What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bourbon guys (6 Viewers)

Is it hard to find Buffalo Trace or their other products in other parts of the country? It's in every grocery store and some gas stations around here for roughly $25.
Yes. My store is allocated about 2 cases of BT every 6-8 weeks and we keep it behind the counter and wait for people to ask. We sell it MSRP, $32.99/fifth. and usually sell out in a week. Others like EH Taylor, Blantons, Weller, etc. are allocated only and at much less quantity so we keep those for our regular bourbon customers only and still sell at MSRP. Store down the road charges mark-up but has them in a case for sale to anyone willing to pay.

I am in MAryland, Howard County, btw.

Is it hard to find Buffalo Trace or their other products in other parts of the country? It's in every grocery store and some gas stations around here for roughly $25.
Yes. My store is allocated about 2 cases of BT every 6-8 weeks and we keep it behind the counter and wait for people to ask. We sell it MSRP, $32.99/fifth. and usually sell out in a week. Others like EH Taylor, Blantons, Weller, etc. are allocated only and at much less quantity so we keep those for our regular bourbon customers only and still sell at MSRP. Store down the road charges mark-up but has them in a case for sale to anyone willing to pay.

I am in MAryland, Howard County, btw.
That's crazy. I'm about an hour north of New Orleans and I can get all of those pretty easily at most stores without a markup.

Is there any consensus for your favorite bourbon to sip by itself (or a little water) that's regularly available under $50 for a 750 ml bottle?

Best bottle under $75?

It would be weird if there was a total consensus - it's not different than asking people their favorite beer, wine or soda - it's always personal preference. However, if you look at aggegator lists and people voting, here's some bottles that frequently show up in the under $50 list:
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Eagle Rare (if you can find it for MSRP)
  • Knob Creek
  • Wild Turkey 101
  • Woodford Reserve (not for me but it's very popular)
  • Weller Reserve
  • Old Forester (there's a few under $50)
Under $75 here's some I'd look at:
  • Rare Breed
  • Old Forester 1910/1920
  • Elijah Craig BP (this can be found for $70 but not everywhere)
  • Woodford Double Oaked
  • Russell Reserve Single Barrel
These are all both very popular and easy to find. I didn't list too many that are harder to find.

Thanks for the list. That's helpful. And of course, there will always be lots of individual preferences, but I don't think something of a consensus is weird at all. I was looking for a list like this. For many things there are lots of things where a few items are pretty universally regarded to be a great value.

Long Island, NY here - Buffalo Trace is everywhere. Pretty much every liquor store has it on their shelves.

Blanton’s, Elmer T Lee, Weller, etc. can’t be found anywhere. When a store does get a bottle they want charge $300+ for it.

Dumb question - isn't there something about how a liquor store isn't allowed to charge more than MSRP? Or did I dream that?

Or is that a state by state thing? And yes, I know I can google it but I like talking to folks here.

Dumb question - isn't there something about how a liquor store isn't allowed to charge more than MSRP? Or did I dream that?

Or is that a state by state thing? And yes, I know I can google it but I like talking to folks here.
I could be totally wrong, but I thought there was a “state minimum” that you can’t go below, possibly related to the tax stickers on the bottles, but they can charge as much as they want.

Edit to add: I might be confusing that with cigarettes, as I often see them advertised that way.

Different states have different laws. Ohio is a controlled state. The set up is described as a public/private partnership...essentially, the state control board owns all the liquor but it is sold to the consumer through privately owned businesses at regulated, consistent prices throughout the state. The plus side is that I don't have pay outrageous prices. The downside is that I can't easily get access to all the brands I may want.

Different states have different laws. Ohio is a controlled state. The set up is described as a public/private partnership...essentially, the state control board owns all the liquor but it is sold to the consumer through privately owned businesses at regulated, consistent prices throughout the state. The plus side is that I don't have pay outrageous prices. The downside is that I can't easily get access to all the brands I may want.
Whenever I hear of other state's laws that all seem weird to me, I think of the legislators sitting in a room somewhere coming up with all of this stuff. What problem are they solving? Just get out of the way.

I’m going to post this here as the Scotch thread isn’t very active. St. Paddy’s Day party last night with our friends. Here’s the Irish lineup we had:
  • Four Walls - didn’t even open it as I’m sure it’s trash. IASIP celebrity whiskey
  • Bushmills Prohibition Recipe
  • Slane
  • Jameson/Jameson Stout
  • West Cork Barrel Proof
  • Clonakilty Port Cask Finished
  • Powers Rye
  • Powers John’s Lane
  • Green/Yellow/Blue Spots
  • Redbreast 12 CS - my favorite
Had some bangers and mash, Irish stew and drank - great night.

