What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bruce Carter Benched (1 Viewer)

Crap. I'm not taking any chance with Sims.. he's burned me too many times in the past.

Now I gotta choose between Bartu vs. NYJ, Maualuga vs. NE, Paysinger vs. PHI, or Ahmad Brooks vs HOU... who to go with?

I would say Paysinger, he seems to be playing almost 100% of snaps every week. Brooks was huge last week against a crap team and line, and the fact that Willis was out, he would be my second choice.

I just heard Bruce Carter has been benched. I guess Ernie Simms is now the starter. Anyone know if he will play all 3 downs?

Thanks.
Don't think anyone knows but I would speculate yes Sims will be 3-down at least initially because the main reason Carter is being benched is supposedly due to being burned in coverage.

ETA: Sims had six solos on just 27 snaps against SD. Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Carter droppable in dynasty? It seems he is being benched because he performed poorly in coverage while trying to play through an injury. He has been hurt every season.

I'm looking at this as a "buy" opportunity for Carter. I'm struggling to see how this can be a long-term situation for DAL.

If Simms plays well Carter could be on the bench for a while. I am hoping he still gets a chance since I own him in a few dynasty leagues. I am holding on to him since he has talent and players do turn it around sometimes after playing poorly. Lee in the middle did. It's a new system with injuries to defensive line so give Carter a chance.

I would say Paysinger, he seems to be playing almost 100% of snaps every week. Brooks was huge last week against a crap team and line, and the fact that Willis was out, he would be my second choice.
Hopefully you listened and had a good week. :)
Someone beat me to him on waivers, but thanks for the recommendation! I got clobbered by 80 pts this week anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered who I chose haha.

Looks like Cowboys were trying to teach Carter a lesson.

Just reported.

The Cowboys have restored WLB Bruce Carter to the starting lineup.

He'll be a full-time player, playing both in base and nickel packages

i don't think the eagles offense produced much........ugly game all around
72 defensive snaps against a team that likes to run and cycled through two awful QBs. Their D is designed for Carter to dominate against this exact scenario. If he can't produce against this match up....... "Well, see ya later."

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to move on. Especially with quality LB's getting 3-down status this past week.

COLIN MCCARTHY

PAT ANGERER

JON BOSTIC

JAMES SHARPTON

BRANDON SPIKES

Watching the Cowboys and Vikings. Wow Ernie Sims is awful. It's amazing that Bruce Carter's snaps are effected by one of the worst linebackers in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread