What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Caddy Williams (1 Viewer)

tkrull

Footballguy
Searched, but couldn't find anything talking about his chances of a full recovery.

What does everyone think about a torn patellar tendon? I've read that it will take at least 6 month before resuming football activities. Anyone have any thoughts on Caddy for '08? Does anyone know of a NFL player thats had this injury and recovered 100%? Obviously Caddy won't ever be confused for an ironman, but will he be a servicable RB next year?

I think he'll be back, but ultimately disappoint.

That's a nasty career threatening injury.

But some people have come back from achilles ruptures so I guess anything is possible.

What does this have to do with Travis Henry? :goodposting:

Regarding Cadillac, it's going to be a long road. Hard to imagine the Bucs keep him on the roster for '08, and he's damaged goods now. The real question is, will anyone give him a shot?

Maybe for league minimum money with incentives, but that's not a guarantee either. I feel bad for Caddy. Also, the CFL was where Robert Edwrads reviatlized his career. Maybe the same will happen to him.

Chances for full recovery as in "can play again"? Pretty good.

Chances for full recovery as in "back to how he was this time last week"? Not so good, according to many. And the general consensus is that he wasn't a great RB to start with, so he can't really afford to lose a step.

I think Gruden will give him a shot at returning if/when he's fully recovered since he really hitched his wagon to the kid when drafting him. That said, I don't think Gruden will want to rely on Caddy given his injury history even before this one.

I see him as a part-time role player as long as he stays in Tampa.

ahman green had the same 2 years ago and he came back pretty fine.

not as good as before but age might be also a factor there

What does this have to do with Travis Henry? :yes: Regarding Cadillac, it's going to be a long road. Hard to imagine the Bucs keep him on the roster for '08, and he's damaged goods now. The real question is, will anyone give him a shot?Maybe for league minimum money with incentives, but that's not a guarantee either. I feel bad for Caddy. Also, the CFL was where Robert Edwrads reviatlized his career. Maybe the same will happen to him.
robert edwards tore every ligament in his knee IIRC and shredded one of em'. Robert's knee injury was about as bad as could be ligament/tendon wise. Cadillac's is not even close and it's not comparable

Chances for full recovery as in "can play again"? Pretty good.Chances for full recovery as in "back to how he was this time last week"? Not so good, according to many. And the general consensus is that he wasn't a great RB to start with, so he can't really afford to lose a step.
people on this board don't care for him too too much. People I know that don't frequent these boards look to when he was a rook and lit it up for 8 games or so. It's entirely possible he is very good and they have a poor scheme or poor blocking or something along those lines. If ya roll with he's not very good, that doesn't explain his rookie year IMO.I doubt he's done. There's way too much progress with people coming back from injuries, more specifically knees. I think we're at a fortunate time where players can come back from almost any knee injury thanks to guys like that Doctor Andrews that's so well known. As someone else said, I think Ahman Green came back from this. I don't know if medically "we" are further along than when he got hurt but it does evolve rather quickly. IMO It's too soon to give up on Caddy for dynasty leagues.I don't think the Bucs will make a move to replace him long term now because by the NFL offseason they should have a much much better idea about his recovery and that's the perfect time to wheel N deal.

Williams will be 26 next year. He still has a good 3-4 years left in him. Given that he had early surgery and he performs his rehabilitation dutifully, he should be back and doing well next year.

Users who are viewing this thread