What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (2 Viewers)

by "rushing" headquarters do you mean buy the resources needed with diamonds, even if you dont have the capacity in those resources regularly?

Any other tips for someone just starting out?
I would say "rushing" HQs doesn't mean spending diamonds, but I think you can upgrade HQs without maxing out all of your other buildings, which goes against what most do in Clash Of Clans. It's what I did for the first 14 levels or so of my HQs.

There are already some good tips in the thread, I'll try to add some tonight when I have the time.
thanks. Ive looked through the thread and gather statues are the most important, will key on that once I get there.

Seems the conesenus is zookas and heavys for attacks, will work on that.

when attacking, does it do any good to ensure all targets (oil barrels, houses etc) are wiped out before taking out the headquarters, or does it not matter?

I keep resources in the boats waiting to unload, rather then in my stores until I need them. Figure thats better if I get attacked - does that make sense?

any way to speed up the timeline without throwing money at this thing, sucks to have to wait hours for the upgrades to happen.

by "rushing" headquarters do you mean buy the resources needed with diamonds, even if you dont have the capacity in those resources regularly?

I would say "rushing" HQs doesn't mean spending diamonds, but I think you can upgrade HQs without maxing out all of your other buildings, which goes against what most do in Clash Of Clans. It's what I did for the first 14 levels or so of my HQs.

There are already some good tips in the thread, I'll try to add some tonight when I have the time.
thanks. Ive looked through the thread and gather statues are the most important, will key on that once I get there.

Seems the conesenus is zookas and heavys for attacks, will work on that.

Level up Heavies then zookas then whatever you like

when attacking, does it do any good to ensure all targets (oil barrels, houses etc) are wiped out before taking out the headquarters, or does it not matter?

you get gunboat energy for every structure taken down so if you can safely navigate your troops to a section of barrels without taking fire it's often worth it

I keep resources in the boats waiting to unload, rather then in my stores until I need them. Figure thats better if I get attacked - does that make sense?

Yes, that's the best approach I believe. From what I read when I first started, resources on boats cannot be raided (I need to start doing this again, getting rolled too often).

any way to speed up the timeline without throwing money at this thing, sucks to have to wait hours for the upgrades to happen.

Not really. Best I can recommend is attack as often as possible so you're always ready for the next upgrade. Spend the gold on troop and map upgrades, resources on buildings/defenses. The bigger your map the more resources you can control and the faster you'll be able to hit upgrade. Upgrade time is still the same though.

thanks. Ive looked through the thread and gather statues are the most important, will key on that once I get there.Seems the conesenus is zookas and heavys for attacks, will work on that.

you get gunboat energy for every structure taken down so if you can safely navigate your troops to a section of barrels without taking fire it's often worth it

Yes, that's the best approach I believe. From what I read when I first started, resources on boats cannot be raided (I need to start doing this again, getting rolled too often).

Not really. Best I can recommend is attack as often as possible so you're always ready for the next upgrade. Spend the gold on troop and map upgrades, resources on buildings/defenses. The bigger your map the more resources you can control and the faster you'll be able to hit upgrade. Upgrade time is still the same though.
thanks. With regard to gun boat energy, that's only applicable for that raid right? If it's going to be an easy victory regardless, no point in going for the optional targets?

thanks. With regard to gun boat energy, that's only applicable for that raid right? If it's going to be an easy victory regardless, no point in going for the optional targets?
Correct. I really only worry about the optional stuff as I reach my cap of the Dr. Terror islands.

thanks. Ive looked through the thread and gather statues are the most important, will key on that once I get there.Seems the conesenus is zookas and heavys for attacks, will work on that.

Yes just for that raid, use it all up. It resets on the next raid.

Just make sure you have FULL ####### BHOTES WHEN YOU ATTACK...just saying

Mostly don't unload only two boats in your task force attacks and then only attack the green tubs while ignoring all defense.

