What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

So how the hell do we get crystals to make the good statues??
Submarines and reclaiming the bad statues
ok. So I need to be doing lots more sub diving. Am I understanding correctly I can make statues with shards or fragments and there is a chance to reclaim a crystal from it?
1. Every time your sculptor has the message to build a statue, do so right away.

2. Compare the new statue to the ones you already have.

3. If it's not better, reclaim it. If it is, then reclaim the one you want it to replace.

4. Reclaimed statues turn into one crystal a level higher than the crystals used to build it.

I was attacking a resource base today and had 6 lvl1 tanks to use. I shoot off some rockets to soften the defense and empty my gunboat energy, then I tap a spot on the shore to unleash them all but notice only 4 come out. There are 2 tanks left that can't come out unless I have 2 energy points each. Has it always been like this? Seems dumb that you need energy to deploy tanks.

My submarine is going 24/7, and pretty much worth the gold to go as deep as you go. When looking for what to dive for (and also the choices from your reward boat) I always go for diamonds, then stones, then resources (Iron, stone, wood in that order unless there is a huge score of wood).

Honestly, I don't even look at a statue until it's a masterpiece, I just reclaim and grind my way up to masterpiece. Right now I have 6 statues and 3 of them are resource upgrades (61% wood, 47% stone, 40% iron) which are nice, the others are gunboat energy and troop health related.

I may lay off diamonds for a bit, sitting on 3k and it's just a ego thing now.

So how the hell do we get crystals to make the good statues??
Submarines and reclaiming the bad statues
ok. So I need to be doing lots more sub diving. Am I understanding correctly I can make statues with shards or fragments and there is a chance to reclaim a crystal from it?
1. Every time your sculptor has the message to build a statue, do so right away.

2. Compare the new statue to the ones you already have.

3. If it's not better, reclaim it. If it is, then reclaim the one you want it to replace.

4. Reclaimed statues turn into one crystal a level higher than the crystals used to build it.
game changer for me. Simple and core game mechanic I was not aware of :bag:

What's the difference between the cannon and boom cannon? One's just a stronger version of the other, right?

My submarine is going 24/7, and pretty much worth the gold to go as deep as you go. When looking for what to dive for (and also the choices from your reward boat) I always go for diamonds, then stones, then resources (Iron, stone, wood in that order unless there is a huge score of wood).

Honestly, I don't even look at a statue until it's a masterpiece, I just reclaim and grind my way up to masterpiece. Right now I have 6 statues and 3 of them are resource upgrades (61% wood, 47% stone, 40% iron) which are nice, the others are gunboat energy and troop health related.

I may lay off diamonds for a bit, sitting on 3k and it's just a ego thing now.
Building health is also a huge defensive boost. Makes it really difficult to kill buildings with the gunboat.

What happened to the task force??

edit: I got booted somehow

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to rejoin later. It doesn't give me the option right now, assuming there is a cool down period like CoC. Hold my spot please?

For the higher level guys, what troop combo did you settle on? I'm at HQ 14 now and deciding if I should focus on Hooka or Tanks in prep for medic at next hq level? Warriors? What has been most successful for you?

For the higher level guys, what troop combo did you settle on? I'm at HQ 14 now and deciding if I should focus on Hooka or Tanks in prep for medic at next hq level? Warriors? What has been most successful for you?
I'm at 13 and have never had luck with anything other than Zookas & heavies. If I had all my bhotes to lvl12 & could stuff 2 tanks in them I'd probably run that army as there is little that will stop that many tanks. Warriors are ok but rocket launchers just chew them up regardless of what level they are.

Heavy + Zooka is my army of choice. I recently upped my HQ and unlocked medics and have added a medic to the mix. Really helps the heavies absorb damage.

All that said, I never get rolled by heavy/zooka. It's either tank/medic or warriors. Some people are really good at using smoke screens and shock bombs with warriors. I've had my base destroyed a few times without my defense even firing a shot.

Heavy + Zooka is my army of choice. I recently upped my HQ and unlocked medics and have added a medic to the mix. Really helps the heavies absorb damage.

All that said, I never get rolled by heavy/zooka. It's either tank/medic or warriors. Some people are really good at using smoke screens and shock bombs with warriors. I've had my base destroyed a few times without my defense even firing a shot.
Yeah, I had gone about 3 weeks without my base being destroyed and then over the weekend had someone run warriors with smoke screens and shock bombs that was a work of art. Was beautiful to watch.

i have luck with warriors on player bases"..... heavy, zookas on computer bases and occasionally tank, medic

Spending too much time on CoC, and not enough on family. Since I'm not gonna stop playing CoC, I needed to delete Boom Beach. Ok to boot me.

.:Bob Loblaw:.

Okay, so can anyone tell me when/how to use tanks properly? I'm trying to stop sucking at this game now that I have more downtime in CoC.

I just pushed to max out my boats so I could carry two tanks on each one, and so far all I've succeeded in doing with my 12 tank army was create very funny, expensive replays for my would-be victims.

Also, do people wait until everything is pretty much upgraded before moving on to the next headquarters? I still have some upgrades to do, but I'm at the level below where you get your first rocket launching thing, and I still get rolled by attacks fairly frequently (my layout might suck too). It's tempting to jump up to the next HQ to get that rocket launching thing.

I just got my lvl3 tanks today and they're great. I still only have 6 at my disposal but I flatten most of my fellow HQ12s.

I usually shoot rockets at the cannons and boom cannon first then either avoid snipers or shock them on my way to the HQ.

Having +29% troop damage help a lot too.

Also, do people wait until everything is pretty much upgraded before moving on to the next headquarters? I still have some upgrades to do, but I'm at the level below where you get your first rocket launching thing, and I still get rolled by attacks fairly frequently (my layout might suck too). It's tempting to jump up to the next HQ to get that rocket launching thing.
I have had absolutely no rhyme or reason to my upgrades. I do them as the green arrows pop up. Lately I've been trying to get all my bhotes upgraded to 12 to carry more troops but I don't intentionally save for a 'targeted' upgrade with the exception of my HQ. You're not going to raid a few times and net what you need to move from 13 to 14 so you have to save up for that. I will have a lvl14 HQ shortly with lvl10 machine guns, lvl 10 motars, lvl 8 cannon, lvl12-13 sniper towers.

I have had absolutely no rhyme or reason to my upgrades. I do them as the green arrows pop up. Lately I've been trying to get all my bhotes upgraded to 12 to carry more troops but I don't intentionally save for a 'targeted' upgrade with the exception of my HQ. You're not going to raid a few times and net what you need to move from 13 to 14 so you have to save up for that. I will have a lvl14 HQ shortly with lvl10 machine guns, lvl 10 motars, lvl 8 cannon, lvl12-13 sniper towers.
Unlike CoC, I find that my main source of income (resources) is just from my own residences and production buildings. I only raid other players and attack computer bases for fun. That might not be a good approach but I seem to be progressing just fine... I think.

Unlike CoC, I find that my main source of income (resources) is just from my own residences and production buildings. I only raid other players and attack computer bases for fun. That might not be a good approach but I seem to be progressing just fine... I think.
This game does feel more like a farming/defend yours game than C of C. I take advantage of Dr Terror twice a week, look to attack computer bases and player bases that are 5+ levels under me.

This is about correct. My biggest gripe with this game is the raid system. There are limited targets, and some are much higher level and there is no chance to raid them. I have made a few big pushes for resources to do major upgrades and tend to fall short of my goal after clearing my entire map. By the time new targets regenerate, I have been raided down to nothing again. I pretty much just upgrade what I can and save diamonds for HQ upgrades. There is no chance I can hold 1.7M wood to upgrade, so I wait until I have enough diamonds to bridge that gap. Upgrading HQ is a big boost in this game with no penalty. Getting those extra defenses up really helps protect the resources and makes those missed upgrades much easier.

I think the shark move is to rush HQs for more boats and defenses, focus on leveling only warriors for attacking. Ignore everything else until absolutely necessary.

I still work up almost all my buildings before moving on.