Nashville area here and it goes in spurts. Sometimes they get limited bottles with the usual allocation (Eagle Rare, Blantons, EH Taylor). They usually get more BT and it lasts a little longer. It had typically been that $25ish price until what I had posted a week or so ago when it was listed at $44 which was nuts.

And from time to time a store will have a few 1.75s of BT.

Lots of places in CA and AZ charge museum prices, so definitely not a national restriction.

BT generally available here. Occasionally can be hard to find, but that's infrequent. And around $25 is pretty normal as well.

ER is getting tougher to find. The rest of the well known stuff is basically allocation, though there's the VERY infrequent EHT available in random places.

In MS I would say yes, it's hard to find on shelves. Most stores keep it behind counter/back room for regulars or wait for someone to ask for it, because once they sell one to someone that guy calls his buddies and the store is bombarded with people wanting it all. And it's always a 1 bottle limit around here.

I keep one on the bar mainly for guests, maybe purchase two of them a year at my local store where I can get it for $30. It's rare that I ask for it and they don't have it, but I've never ever seen them put it on a shelf.

Definitely depends on the laws of that state, but in general as long as it's not a government/ABC run store, a privately owned store can sell for whatever price they want.

ABC owned/operated stores I believe only ever sell for MSRP, or maybe MSRP + some fixed percentage set by the state. So if you're in one of those states and wanting to find a particular bottle, you can be assured that when you do see it, it'll only ever be for one price.

Was able to get an Eagle Rare this morning...been about 2 months since I've seen it last near me. My last bottle at home is only half full, so timed up well.
If I to give Joe one suggestion for favorite bourbon for the money, it would be Eagle Rare.

Was able to get an Eagle Rare this morning...been about 2 months since I've seen it last near me. My last bottle at home is only half full, so timed up well.
If I to give Joe one suggestion for favorite bourbon for the money, it would be Eagle Rare.
Love it. It is a great value at $42.99 in Ohio, but if you want it you need to go early and wait in line when you hear it is dropping.

For those of you who are thinking of checking out the Buffalo Trace facility, they've recently changed their rules on number of bottles allowed to purchase.

Per of age Adult:
It use to be 1 of the daily special and 2 BT
Then it went to 1 daily, 2BT, and 2 baby Saz
This past Saturday I had a little time and swung by coming back from Louisville. I didn't see any of the signs stating limits so I asked, Lady pouring samples said limit is 12 bottles in any configuration (only one daily special still). Luckily dodged Special Reserve day (still miffed they swapped out 107), restocked my BT, Blantons, and picked up a couple of the new Travelers. I like SR but living in Ohio I can find it on the regular at MSRP.

- It's been mentioned before but you can only get the daily special every 90 days, but... you could go multiple days in a row as they won't have the same daily special.

Spent the past couple days reading through the thread. Lots of great info in here. @[icon] OMG!!!

Picked up a JD SBBP this week based on the board. Man, never thought I'd ever buy a JD product again. Might crack it tonight.

Like the idea of tracking everything in a spreadsheet. Then again maybe I don't want to know how many bottles I truly have...

For those of you who are thinking of checking out the Buffalo Trace facility, they've recently changed their rules on number of bottles allowed to purchase.

Per of age Adult:
This past Saturday I had a little time and swung by coming back from Louisville. I didn't see any of the signs stating limits so I asked, Lady pouring samples said limit is 12 bottles in any configuration (only one daily special still). Luckily dodged Special Reserve day (still miffed they swapped out 107), restocked my BT, Blantons, and picked up a couple of the new Travelers. I like SR but living in Ohio I can find it on the regular at MSRP.

- It's been mentioned before but you can only get the daily special every 90 days, but... you could go multiple days in a row as they won't have the same daily special.

Spent the past couple days reading through the thread. Lots of great info in here. @[icon] OMG!!!

Picked up a JD SBBP this week based on the board. Man, never thought I'd ever buy a JD product again. Might crack it tonight.

Like the idea of tracking everything in a spreadsheet.
Then again maybe I don't want to know how many bottles I truly have...
If you love yourself, grab a bottle of the SBBP Rye.

