What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Siler (1 Viewer)

bweiser

Footballguy
Tell me about this guy. Two excellent games back-to-back after posting a ZERO in the first game. Looks like he might not have played that game.

Is he a legit candidate to keep these numbers up? Six tackles and an INT, five tackles and a sack for a safety? Is he going to be a decent tackler and big-play guy or was it just matchups?

Tell me about this guy. Two excellent games back-to-back after posting a ZERO in the first game. Looks like he might not have played that game. Is he a legit candidate to keep these numbers up? Six tackles and an INT, five tackles and a sack for a safety? Is he going to be a decent tackler and big-play guy or was it just matchups?
He was filling in for Cooper who was injured for weeks 2+3. Early reports point to Cooper returning this week.

tomthumb333 said:
bweiser said:
Tell me about this guy. Two excellent games back-to-back after posting a ZERO in the first game. Looks like he might not have played that game. Is he a legit candidate to keep these numbers up? Six tackles and an INT, five tackles and a sack for a safety? Is he going to be a decent tackler and big-play guy or was it just matchups?
He was filling in for Cooper who was injured for weeks 2+3. Early reports point to Cooper returning this week.
OK. Thanks. I know Cooper has put up good numbers over years past. Must be a product of the position.

Since Cooper is expected to return this week does that send Siler back to the bench or does he move outside to fill in for Merriman? What happens to Siler?

Rotoworld speculates that Cooper might return to a part-time role, with Siler retaining his full-time role.

This is what Chargers.com has to say:

COOPER BACK: Inside linebacker Stephen Cooper expects to play this week after missing two games with a knee injury.

Cooper, who got hurt against Kansas City in Week 1, has led the Chargers in tackles for three consecutive seasons.

“I’m feeling good. I’m ready to go. I practiced today, went fast, and I’m feeling great,” Cooper said.
The San Diego Tribune:
Merriman, Stuckey, Vasquez listed as doubtful. They will not play ... Dielman and Siler "probable." They will play -- ka
I'm guessing Siler plays part time.I don't know if there will be any movement with Merriman's injury because he normally plays OLB, and Cooper and Siler are ILBs. I would imagine that's a different skill set.

ETA:

From the San Diego Tribune, it looks as though Lang will get Merriman's snaps:

RT @PaulKehler: Do you think Lang will get some good playtime this week with Merriman and English out? > Yes -- ka

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we expect the same type of numbers this week or is he going to drop drastically now that Cooper is back?

Users who are viewing this thread