What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BTTF 2017 : Scoobus wins World Series (3 Viewers)

Kraft... said:
Doug B said:
Glad I had a little breathing room -- you're getting fat off of the Dark Knights now ... just as I am finally forced to get Sale & Co. some rest.
Somehow lost game 2 to 67% Strasburg :bag:  
Yikes -- Strasburg started the game at 67% and threw a 122-pitch complete game. Must've been resorting to the Eephus pitch by the end of that.

Yikes -- Strasburg started the game at 67% and threw a 122-pitch complete game. Must've been resorting to the Eephus pitch by the end of that.
and lost two in a row, second one to 54% Wacha, how is that even possible :bag: :bag:  

Boggy now passed me for second in the WC <_<  quite the tumble 

So, apparently gold glove short stops make horrible, 5 passed balls, catchers. 

Whodathunkit?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really cut it close on IP so will be Radatzing two pitchers for the rest of the season.  I checked and none of the games have playoff implications.

Matt Shoemaker is taking one eleven for the team (again)

I really cut it close on IP so will be Radatzing two pitchers for the rest of the season.  I checked and none of the games have playoff implications.

Matt Shoemaker is taking one eleven for the team (again)
I'm going to have Danny Valencia play all 9 positions over the last 10 games or so, including a few games at catcher.  That should be interesting.  Likely to Radatzize RA Dickey for a few games as well. 

Looks like the playoff matchups are unofficially set -- every team that's in has essentially clinched their position:

NL
New Orleans Pelicans at Geneva Bombers**
Java 8 was released on March 18, 2014 at Oso Gallo

AL
Votto Turner Overdrive
at Mind over Motter
Bringers of Rain? at DallasUPSIDERS

** Geneva Bombers can still tie Oso Gallo for best record in the NL, but WIS keeps divisional rivals from playing in the first round, so the NL matchups will be unaffected.

One last chance for RnR to break the .100 winning percentage mark.  :coffee:

Shocked to have gotten 100 wins... gonna be tough with my lack of stud pitching in the playoffs, but it's been a lot more fun a ride than expected. Three years, three playoff births, not too shabby. 

81-80 with 1 to go...........

Samardija was real good for me, sadly he became my ace with the death of aaron sanchez.  my pen was decent enough, offence too.  just too much hammel, moore and kennedy pitching to 6 ERAs.  The SIM is obviously offence heavy, really no reason to draft anything other than pitching early, since all bats out perform.  I had enough innings, but they were awful innings, like having a real life rotation of 5 mike pelfreys.  yeah, he takes the ball and throws 200 innings, but if those innings suck, who really cares?

Favorite BTTF team of mine by far. Team highlights:

• Daniel Murphy was unconscious pretty much all year, while playing out of position at 3B. .421/.489/.758, 41 HR, 145 R, 157 RBI; 35 game hitting streak
  • Justin Smoak with a quiet MVP caliber season. 54 homers (3rd in the league), 130 Runs, 147 RBI, .308 average.
  • Slidin' Billy Hamilton with 106 stolen bases. A nice .311/.369/.403 line at the top of the lineup gave him plenty of chances standing at first base.
  • J.T. Realmuto was the real dealo. .333/.390/.561, 27 HR/115 RBI
  • Mookie Betts ended with almost a 30/30 season. Top 20 in Runs, RBI, SBs. My only regret was I probably batted him too low in the lineup, but didn't want to mess up a good thing.
  • 8 players with double digit homers; 6 players with 19 SBs or more (4 guys with 30 SBs or more). Kinsler with 1 SB away from a 20/20 season.
First season I didn't really have to fight fatigue, for hitters or pitchers. Pitchers especially were well rested, still sucked, but fully rested. 

Favorite BTTF team of mine by far. Team highlights:

• Daniel Murphy was unconscious pretty much all year, while playing out of position at 3B. .421/.489/.758, 41 HR, 145 R, 157 RBI; 35 game hitting streak
  • Justin Smoak with a quiet MVP caliber season. 54 homers (3rd in the league), 130 Runs, 147 RBI, .308 average.
  • Slidin' Billy Hamilton with 106 stolen bases. A nice .311/.369/.403 line at the top of the lineup gave him plenty of chances standing at first base.
  • J.T. Realmuto was the real dealo. .333/.390/.561, 27 HR/115 RBI
  • Mookie Betts ended with almost a 30/30 season. Top 20 in Runs, RBI, SBs. My only regret was I probably batted him too low in the lineup, but didn't want to mess up a good thing.
  • 8 players with double digit homers; 6 players with 19 SBs or more (4 guys with 30 SBs or more). Kinsler with 1 SB away from a 20/20 season.
First season I didn't really have to fight fatigue, for hitters or pitchers. Pitchers especially were well rested, still sucked, but fully rested. 
You had a good team :thumbup:

Looks like the playoff matchups are unofficially set -- every team that's in has essentially clinched their position:

NL
New Orleans Pelicans at Geneva Bombers**
Java 8 was released on March 18, 2014 at Oso Gallo

AL
Votto Turner Overdrive
at Mind over Motter
Bringers of Rain? at DallasUPSIDERS

** Geneva Bombers can still tie Oso Gallo for best record in the NL, but WIS keeps divisional rivals from playing in the first round, so the NL matchups will be unaffected.
Votto Turner Overdrive somehow sweeps Mind over Motter. Bringers of Rain are up 2-1 in the other series.

Doug B said:
GG, scoobus -- Geneva Bombers gets the sweep of the Pelicans to advance to the NLCS.
Thanks Doug, got some big homers from my offense that series. Happy not to have to face Sale again.

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

We did it!

2nd title in baseball, I had a very good team this year.  I'll have a bigger write-up about it when I get some time.  Good series Franco, was a rematch of BTTF 2 I believe.

Also, probably need to start thinking about 2018, looks like we started drafting on February 5th last year.

edit: I'll actually go ahead and start it up like Oso did after he won last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats @scoobus almost an undefeated playoff, that would have been cool :hifive:  
Congrats indeed. Can't believe my team even took a game off of them. We were the 2007 Rockies of this season. And Scoob had Severino, Kershaw, Goldschmidt, Stanton and JD Martinez. How did that happen?

Last game was a 1-hit shutout by Severino.

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

We did it!

2nd title in baseball, I had a very good team this year.  I'll have a bigger write-up about it when I get some time.  Good series Franco, was a rematch of BTTF 2 I believe.
Isn't it kind of unexpected how satisfying these WIS titles actually are? It's a fun league for now money, but it really delivers a top-of-the-world experience for the champ.

Congratulations! Double title, too, since you were also the FanTrax champ.

In other news ...

Patting myself on the back for managing my squad from a 38-43 first half to a 53-28 second half and a wild-card slot. No one was gonna take down the scoobus post-season buzzsaw, though.

Users who are viewing this thread