Regarding spreadsheet...I do that. I like keeping track. I don't have a good bar area so all my stuff is stored in cabinets and not easily visible. When guests come over, I can hand them a "menu". Also, It may have been discussed in this thread as well, there is an app called Whiskey Shelf that can be used to track your bottles. Simply scan the barcodes of the bottles and you have your inventory. The app allows you to connect with others to view their collections as well, if desired. I have not done this, but the app is a convenient way to track inventory.

Local distillery posted this yesterday. A lot of people fell for it. There were very excited people and some not to happy.

Hayner Distilling is excited to announce a partnership with the City for the upcoming Eclipse on the Square Celebration on Monday, April 8. Over 2,500 gallons of Hayner’s Path of Totality Bourbon, the official bourbon of the solar eclipse, will fill the downtown fountain and even be available to sample.

Beginning Friday at 5 pm until the eclipse on Monday, downtown visitors can purchase tickets to sample the fountain bourbon at the tent on the south side of the square. “This is the perfect opportunity to sample our new Path of Totality Bourbon. It is only $2.50 to dip your own 1-ounce sample from the fountain. Of course, if you like the sample, we have full bottles for sale at Hayner Distilling and we’ll be open all weekend,” says Greg Taylor, owner of Hayner Distilling.

“As the official bourbon of the eclipse, Hayner’s Path of Totality was the obvious choice to help celebrate the eclipse in downtown. This is our first time filling the fountain with any sort of alcohol. If successful, we hope to use Hayner’s Strawberry Lemonade in the fountain at this years’ Strawberry Festival,” shared a high-ranking City official.

The fountain will undergo extensive cleaning by the Parks Department before the bourbon is added on Friday night. The entire staff of the Parks Department has volunteered to taste as much bourbon as necessary to ensure it is safe for the public.

I know it’s been covered several times, but possibly looking to do some bourbon tours in October

It would be for our anniversary so I’d be looking more for ones have the wife would enjoy (think nice grounds, shops, etc over the “hard hat “ type tours)

Not sure where we will stay yet, likely Louisville or Lexington or somewhere in between (im hoping to work in a day at Keeneland)

Ft. Mill, SC no Buffalo Trace to be had anywhere. Covered up in Blantons but no BT :shrug:

BT is in every market and party store around Metro-Detroit recently for same price. Around 25 bucks.
I will see it well stocked for a week and then it’s gone for like a month, although that’s just my local Kroger so may be more readily available elsewhere

I know it’s been covered several times, but possibly looking to do some bourbon tours in October

It would be for our anniversary so I’d be looking more for ones have the wife would enjoy (think nice grounds, shops, etc over the “hard hat “ type tours)

Not sure where we will stay yet, likely Louisville or Lexington or somewhere in between (im hoping to work in a day at Keeneland)
Makers Mark grounds are beautiful. I really enjoyed 4 Roses tour (more than MM) but not pretty.

I think you’re on the right path to get a jump on it as the tours fill up quickly.

If looking for grounds, I would skip Louisville. Its advantage is a being able to hit a number in relatively short period of time, but they are all in commercial downtown area.

For western Kentucky, Bardstown might be a better base of operations if grounds are what looking for (close to Maker’s Mark). Can also explore “My Old Kentucky Home”.

But Lexington/Frankfort might be on right track.

Makers Mark grounds are beautiful. I really enjoyed 4 Roses tour (more than MM) but not pretty.

I think you’re on the right path to get a jump on it as the tours fill up quickly.

If looking for grounds, I would skip Louisville. Its advantage is a being able to hit a number in relatively short period of time, but they are all in commercial downtown area.

For western Kentucky, Bardstown might be a better base of operations if grounds are what looking for (close to Maker’s Mark). Can also explore “My Old Kentucky Home”.

But Lexington/Frankfort might be on right track.

Thanks. Bardstown could work, good to know I might need to book tours early

Thinking I could drive down Friday to Lexington, hit the horse track and then head to a hotel in bardstown (will also check bed and breakfasts but I hate those or VRBO)

Could then do all day Saturday hitting a few tours and a nice dinner somewhere

Maybe hit a few more on Sunday before heading back (not sure how much tasting I would do with a 6 hr drive ahead of me though). Maybe I can extend it another day

I’ve been to Louisville a ton for work and the derby a few times, so I think we would be ok skipping that portion, especially if it’s more commercialized tours

Anyone seeing Penelope Rio available in your areas? I've seen a few places that have dropped it for ~$100 but haven't been able to snag one yet (always sold out by the time I get there). Supposedly this year's batch is much bigger than 2023 so hopefully I can find one.