Sayyyyyyyyyy... in completely unrelated news, once you're leveled and running I think a spot in the FBG task force will be opening up if you're interested!
I was disappointed that he didn't use the energy from attack the green tubs to fire missiles at more green tubs.
As I mentioned in chat, it just didn't seem like his heart was in his usual unfettered assault on the big green tub menace.
I'm not into booting people but I just don't get it. Do we individually get more loot if we get more points in our attacks? I do not understand the concept of using gunboat strikes to take out the green tubs.
Now I get it. I guess it was unfair of me to assume everyone had watched a replay and figured out what the actual conditions were to win against a base.

:lmao:

If you make it through this craig, someday we'll all look back at this fondly and share a hearty chuckle

gmbacm said:
odin33 said:
gmbacm said:

Another thing to consider is that each optional target destroyed lowers the health of the HQ, so if you blow up all the defense and the extra huts and misc buildings, the HQ will have much lower HP than if you only attack the HQ directly.

So if your troops are low damage dealers, you may want to flare over to a bunch of barrels and such to speed up the HQ dying.

Good point EYLive. I try to keep my troops focused but if a small few go off to clear an area to get me another barrage or freeze I'm all for it. The HQ hit is gravy later on, but for the new guys it can sometimes mean the difference in a close one.

gmbacm = craigebz?

Good point EYLive. I try to keep my troops focused but if a small few go off to clear an area to get me another barrage or freeze I'm all for it. The HQ hit is gravy later on, but for the new guys it can sometimes mean the difference in a close one.

gmbacm = craigebz?
No. gebz306

Do we know what the Sabotage for 5 intel does? I feel like something bad for the team, good for you.

My base had drawn absolutely no interest in the past 2 months or so, and suddenly in this last week I was wiped out 4 times.

I rearranged my buildings to put the HQ in the far back right corner a few days ago which led to me getting crushed twice by puny lvl3 warriors and line of smoke screens.

BOOOOOO!!! <_<

My base had drawn absolutely no interest in the past 2 months or so, and suddenly in this last week I was wiped out 4 times.

I rearranged my buildings to put the HQ in the far back right corner a few days ago which led to me getting crushed twice by puny lvl3 warriors and line of smoke screens.

BOOOOOO!!! <_<
I hit hq 15 the other day and I've been getting steam rolled repeatedly by Hooka attacks. Not especially high level ones either. I rearranged my base today to stop the bleeding. If you're getting raped by warrior attacks you probably need to move your machine guns and flame throwers closer to HQ to cover it.

BOOOOOO!!! <_<
I hit hq 15 the other day and I've been getting steam rolled repeatedly by Hooka attacks. Not especially high level ones either. I rearranged my base today to stop the bleeding. If you're getting raped by warrior attacks you probably need to move your machine guns and flame throwers closer to HQ to cover it.
According to one of the Boom discussion boards, warrior/smoke combo is a basic tactic for corner tucking bases. I didn't know that. I rearranged my buildings again for more a balanced defense. We'll see how that goes.

BOOOOOO!!! <_<
According to one of the Boom discussion boards, warrior/smoke combo is a basic tactic for corner tucking bases. I didn't know that. I rearranged my buildings again for more a balanced defense. We'll see how that goes.
I've gotten raked by it once, cool as hell to watch. All of a sudden you are looking at a smoke cloud then you are surrounded by warriors and it's over.

I just got smoke, don't mess with it but seems like a cool skill to pick up when going after bases.

BOOOOOO!!! <_<
I've gotten raked by it once, cool as hell to watch. All of a sudden you are looking at a smoke cloud then you are surrounded by warriors and it's over.

I just got smoke, don't mess with it but seems like a cool skill to pick up when going after bases.
Yup, but I felt like such a noob. I also made the mistake of putting my rocket launcher next to my HQ so the warriors were far inside of it's range. And my machine guns couldn't put a dent in their healing ability.

I am Markistan in the task force - working my way up. hoping to get level 12 HQ this weekend.

Really struggling with getting enough wood right now. I have 6 resource bases and my sawmill is maxed out until I can get HQ12, and I have a +10% wood statue, and it still isn't enough.

