What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking down what’s left after the Big 4 RB’s in RD 1 (2 Viewers)

Sometimes seeing Barkley or Kamara go at 5.
Agreed. I'm seeing that as well. I thought you had a clear top 5 RBs and was wondering who you had locked into the 5th RB slot. I keep waivering but am convinced I'll take Gordon at 1.7 if he's there for me. But if Kamara is still there at 1.7, it's a harder choice though I'm not totally sold on a repeat of 2017 for Kamara.

I agree with pretty much everything that is being said here....at the end of the day, when it's your turn and you feel that you have similar value between 2 or 3 players, then personal preference goes to play.

The only comment that really surprises me is the guy who said he's ok getting Fournette or Gordon at #16. Not sure what league you are playing in but I really doubt you get these two still on the board at #16. That would be really surprising to me. I have the 10th pick in a 12 team league and I'm pretty sure I won't get one of these two when it comes back to me in the second round.

Well the more I have thought about it, the more I have convinced myself I am going RB over Brown at 5. 

If I take Brown at 5, I am almost locked in to taking a RB in round 2. Who that RB will be? Anyone's guess. Mixon? McKinnon?

If I go RB, it frees me up to take best player available in round 2. I can grab a 2nd RB. I can grab AJ, Adams, Evans or Hilton. I can grab Gronk maybe. 

Now the question becomes WHICH RB? Really leaning Barkley. I want the upside.
In a 12-team standard scoring snake draft, 2.08 would likely be some combination of Jordan Howard, Devonta Freeman, CMC, or Joe Mixon.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with pretty much everything that is being said here....at the end of the day, when it's your turn and you feel that you have similar value between 2 or 3 players, then personal preference goes to play.

The only comment that really surprises me is the guy who said he's ok getting Fournette or Gordon at #16. Not sure what league you are playing in but I really doubt you get these two still on the board at #16. That would be really surprising to me. I have the 10th pick in a 12 team league and I'm pretty sure I won't get one of these two when it comes back to me in the second round.
You are right 

Had him in a couple big spots last year and watched every game he played..  Kamara will get a lot more usage this year and should catch about 100 balls..

I like McCaffrey, but I'm not buying the top 5 hype. I think he might improve a spot or two, but I don't see the volume increase. Can his body take the wear and tear? I rather take a proven player at the price.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him, but not at a first round price or $40 in auctions (he used to be around $33). 

Well Sharks with the news from Dallas about Travis Frederick and his rare disease and Zach Martin banged up are we sure Elliot belongs in the "Big 4" especially in ppr ? Shouldn't he be in the next tier with Barkley and Kamara? Tell me your thoughts

let us know what you did.   I did the Gordon, Julio with the 10 pick(12 team PPR) & just felt I had more options from then on out.
Ok

Start qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, team k def

Brees, Winston

Gordon, Howard, Miller, burkhead, Clement

Obj, Fitz, Sanders, Crowder

Olsen, Rudolph

Pitt k

Pats def

Highly doubtful. I'm pick 12 and going rb/rb all day. If there is someone like me in your draft you won't get two of those tier rbs. Just have a back up plan.

Also I'm in standard scoring. If all the good rbs are gone after my first pick I'm leaning CMC over Freeman as my second pick.
Sitting at the turn too in a league where a couple 1st rounders are out as keepers so I’m really more like 14/15. You definitely think RB/RB or if an elite WR is there do you consider it?

Robo35 said:
Well Sharks with the news from Dallas about Travis Frederick and his rare disease and Zach Martin banged up are we sure Elliot belongs in the "Big 4" especially in ppr ? Shouldn't he be in the next tier with Barkley and Kamara? Tell me your thoughts
I agree, Robo. 

I've dropped Elliott to 5 behind Kamara.   

