 
What do yall use it for?  Just wakeboard?  

The surfing is so much fun.   Fill those bags up and see what happens.  Which Moomba do you have?  

What do yall use it for?  Just wakeboard?  

The surfing is so much fun.   Fill those bags up and see what happens.  Which Moomba do you have?  
Yes, we use it for tubing, wakeboarding, wakeskating and kneeboarding. No surfing. I have a Mobius LSV. With an annoyingly huge stereo/speaker system, which I love. 

Yes, we use it for tubing, wakeboarding, wakeskating and kneeboarding. No surfing. I have a Mobius LSV. With an annoyingly huge stereo/speaker system, which I love. 
I've never done the wake skating.  My kids are obsessed with the tube. I don't really care for it.  I like to wakeboard, but I can see it ending badly.  I've known some guys that have torn ACL's and after just a few spills I can how.   Surfing is much safer from that aspect.  

I too have the annoyingly loud system.  We love it, but with 3 kids 12 and younger we can never just crank it and relax.  

Boat is dialed in and I love it.  I knocked off work yesterday and met up with 2 friends that also have surf boats.  We got out at 8 am.  I have yet to have someone on my boat that can actually surf, but that changed yesterday.  Surfing is a lot harder than I though.   I finally got to the point of being able to drop the rope, but still couldn't stay in the wave more than about 30 seconds.

Here's a clip of my neighbor surfing.  

I think i will shortly begin searching for my next boat.

I am going to take on a project boat, no newer than 2005 and will look at boats as old as 40 years old. I know exactly how I want my next boat to be setup.

Requirements when completed:
1. Has to fit in my garage, this means 20 foot length and just as restrictive is the height of the garage door.
2. Minimum of 60 gallon fuel tank
3. Foldable t-top
4. custom dual axle trailer so that i can run 14" tires instead of 15" tires for that extra clearance.
5. Livewell in leaning post instead of transom
6. Batteries in console
7. 9.9 HP trolling motor in addition to main motor
8. Foam filled, positive floation
9. Multiple bilge pumps and a high water alarm

My goal is to get a boat that I can store in my garage, but i feel comfortable running 50 miles offshore on calm days and there are only a handful of boats that I will look at in my search. The reason I want an old boat is because I will put in sweat equity. Replacing fuel tanks or needing a new transom will not be a deal breaker.

I plan on gutting all electronics, every wire, thru hull, etc along with a repower. My goal is to rebuild the boat to custom boat building quality, and should look better than a new one from the factory.

The Cape Horn 19 Offshore will be my main target, however there are a few other boats that will work as well.

@Ron Swanson
What am I looking at here, 1-2 days work and maybe a couple thousand dollars?

Users who are viewing this thread