What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

California will be out of water in one year (1 Viewer)

You reap what you sow....
Yeah...enjoy your food, the rest of America
:good posting:I don't get "I hope California disappears" guy
California grows ALL of the food for the rest of America? I never knew that.

If only California bordered an ocean they could then get the water from there.
"California is the nations most productive agricultural state, and is home to a $35 billion agricultural industry. Of the ten most productive agricultural counties in the United States, nine are in California, and the San Joaquin Valley is the single richest agricultural region in the world. California produces more than 400 commodities. It is the nations sole producer of a dozen crops, including almonds, artichokes, olives, raisins, and walnuts, and is the leading producer of five dozen more. The state employs 27 percent of the nation's farm workers, and produces nearly half domestically grown fruits, nuts, and vegetables. Almost 22 percent of the nations milk and cream is produced in California, and the state is by far the nations largest producer of dairy products. "
No one has argued against California's unsurpassed ability to produce fruits and nuts. :shrug:

thought you would save money on your water bill Californians?

We can't have any of that:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california/Saving-Water-Rising-Costs-Drought-311680531.html

Waiting to hear about the higher rates to construct more storage facilities :lol:
Yeah, same thing happened around here. People were told to stop watering lawns, all of a sudden massive budget shortfalls and all the water towers filled up and they begged people to water, right after we got a bunch of rain.

It's not a problem with conservation as much as cities shouldn't be using water as a profit center.

thought you would save money on your water bill Californians?

We can't have any of that:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california/Saving-Water-Rising-Costs-Drought-311680531.html

Waiting to hear about the higher rates to construct more storage facilities :lol:
Yeah, same thing happened around here. People were told to stop watering lawns, all of a sudden massive budget shortfalls and all the water towers filled up and they begged people to water, right after we got a bunch of rain.

It's not a problem with conservation as much as cities shouldn't be using water as a profit center.
well. they should if they are essentially arid

On the properties I manage in Bakersfield the city has added a "drought surcharge" to the water bill- based on usage but incremental increases after you reach a certain level.

It wasn't a problem until this month- we had a water leak on the property. The regular amount billed went from a normal $200 per month average to $450 for October. However, the drought surcharge went from an additional $50 per month average to $800 for October, because we went past a certain plateau. And to make matters worse, I'm still looking for the leak- my plumber hasn't found it yet.

On the properties I manage in Bakersfield the city has added a "drought surcharge" to the water bill- based on usage but incremental increases after you reach a certain level.

It wasn't a problem until this month- we had a water leak on the property. The regular amount billed went from a normal $200 per month average to $450 for October. However, the drought surcharge went from an additional $50 per month average to $800 for October, because we went past a certain plateau. And to make matters worse, I'm still looking for the leak- my plumber hasn't found it yet.
What part of town? Commercial or residential?

Commercial. It's on Ming and Stine- retail stores attached to a Home Depot. You know it?

Commercial. It's on Ming and Stine- retail stores attached to a Home Depot. You know it?
Of course. That's the Home Depot I go to.

BTW: That Home Depot used to be a Zody's

Yup. We've been connected to the property all the way back to that. It was also a Builder's Square for a while (K-Mart) and then empty for years.

CA planning on actually, ya know, storing any of this rain water rather than letting it all run off into the ocean?
A lot of rain won't fix the problem. What we need is a lot of snow on the mountains. The snowpack up there is critical water storage. Its a great way to store tons of water for SoCal. The snowpacks are severely low which stresses the rest of the system.

+5000 for the Zody's reference

Used to be a joke back in grade school:

"Yo momma bought your shoes at Zody's and you had to walk out their door like this [hopping because the shoestrings were always tied together]

CA planning on actually, ya know, storing any of this rain water rather than letting it all run off into the ocean?
A lot of rain won't fix the problem. What we need is a lot of snow on the mountains. The snowpack up there is critical water storage. Its a great way to store tons of water for SoCal. The snowpacks are severely low which stresses the rest of the system.
Seems we did get a decent amount in the mountains here today. At least that was good. Doing massive last minute shopping in pouring rain, not good.

Yup. We've been connected to the property all the way back to that. It was also a Builder's Square for a while (K-Mart) and then empty for years.
Did you rent to the wallpaper store in that same strip?

Officer Pete Malloy said:
timschochet said:

Did you rent to the wallpaper store in that same strip?
Wallpapers To Go. Sure, for years.

Been two years. 

Update? 

I guess Trump has added the FFA as one of his sources for news.

Donald J. Trump‏  @realDonaldTrump

Governor Jerry Brown must allow the Free Flow of the vast amounts of water coming from the North and foolishly being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Can be used for fires, farming and everything else. Think of California with plenty of Water - Nice! Fast Federal govt. approvals.

10:43 AM - 6 Aug 2018

Users who are viewing this thread