What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recommended Breweries in South Florida? (1 Viewer)

Godsbrother

Footballguy
I am going to be in South Florida for a couple of days next week. Flying into Ft. Lauderdale, staying in Hollywood, but will be driving down to Miami at least one day to check out South Beach, Little Havana, etc. As some of you know I am a rabid homebrewer and love to visit breweries when I am out of town. so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for breweries in the area?

Allow me to help

Tripping Animals in Doral-Miami
3 Sons in Dania Beach
Copperpoint which is located in Boynton Beach

There's a lot of others around
Funky Buddha bought their name back from Budweiser and are still operating in Ft Lauderdale, still pretty popular, would check that out as well

The Lincoln Road mall is a nice place to walk around and take in the sights near South Beach but I would not eat there. Lot of tourist trap places where people are greeting you as you walk by trying to get you into their restaurant, that should tell you it's not very good.If you go into Little Havana, there are several good places to stop and take in some Cuban food.

"Versaiilles" Famous spot in Miami for Cuban food and I don't know why, it's not that good, I'd take a pass on that.

The Lincoln Road mall is a nice place to walk around and take in the sights near South Beach but I would not eat there. Lot of tourist trap places where people are greeting you as you walk by trying to get you into their restaurant, that should tell you it's not very good.If you go into Little Havana, there are several good places to stop and take in some Cuban food.

"Versaiilles" Famous spot in Miami for Cuban food and I don't know why, it's not that good, I'd take a pass on that.
Where would you recommend I go for cuban food for lunch in Little Havana?

Lsst thing I want to encourage you to do is stick to the fresh fish around here. You will have access to fish and shrimp that came in that day/morning so feast on it while you are here.
We do not do steaks very well, even a good burger is tough to find around here.

I prefer the food spots in Ft Lauderdale over most in Miami.

Where would you recommend I go for cuban food for lunch in Little Havana?
La Camerona as well as El Ray Des Las Fritas come to mind
Sanguich de Miami if you want a hot pressed Cuban

If there's a way to get to Tampa area or central Florida (areas around Orlando) the breweries are significantly better
West Central Florida has perfected the juicy hazy IPA w/citra hops as the lead even when they mix it with other types of hops.
Tampa also has better cuban food, it's true.
I'll take La Terisita over almost anything in South Florida
The Columbia in Ybor City is also high on my list.

If you have limited time in Miami, it seems like driving into Miami for a day, I'd skip Little Havana and spend time in Wynwood and Miami Beach. Traffic is also terrible in Miami, and Wynwood and South Beach are close to each other.

I'm not into breweries but read that the Miami pioneer brewery, Wynwood Brewing Company just merged with Veza Sur, which has good reviews. Wynwood is becoming like Soho. It has lots of nice graffiti art if you're into that. New restaurants and shops all the time.

In South Beach, you can enjoy decent and authentic Cuban food at one the 4 Havana 1957 restaurants on either Lincoln Road, Espanola Way or Ocean Drive. I'd pick Ocean Drive since it's by the beach. If you're into walking, I'd start at the Holocaust Memorial, it's very moving and beautiful at the same time. Right next door is the botanical garden, both are free. Then walk 2 blocks south to Lincoln Road. The eadt about 5 blocks to Washington Ave. Then south about 3 blocks to Espanola Way, which looks like a street in Europe with lots of restaurants. Then walk 2 blocks east to Ocean Drive. The iconic places are the Palace, a drag place, the Clevelander, Versace Mansion (over priced) and Mango's. There are 2 Havana 1957s, the one near Mangos has a show at night.

Next to Ocean Drive is the boardwalk which goes for about 8 miles. Smith and Wolenski on the tip of South Beach overlooks the Port of Miami, a great view they say. You might see cruise ships entering or leaving the world's busiest cruise port.

If you have limited time in Miami, it seems like driving into Miami for a day, I'd skip Little Havana and spend time in Wynwood and Miami Beach. Traffic is also terrible in Miami, and Wynwood and South Beach are close to each other.