Sitting at the turn too in a league where a couple 1st rounders are out as keepers so I’m really more like 14/15. You definitely think RB/RB or if an elite WR is there do you consider it?
this will be influenced by a lot of factors you didnt mention in your post, but regardless it seems like a very bad decision to decide ahead of time to go RB/RB.  i mean if the 1st round is real RB heavy before it gets to you are you really going to start like howard/mixon???

picked 12th last night.  best ball .5 ppr.  went cmc/gronk.  feels bad man.

hope all you guys get top 8 picks lol.

I don’t see how Fournette isn’t in that “Top 4” He IS going to be top 5 in the future, not a question in dynasty. Don’t forget his style and prospects coming into the league. Straight animal. 

The Jags defense is the best in the league, and imo Fournette is overlooked in dynasty. I’m happy to see you have him at 5!

this will be influenced by a lot of factors you didnt mention in your post, but regardless it seems like a very bad decision to decide ahead of time to go RB/RB.  i mean if the 1st round is real RB heavy before it gets to you are you really going to start like howard/mixon???
Non ppr m Thomas keeper 

Kamari has the talent but after week 4, his volume will be greatly reduced.   5 seems early.    
I don't understand your reasoning...  His usage went up and up with every week last year including taking over goal line work with Ingram in the lineup.  Now Ingram is out for 4 weeks and all of a sudden you think he is going to take more work away from Kamara then what he got last year???  Not sure you have thought this through very well.

Kamara is awesome but there is no way he duplicates that efficiency again this year

That said he's still a first round pick

I don't understand your reasoning...  His usage went up and up with every week last year including taking over goal line work with Ingram in the lineup.  Now Ingram is out for 4 weeks and all of a sudden you think he is going to take more work away from Kamara then what he got last year???  Not sure you have thought this through very well.
Obviously, the volume will be there for Kamara when Ingram is out.  I think I was pretty clear on that.  But, when Ingram returns, I expect him to have plenty of touches.  Ingrams was not slouch last year.  And, I don't expect Kamara to have the same efficiency in 2018 that he had last year.  Kamara is a first round talent but I am not taking him in the first half of round 1.  

If Howard and Mixon are the best rbs at 14/15 just think about what would be there on your next pick..yikes. @GoBirds It would really depend on what wr where there. I would consider a wr/rb but I feel like I can find value at wr more easily through the draft. 

Robo35 said:
With the 3 Pick in a PPR draft , I was firmly targeting Zeke over DJ because he was going to be the entire Dallas offense.... nowwwwww think I am off him.  Martin and Fredrick possibly missing time is a big red flag add in Dak does not look good and no experienced WR or TE to open up. Zeke owners are counting on his workload and great Line play , which may not happen......  only a Ty Smith back injury from being a complete crap-shoot on who plays line.

The big factor I liked Zeke was his match-ups in the money$$ rounds in Week 15 an 16 (Colts / Bucs) when it matters.......... think now I will draft someone else , then try to trade for Zeke when / if he struggles early.  Panthers @ Seattle / Texans / Jags are tough match-ups in 4 of the first 5 weeks.

Highly doubtful. I'm pick 12 and going rb/rb all day. If there is someone like me in your draft you won't get two of those tier rbs. Just have a back up plan.

Also I'm in standard scoring. If all the good rbs are gone after my first pick I'm leaning CMC over Freeman as my second pick.
it happened.  some rookie took Watson in round 1. :lmao:

and some other guy went zero rb and ended up with Ronald jones as his rb1.

good times

it happened.  some rookie took Watson in round 1. :lmao:

and some other guy went zero rb and ended up with Ronald jones as his rb1.

good times
I love that this happens, but in a way it infuriates me because I like to do tons of mocks, and I end up ignoring large groups of players that I know I have no chance at drafting. Then two chuckleheads draft rodgers and Watson early and my draft plan goes to hell when CMC slips to me in the third or something

I love that this happens, but in a way it infuriates me because I like to do tons of mocks, and I end up ignoring large groups of players that I know I have no chance at drafting. Then two chuckleheads draft rodgers and Watson early and my draft plan goes to hell when CMC slips to me in the third or something
Because of these noobs aj green fell into the third round

Users who are viewing this thread