Anyone seeing Penelope Rio available in your areas? I've seen a few places that have dropped it for ~$100 but haven't been able to snag one yet (always sold out by the time I get there). Supposedly this year's batch is much bigger than 2023 so hopefully I can find one.

After posting this, I remembered there was a store I'd seen on facebook that had posted about some Rio in the past week - it's about an hour from where I live, but it would be on my drive home today. I went back and found the post, and realized the guy had posted the past two Tuesdays in a row. So I tried to jump the gun a little bit and I swung in this afternoon to see if I could sweet-talk him into one. Turns out the owner was out sick today so no post, and no Rio, but since I was there I browsed around and found a 1792 Single Barrel that I picked up as consolation prize. Now I just need the Sweet Wheat and the 12 year to complete the set.

Ohio's Spring Bottle Lottery is up. Some very pricey bottles.
  • Heaven Hill Heritage Collection 2nd Edition (750 ML) - $289.99
  • King of Kentucky (750 ML) - $299.99
  • Michter's 25 Year Kentucky Straight Bourbon (750 ML) - $1499.99
  • Michter's Single Barrel 20 (750 ML) - $1149.99
  • Mister Sam Tribute Whiskey (750 ML) - $299.99
  • Old Fitzgerald Bottled In Bond 10 Yr Decanter (750 ML) - $139.98
  • Old Fitzgerald 19 Yr Bottled In Bond Decanter (750 ML) - $239.97
  • Old Forester Birthday Bourbon (750 ML) - $179.98
  • Parker's Heritage Colleciton 17th Ed 10 Yr Rye (750 ML) - $184.98
  • The Last Drop Signature Blend By Drew Mayville (700 ML) - $4000
  • Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13 Year (750 ML) - $170

How does Ohio run their lottery? Is it location based? Are all of these available at each location, if so? Any idea what the quantities of each are?

How does Ohio run their lottery? Is it location based? Are all of these available at each location, if so? Any idea what the quantities of each are?
Anyone with an Ohio ID can enter. You win the option to purchase the bottle. You can select the state store you want to pick up the bottle. No idea on quantity.

Anyone with an Ohio ID can enter. You win the option to purchase the bottle. You can select the state store you want to pick up the bottle. No idea on quantity.
So you enter which bottle(s) you're interested in, and it's a separate drawing for each bottle? Or you can choose which bottle you want if you're drawn?

Sorry, just curious how other states do it. Participated in my first bourbon lottery this past weekend in MS (not a state-controlled state, this was just one store doing an annual lottery for allocated bottles.) Nothing nearly as good as what's in your list above though

So you enter which bottle(s) you're interested in, and it's a separate drawing for each bottle? Or you can choose which bottle you want if you're drawn?

Sorry, just curious how other states do it. Participated in my first bourbon lottery this past weekend in MS (not a state-controlled state, this was just one store doing an annual lottery for allocated bottles.) Nothing nearly as good as what's in your list above though
separate drawing for each bottle but you are removed from the pool once you “win” the right to buy a bottle. You can only choose which ones to be considered for before the drawing. No choice after.

I've entered for all the under $300 bottles other than Mister Sam...generally not a fan of Canadian whisky and this is a blend including Canadian from what what I understand). The problem is that I have never tried any of these other than Birthday Bourbon. I want to try several of them, but you just don't find these laying around to taste in my neck of the woods. I would hate to drop 2-3 bills on a bottle and end up not liking it. I know I like Birthday Bourbon, so I can hope for that. But, who am I kidding. It's a lottery. I'm not winning sh!t. I was definitely more interested in the lottery last fall, but shockingly, I lost.

Busy week collecting more store barrel picks down here in MS over the last week.

Went to the annual Bourbon Block Party lottery last Saturday. This store saves all their allocated bottles all year long and then has a big lottery the first Saturday of April. Free entry, one ticket per person per drawing, and you can re-enter each drawing even if you win. Five total drawings, each drawing has 200 bottles. Anyway, I had horrible luck with the lottery - 1000 numbers drawn in total and I got #188 in the 4th drawing.

1. #188 landed me the very last bottle of Crittenden's MS Toasted Pecan. Crittenden's is a local distillery in Kiln, MS that makes some really REALLY good juice. Distribution is just now starting to branch out into neighboring states, but this was made for the Mississippi Sippers Bourbon Club specifically for this event. It was a single barrel project, they took their normal BiB bourbon and put it in a sherry cask with pecan staves added to it for (I think) 2 or 3 months. Bottle says it's 5 yr old. Cracked it open for the first time last night and WOW this is my new favorite bottle on my bar.