I think the shark move is to rush HQs for more boats and defenses, focus on leveling only warriors for attacking. Ignore everything else until absolutely necessary.

This is a good idea. I forget you don't get penalized for rushing HQ levels. Sitting on 3100 gems diamonds, might just blow it all on HQ upgrades.

It's hard getting used to the idea that I have to kill the HQ to get any loot. On defense, I'm still hiding resources like an idiot.

This is a good idea. I forget you don't get penalized for rushing HQ levels. Sitting on 3100 gems diamonds, might just blow it all on HQ upgrades.
Save a healthy amount of resources, boost your troop health/damage with powder and then clear your map before spending the diamonds

Well I was just running high on resources so I pushed the button for HQ13. Hoping the rocket launcher will help some on defense.

From CoC, I have it programmed into my brain not to rush upgrading levels, but as you guys are saying, there's really no penalty for doing so in this game. Might as well get the better defense and just continue to upgrade what I can, when I can.

Just got caught up and Dickies took care of most of the questions so here's what I do:

Zero penalty to rush the HQ (very much not the CoC approach). Work to get your resources close then use the pink diamonds to get the remainder (not the instant build).

My usual army is heavies and zookas. Used to run one riflemen but opted out. Barrage/artillery in rough descending order (depending if barrage can get multiples): Launchers, boom cannon, cannon, mortar, snipers. THen send in the troops saving at least enough energy for one freeze. Lately it's been 4 heavies and 2 zookas but was running 3 & 3 for awhile, even 2 & 4 occasionally. (all transports allow 16 slots- ie 2 tanks worth).

I've never run warriors and cannot figure out how to use them for the life of me. Tried a few times, and just threw in the towel.

Tanks worst enemies are cannons and boom cannons, then snipers. Machine guns, flamethrowers and mortars are nothing to them. If attacking AI bases and they are riddled with the former, move on. You'll cost yourself a LOT more than you could gain. I've found you really need to upgrade tanks for them to be worth anything (more than any other troop).

My statues are 2 gunboat energies which nets me about a 33% upgrade. One all resource upgrade, one iron upgrade, one wood upgrade, troop damage 15% and I just got a troop health 16%. The troop health/damage although not huge % are REALLY noticeable.

Biggest source of income is own resources and home base, by a very wide margin (again very un-CoC). If someone takes my resource base, it's priority one to get it back (watch their attack that took yours- if they didn't change the layout you know what to build to go get it back)

Upgrade those huts/houses ASAP. Money gets you upgraded troops, expands your map- resulting in more resource bases, and allows to dive for more resources. Quickest way to level up IMO.

I also believe that your gold intake that comes in on the boat is related to the number of islands with those gold pots, not inhabited with an AI or other person base. Basically, keep clearing the board of the easier bases so the gold you pick up is more each time you return.

I've found the better I am getting with my flares (and the more patient I am to not use up gunship energy) the more overall success I have. Keeping the heavies in front of the zookas can be tricky, but since heavies are faster than zookas flaring your troops out of the fight so your heavies can get back in front has been the difference in more than a few battles.

Tips for beginners:

Once you claim a resource base, visit it afterwards. you can cut down the trees there for more wood.

When you get the daily rewards I always take the pink diamonds, ALWAYS. They are the CoC equivalent of gems

Lower level Dr. Terror bases are a great way to test new approaches. Once you level into the 20's the first couple are snoozers, use those to try something different.

I've recently started going all in on statues, and it helped me a lot. I used to pick resources for the rewards and sub dives. Now I try to get shards for better statues.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for an enemy base to get the "!" symbol that allows us to get a new opponent? a week or so?

Just got caught up and Dickies took care of most of the questions so here's what I do:

Zero penalty to rush the HQ (very much not the CoC approach). Work to get your resources close then use the pink diamonds to get the remainder (not the instant build).

My usual army is heavies and zookas. Used to run one riflemen but opted out. Barrage/artillery in rough descending order (depending if barrage can get multiples): Launchers, boom cannon, cannon, mortar, snipers. THen send in the troops saving at least enough energy for one freeze. Lately it's been 4 heavies and 2 zookas but was running 3 & 3 for awhile, even 2 & 4 occasionally. (all transports allow 16 slots- ie 2 tanks worth).