I'm not into breweries but read that the Miami pioneer brewery, Wynwood Brewing Company just merged with Veza Sur, which has good reviews. Wynwood is becoming like Soho. It has lots of nice graffiti art if you're into that. New restaurants and shops all the time.

In South Beach, you can enjoy decent and authentic Cuban food at one the 4 Havana 1957 restaurants on either Lincoln Road, Espanola Way or Ocean Drive. I'd pick Ocean Drive since it's by the beach. If you're into walking, I'd start at the Holocaust Memorial, it's very moving and beautiful at the same time. Right next door is the botanical garden, both are free. Then walk 2 blocks south to Lincoln Road. The eadt about 5 blocks to Washington Ave. Then south about 3 blocks to Espanola Way, which looks like a street in Europe with lots of restaurants. Then walk 2 blocks east to Ocean Drive. The iconic places are the Palace, a drag place, the Clevelander, Versace Mansion (over priced) and Mango's. There are 2 Havana 1957s, the one near Mangos has a show at night.

Next to Ocean Drive is the boardwalk which goes for about 8 miles. Smith and Wolenski on the tip of South Beach overlooks the Port of Miami, a great view they say. You might see cruise ships entering or leaving the world's busiest cruise port.
This is great, thanks!

Le Tub in Hollywood has a good burger in a funky place.

https://le-tub.com/
It's good but nothing beats Houston's burger IMHO in terms of consistency down here
Also comes down to preference, I typically prefer an open flame vs deep skillet or flat top burger.

FYI...Flanigans pretty much blows them away from 11-4 everyday...buy any beverage and you can order a 10 oz burger cooked to order and yes they do have fries but the better deal is a fully loaded baked potato to go right beside it and there's no upcharge. It still isn't as good as the $20-$25 burger at Houstons but you would be hard pressed for a better deal anywhere and they have a bunch of these in South Florida

Speaking of boats, the Miami International Boat Show runs today until Saturday. They say the world's largest Boat and Yacht show in the world with over 1,000 boats and 1,000 exhibitors. Its at 6 locations including the MB Convention Center and marinas on the bay south of Wynwood. Traffic could be worse than normal. Plus the Coconut Grove Art festival from Saturday to Monday which will bring up to another 100k people to Miami. We don't need no Super Bowl in Miami.

Now I recall the only local beer I tried in Wynwood. About 10 years ago, I was asked to bring this beer to a birthday party since I live close to Wynwood. I thought it was great but what do i know:

FATHER FRANCISCO

>>Father Francisco is named after the first Jesuit priest that set up a mission at the Miami river in the early 1500s. This golden, light bodied brew has aromatic notes of cloves and other spices along with fruity esters. The candy sugar used in the beer lightens the body and increases the alcohol to create an easy going effervescent ale. Cheers!

Pairing: hazelnut waffles, crab cakes, spicy cajun dishes & triple crème.<<

Speaking of boats, the Miami International Boat Show runs today until Saturday. They say the world's largest Boat and Yacht show in the world with over 1,000 boats and 1,000 exhibitors. Its at 6 locations including the MB Convention Center and marinas on the bay south of Wynwood. Traffic could be worse than normal. Plus the Coconut Grove Art festival from Saturday to Monday which will bring up to another 100k people to Miami. We don't need no Super Bowl in Miami.
Traffic is gonna be a *****!

Traffic is gonna be a *****!
Thanks for the heads up.

Rumor has it that a certain God and MoP met tonight at 3 Son's and it was an honor to meet a man I have always had the upmost respect on this board
I'll let God share what he would like if anything and I will just say he is as nice a gentleman in person as he is on these boards, got to meet Mrs GB as well, amazing couple.
Got to sample a lot of beers but the connection and conversation is one I will remember for a long time.
:towelwave:

Users who are viewing this thread