Right now I'm trying to build as much as I can within the vault limits. I have arranged my base to be easy to raid to lower my victory points, but have only been raided twice. :kicksrock: I'm probably not getting raided as much as i'd like to be because i'm keeping my gold/wood/stone/iron as low as possible.

I gotta say - the reward boats have been a huge help in advancing, so thanks for that. Not sure if I was with a lower level task force what the rewards would be like, but the rewards in the boats can be enough for me to get HQ's upgraded, or zookas, or whatever.

yeah they help alot. Keep pushing. A few more HQ levels and wood won't be so scarce. Basically do everything you can to get gems and crystals for idols. Upgrade your sub for deeper dives, attack dr terror, hope for a good powerstone chance idol.

The northern area of my map is full of tough bases. I can't make any progress in getting ice shards. I've got multiple masterpiece statues in all the other colors but stalled out on the blue one.

yeah they help alot. Keep pushing. A few more HQ levels and wood won't be so scarce. Basically do everything you can to get gems and crystals for idols. Upgrade your sub for deeper dives, attack dr terror, hope for a good powerstone chance idol.
yeah I'm hip to the crystals. no masterpieces yet, but 3 of 5 statues are guardians - troop damage, troop health, and GBE. I'm real close to a life guardian, but don't really want to trade in my wood +10% to get it...I'd hate to get another +16% stone guardian.

:blackdot: for this informational gold. Only at level 13, but hooked and hoping I can absorb the time during upgrades without spending real cash.

Im a lvl 30 with 237 medals.

Im not happy with my task force and our leader goes awol for days at a time. Im a very active daily player.

Anyone have a task force I would be welcome in?

I have a few other active guys in the high 20's who id like to bring along.

Altogether we are usually good for at least 100 intel per week and helping on all operations.

we are currently at 24/25 in fbg1, but I suppose I could expand the clan to 50 people. Anyone opposed to doing that? I don't really understand what the ramifications of expanding the clan are. Most of us are mid-30s and 40s and we are not super serious. We try to do an operation every day, but they sometimes we skip a day or two.

I could be kicked out if needed. I honestly don't play that much. The only reason I'm a HERO is I get that notification sayiing that an operation is almost over and I haven't attacked.

we are currently at 24/25 in fbg1, but I suppose I could expand the clan to 50 people. Anyone opposed to doing that? I don't really understand what the ramifications of expanding the clan are. Most of us are mid-30s and 40s and we are not super serious. We try to do an operation every day, but they sometimes we skip a day or two.
Im waiting for the other guys to email me if they are interested in moving on, so dont do anything yet til I discuss it with them.

Can they come even though they arent fbg's?

Dickies.

Im getting no response from anyone in the tf except my buddy keno.

If I leave he says he will come along. Keno is his BB name too and I am DSP

After I get the reward for our last op in about 12 hours I will request to join fbg1 and so will he if you could make room.

Dickies said:
A buddy and I would be interested in joining as well...we started a task force, but at only level 14 and 16 we're pretty worthless on our own. I doubt either of us would miss an Op.

Damn.

The guys wanted me to make my own task force so I did.

Called it "the peoples army".

After it was made I didnt notice that didnt fit and it says "the peoples arm"

Fml

My TF "the peoples arm" is looking for recruits. Any level active players are welcome. We will help you build with OP rewards and advice. We have 11 members lvl 20+

I'm looking for a new game and thought about this one. I will play regularly, but I have no desire to spend a lot of money. Been there, done that. Can one be competetive and have fun without dumping a small fortune?

I'm looking for a new game and thought about this one. I will play regularly, but I have no desire to spend a lot of money. Been there, done that. Can one be competetive and have fun without dumping a small fortune?
YesJoin my task force. We are always helping eachother with advice and tactics. We do good on team operations and get a lot of rewards.

You can be really good in this game wuthout dpending money wuth smart tactics

Yes. I haven't spent a dime on this.

I'm a whopping level 5 after one day. At what point should I join a group? I have way too much gold and not enough wood. I assume there is a trade function betwee Task Force members?

Users who are viewing this thread