I've never run warriors and cannot figure out how to use them for the life of me. Tried a few times, and just threw in the towel.

Tanks worst enemies are cannons and boom cannons, then snipers. Machine guns, flamethrowers and mortars are nothing to them. If attacking AI bases and they are riddled with the former, move on. You'll cost yourself a LOT more than you could gain. I've found you really need to upgrade tanks for them to be worth anything (more than any other troop).

My statues are 2 gunboat energies which nets me about a 33% upgrade. One all resource upgrade, one iron upgrade, one wood upgrade, troop damage 15% and I just got a troop health 16%. The troop health/damage although not huge % are REALLY noticeable.

Biggest source of income is own resources and home base, by a very wide margin (again very un-CoC). If someone takes my resource base, it's priority one to get it back (watch their attack that took yours- if they didn't change the layout you know what to build to go get it back)

Upgrade those huts/houses ASAP. Money gets you upgraded troops, expands your map- resulting in more resource bases, and allows to dive for more resources. Quickest way to level up IMO.

I also believe that your gold intake that comes in on the boat is related to the number of islands with those gold pots, not inhabited with an AI or other person base. Basically, keep clearing the board of the easier bases so the gold you pick up is more each time you return.

I've found the better I am getting with my flares (and the more patient I am to not use up gunship energy) the more overall success I have. Keeping the heavies in front of the zookas can be tricky, but since heavies are faster than zookas flaring your troops out of the fight so your heavies can get back in front has been the difference in more than a few battles.

Tips for beginners:

Once you claim a resource base, visit it afterwards. you can cut down the trees there for more wood.

When you get the daily rewards I always take the pink diamonds, ALWAYS. They are the CoC equivalent of gems

Lower level Dr. Terror bases are a great way to test new approaches. Once you level into the 20's the first couple are snoozers, use those to try something different.
One tip too is that if you are making a push for a big level, save the daily reward. This is the only time I find taking the non-diamond/gem reward beneficial. I usually take the diamonds/gems since they cannot be raided from me. If you take the resources, they may disappear in a few hours.

My statues are: 2 troop healths, 1 gunboat, 1 shard, 2 building health, 1 troop damage.

I find the building health really helps since it makes it difficult/costly to destroy the base via gunboat. I figure the damage will also increase via longer destruction times.

EYLive said:
I've recently started going all in on statues, and it helped me a lot. I used to pick resources for the rewards and sub dives. Now I try to get shards for better statues.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for an enemy base to get the "!" symbol that allows us to get a new opponent? a week or so?
What's this change your opponent you speak of? Holy smokes, just tried it. THANKS!!

FRESH MEAT!

EYLive said:

Thought it was 5 days maybe? Once we learned about importance of statues in here I went all in as well. I have a troop health +24, all resource production +24, wood production +15, gold +15, troop damage +8, and a resource reward +16 or something waiting in the hopper to deploy, but I can't decide what of my other statues I would get rid of.

Started the upgrade to Tank 4 last night, so I guess I'm heading down the tank/warrior path and abandoning Hooka or riflemen.

Also to Craig, I'm not trying to be a #### in the chat, but that is at least the 3rd attack of yours I recall where you brought all heavies, targeted the green tubs and then sank the energy gained back into boat attacks on the green tubs. That isn't helpful. It is harmful. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]I made subtle comments at the times I saw the attacks, hoping you'd take the hint to work on your attack strategy, but sadly your hint taking is on par with your attacking... ;) [/SIZE]

It's cool if you're still learning, I am too. Watch some of the other attacks in the history and pick up some pointers to apply to your own attacks, but the goal is to use that energy to further attacks on the main structure or surrounding defenses. When you take down all those tubs, you're reducing the effectiveness of other team members attacks that could have used it to work on the base.