2. Also at this event I was able to grab a Crittenden's Stogie Batch store pick, another one made for the Mississippi Sippers that is 5 yr old - a blend of bourbon in armagnac, cognac, and port barrels but then finished in anejo tequila barrels. I've always been leery of cigar batches (and I don't smoke cigars) because usually they're high $ and the outlandish finishes aren't my thing, but they were passing out tastings at this event so got to sample before buying, and its mighty tasty.

3. Also at the event I tasted and then picked up a Dettling Single Barrel Cask Strength store pick. 6 yr old, with a distinct chocolate note. Really good stuff, and don't see much Dettling around - small distillery in AL that doesn't distribute much around here.

4. Traveled to my dad's Tuesday evening after work to go spend a day with him, stopped at a new store along the way that I'd heard about but never been to. Really wanted to pick up their Four Roses Single Barrel OBSO pick (trying to find all the recipes in Barrel Strength) but they had it priced ridiculously at $175 so I settled on a 1792 Bottled in Bond store pick (needed a backup BiB) for $45.

5. On the same trip I hit another new store where I'd heard on facebook that recently people had been able to land Penelope Rio. Of course I missed out on that, but I grabbed a Blue Note Unfiltered/Uncut store pick of theirs. Only ever see "regular" blue note, or the Crossroads version where I live so happy to stumble on one of those.

6. Last store on my way home last night and chatted with the shop owner and ended up sampling and buying a Starlight Single Barrel finished in VDN barrels. I'd heard this is one of the closest bottles to Penelope Valencia (like the Rio, it's a ghost). Its good, not overwhelmingly awesome but the shop owner was super nice, let me sample a couple things, and told me she'd take my name and number and give me a call whenever some Rio came in so I bought the Starlight hoping she wasn't just BSing me...and if she was then oh well, I still got a decent whiskey out of it...

Per of age Adult:

Regarding spreadsheet...I do that. I like keeping track. I don't have a good bar area so all my stuff is stored in cabinets and not easily visible. When guests come over, I can hand them a "menu". Also, It may have been discussed in this thread as well, there is an app called Whiskey Shelf that can be used to track your bottles. Simply scan the barcodes of the bottles and you have your inventory. The app allows you to connect with others to view their collections as well, if desired. I have not done this, but the app is a convenient way to track inventory.
I took your advice a few weeks ago while hunting and grabbed the Rye (again shaking my head that I picked up a bottle of JD- long story TLDR version got WAAAYY too far gone a long time ago to the point that to this day a sniff of the OG makes me nauseous.) Cracked the Rye open this past weekend. Some excellent stuff.

Have Easter with wife's side this weekend at the house so might crack the SBBP and compare the two.

Per of age Adult:

I took your advice a few weeks ago while hunting and grabbed the Rye (again shaking my head that I picked up a bottle of JD- long story TLDR version got WAAAYY too far gone a long time ago to the point that to this day a sniff of the OG makes me nauseous.) Cracked the Rye open this past weekend. Some excellent stuff.

Have Easter with wife's side this weekend at the house so might crack the SBBP and compare the two.

I won’t pay what I’d have to get the special release stuff but their BP bourbon and rye will always be on my shelf.

It's been a bit since my last review, been enjoying my current rotation of known favorites. Today, I got to bring home something local: Fordham Lee, located in Middletown, MD. They sell more liqueurs (5) than bourbons (2), and this is their high-rye bourbon.

First thoughts: One of the benefits of going to craft/vendor fairs is that local distilleries like to show up there. I found my first Maryland whiskey at one such fair, and then my first Maryland rye. Thought both were overpriced but it turns out my wife doesn't get as upset when I 'support local businesses', so dropping $50 on a bottle like that doesn't bother her. We were at a 'festival' a couple years ago but arrived late on the last day, so the Fordham Lee tent was already packed up. Forward to last night: my wife tells me about a craft fair not overly far from us, and I immediately envisioned at least one distillery would be there, and with it a chance to stock up on the sly. Sure enough, the very first distillery in Maryland that I had tried was there, and so was Fordham Lee. My palate has grown away from the former, though my wife bought one of their liqueurs, so after having a sample--just to confirm I wasn't as keen on them as I used to be, I tried and picked up a bottle of the Fordham Lee's 86 proof high-rye (36%) expression, aged 5+ years in charred new oak barrels.

