What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

California in June: Channel Islands, Hearst, Pacific Ocean panoramas (1 Viewer)

SoBeDad

Footballguy
I'm planning to visit my daughters in June and travel from LA to go as far north as Hearst Castle. For a 3-day weekend, the plan is to do a 1-day trip to Santa Cruz Island in the Channel Islands where we could do kayaking in the caves and possibly hiking to Potato Harbor, which looks amazing to us from flat Florida. Then go to Hearst Castle on day 2. Then visit coastal California on the way back to LA, places with nice views like Harmony Headlands, Montana de Oro. We did a 3 day trip from SF to Monterey and Big Sur back in 2021 and saw beautiful bluffs, plus some hiking in Pfeiffer Big Sur, which we enjoyed immensely.

Anyone have experience in the Channel Islands? Can we kayak and hike in one day?

Seems like you are cramming a lot into that time frame. LA to Hearst is quite the trip for an up an back. Hearst Castle is fine but I wouldn't have it on my must do lists for a short trip like that.

We did a long coastal drive last summer and did Solvang and Cambria then Hearst Castle the first few days. If you're going to Hearst Castle, try to visit the elephant seals at San Simeon. Those goofy lugs are fun.

Users who are viewing this thread