Also to Craig, I'm not trying to be a #### in the chat, but that is at least the 3rd attack of yours I recall where you brought all heavies, targeted the green tubs and then sank the energy gained back into boat attacks on the green tubs. That isn't helpful. It is harmful. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]I made subtle comments at the times I saw the attacks, hoping you'd take the hint to work on your attack strategy, but sadly your hint taking is on par with your attacking... ;) [/SIZE]

It's cool if you're still learning, I am too. Watch some of the other attacks in the history and pick up some pointers to apply to your own attacks, but the goal is to use that energy to further attacks on the main structure or surrounding defenses. When you take down all those tubs, you're reducing the effectiveness of other team members attacks that could have used it to work on the base.
yep, the green tubs are better left to the stronger players, IMHO. The more heals/shocks the top players have, it allows so much more damage to be done to the bases. If you are going 100% heavy, go attack some rocket launchers since you can get within their radius

EYLive said:

Thought it was 5 days maybe? Once we learned about importance of statues in here I went all in as well. I have a troop health +24, all resource production +24, wood production +15, gold +15, troop damage +8, and a resource reward +16 or something waiting in the hopper to deploy, but I can't decide what of my other statues I would get rid of.

Started the upgrade to Tank 4 last night, so I guess I'm heading down the tank/warrior path and abandoning Hooka or riflemen.
Funny, I had never even considered statues until this thread, this morning I sat at the breakfast table converting shards of red to whatever the middle one was so I can convert to a master statue. I had about 136 shards :bag: I have about that many in all the different colors :bag: :bag:

The upside is the bonus's are bad ###. I have 58% upgrade for lumber production, 42% for gold and something soon for the troops. I think i can upgrade the statue producer as well since i just flipped to HQ14 :thumbup:

EYLive said:

Funny, I had never even considered statues until this thread, this morning I sat at the breakfast table converting shards of red to whatever the middle one was so I can convert to a master statue. I had about 136 shards :bag: I have about that many in all the different colors :bag: :bag:

The upside is the bonus's are bad ###. I have 58% upgrade for lumber production, 42% for gold and something soon for the troops. I think i can upgrade the statue producer as well since i just flipped to HQ14 :thumbup:
whatever the statue building is called is one of the only buildings I will consider using diamonds to upgrade prior to HQ. They make a huge difference. Sacrificing a masterpiece gives you powder which can boost the statue effects. I think it doubles the statue values for a temporary time. I boost every time I make a major upgrade push.

I just wish the statue powers were a little more predictable. Going for a masterpiece only to get like 40% stone production is :wall:

by "rushing" headquarters do you mean buy the resources needed with diamonds, even if you dont have the capacity in those resources regularly?

Any other tips for someone just starting out?

by "rushing" headquarters do you mean buy the resources needed with diamonds, even if you dont have the capacity in those resources regularly?

I would say "rushing" HQs doesn't mean spending diamonds, but I think you can upgrade HQs without maxing out all of your other buildings, which goes against what most do in Clash Of Clans. It's what I did for the first 14 levels or so of my HQs.

There are already some good tips in the thread, I'll try to add some tonight when I have the time.

Mostly don't unload only two boats in your task force attacks and then only attack the green tubs while ignoring all defense.

Sayyyyyyyyyy... in completely unrelated news, once you're leveled and running I think a spot in the FBG task force will be opening up if you're interested!

Mostly don't unload only two boats in your task force attacks and then only attack the green tubs while ignoring all defense.

Sayyyyyyyyyy... in completely unrelated news, once you're leveled and running I think a spot in the FBG task force will be opening up if you're interested!
I was disappointed that he didn't use the energy from attack the green tubs to fire missiles at more green tubs.

I was disappointed that he didn't use the energy from attack the green tubs to fire missiles at more green tubs.
As I mentioned in chat, it just didn't seem like his heart was in his usual unfettered assault on the big green tub menace.

As I mentioned in chat, it just didn't seem like his heart was in his usual unfettered assault on the big green tub menace.
I'm not into booting people but I just don't get it. Do we individually get more loot if we get more points in our attacks? I do not understand the concept of using gunboat strikes to take out the green tubs.

Craig's attacks hurt our operation efforts. A lot of our members send in a full pricey army to take out a single strategic building. But he's out there hogging valuable gunboat energy.

Users who are viewing this thread