**Bonus points for not having a screw-on top, but not as many as they could get as it's a synthetic cork.

First sniff: I can smell the rye influence, reminds me of Wild Turkey and Old Forester, and a little sweet, more caramel than brown sugar.

First sip: Watered-down Wild Turkey and Old Forester. The rye makes its presence known in a pleasant way.

Second sip: Unsweetened tea, though that's not a bad taste to me.

Knee-jerk thoughts: I misread the label at the fair, because I thought it was 90 proof instead of 86. That said, this is the best tasting 86 proof bourbon I've had. I like it, and my only knock on it is that I wish it were higher proof. I believe they've been at it for 10 years now, yet just have two 'basic' bourbons, at ~$50 each. Makes me think that barrel proof or bottled-in-bond would be prohibitive in cost; hopefully they'll find a way to drop the basic price a little and up the proof.

:hophead:

Stopped into a store today that I frequent maybe every other month - they get excellent store picks so I always like to see whats new. Was debating a new 1792 Full Proof pick vs. Old Forester Barrel Strength pick, until I noticed about 5 cases of JDSBBP sitting there with a $53 price tag on them 🤯

$12 under MSRP, yes please! Now if I could ever find the dang rye version of it...

Stopped into a store today that I frequent maybe every other month - they get excellent store picks so I always like to see whats new. Was debating a new 1792 Full Proof pick vs. Old Forester Barrel Strength pick, until I noticed about 5 cases of JDSBBP sitting there with a $53 price tag on them 🤯

$12 under MSRP, yes please! Now if I could ever find the dang rye version of it...
Even though I still have my aversion to Jack, that's well bought. As for the rye, my local Total Wine usually has the 375L size for $37.95 and based on recommendations here, it's on my list, though still down the road, moreso considering my purchase last weekend.

In other news, I'm making a 'special' purchase tonight for tomorrow. We're going to my son's alma mater for their last home baseball games due to the school closing for good at the end of the semester. The song American Pie came to mind, specifically the line about drinking whiskey and rye, so I'm going to bring my unopened Sagamore Double Oak as well as Jameson Black Barrel (black = mourning the death of the program and school).

I would have bought all 3 bottles :lol:

I do like the JDSBBP Rye better than the bourbon which is strange as I usually like bourbons more than ryes, but that one is fantastic! I know you are looking for a bottle, but have you gotten to try the rye yet?

Even though I still have my aversion to Jack,
That's a shame, because they are doing some fantastic things these days. I want a bottle of the JD 12 so bad...been waiting for it to drop in Ohio. Looks like tomorrow is the day for my local shops, but I won't be available to go stand in line for it so I guess I will miss out and hope to catch it down the road.

That's a shame, because they are doing some fantastic things these days. I want a bottle of the JD 12 so bad...been waiting for it to drop in Ohio. Looks like tomorrow is the day for my local shops, but I won't be available to go stand in line for it so I guess I will miss out and hope to catch it down the road.
Memories of waking up with chunks of vomit in my hair is a powerful deterrent. Just saying...

As for tomorrow, as I was about to grab the Jameson, I hesitated and kept looking, until I found something more 'appropriate'--Cooperstown Select Whiskey. 100% barley, 103 proof, 2 years in new oak, then 6 months in ex-sherry casks. Look for my review in a day or two.

Memories of waking up with chunks of vomit in my hair is a powerful deterrent. Just saying...

As for tomorrow, as I was about to grab the Jameson, I hesitated and kept looking, until I found something more 'appropriate'--Cooperstown Select Whiskey. 100% barley, 103 proof, 2 years in new oak, then 6 months in ex-sherry casks. Look for my review in a day or two.

#7 is garbage - it’s nothing like it. Definitely pick it up and @Galileo is right the rye is better than the bourbon and the bourbon is great.

Local Total Wine had the Bulleit Rye 12 year for $68. Think MSRP is $55. I expect to see it everywhere so I waited and then my buddy told me to wait longer as he may give it to my for my upcoming birthday.

I’ve also thought the regular Bulleit rye was one of the better deals out there. I’d insta-buy a couple of bottles if he didn’t ask me to wait.

Some other recent pickups:
  • Rare Breed
  • Old Grand Dad 114
Two of my favorite regulars in the bar.

Non-whiskey category:
The regular Amaro Nonino is one of my favorite bottles in my entire bar. Never had this and almost never see it - TW had one sitting out for MSRP so grabbed it. Waiting for my birthday to crack it.

Users who are viewing this thread