What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameron Meredith - WR - NE Patriots (1 Viewer)

Bears WRs:

Kevin White

Kendall Wright

Victor Cruz

Markus Wheaton (broken finger)

Josh Bellamy

Deonte Thompson

Tanner Gentry

Daniel Braverman

Titus Davis

One of these guys just went from getting cut to making the team now.

Bears WRs:

Kevin White

Kendall Wright

Victor Cruz

Markus Wheaton (broken finger)

Josh Bellamy

Deonte Thompson

Tanner Gentry

Daniel Braverman

Titus Davis

One of these guys just went from getting cut to making the team now.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears #1 WR isn't even on the team right now...either through trade or through a pick up after camp cuts. I like Kevin White but don't have a lot of faith in him staying healthy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears #1 WR isn't even on the team right now...either through trade or through a pick up after camp cuts. I like Kevin White but don't have a lot of faith in him staying healthy.
Miami trying to trade Landry right now....

What would they have to give up to get Landry though?
What was Cooks? 1st and third? 

Losing team don't make that trade. Gotta build for the future and NOT pretend you'll win the Supe this year. I've been there with 'my" Titans. Won't happen.

I guess you push your hopes onto Cruz and Wheaton.

It was always possible they go to a two TE two WR set anyway so I think that just happens. 

What was Cooks? 1st and third? 

Losing team don't make that trade. Gotta build for the future and NOT pretend you'll win the Supe this year. I've been there with 'my" Titans. Won't happen.

I guess you push your hopes onto Cruz and Wheaton.

It was always possible they go to a two TE two WR set anyway so I think that just happens. 
Ya, Dion and Miller likely get lots of those targets. Landry likely would get a 3rd rounder in return but you're right I dont see the Bears doing that.  They need every pick they can get.

Sure, get Landry. Then after white goes down you can just line up all the receivers in the slot with Landry Cruz Wheaton and wright. 

Cameron Meredith has been diagnosed with a torn ACL, and has "other damage."

Meredith is undergoing tests to determine the extent of his "other damage." Meredith's injury was sickening to watch, so it's sadly unsurprising it's devastating in nature. Like Teddy Bridgewater last year, Meredith will miss the entire season and be questionable for Week 1 2018. The Bears' would-be No. 1 receiver is headed for restricted free agency. He turns 25 next month. In his absence, Kevin White will be forced into the No. 1 receiver role, with Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton and various other questionable talents duking it out for targets.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Aug 28 - 2:46 PM

Not really based on much but I fancy Kendall Wright to perhaps become a bit of a target monster and be the WR that has some value now that Meredith has been wiped out. 

According to ESPN's Field Yates, restricted free agent Cameron Meredith visited the Colts.

The plot thickens. Meredith is a restricted free agent, meaning the Bears can match any offer he receives on the open market. While it's unclear if the Colts made a formal offer to Meredith, the fact that he's exploring other options has to have the Bears at least a little concerned. Meredith sat out all of last season with a torn ACL but led the team with 888 receiving yards during a breakout 2016 campaign. Ultimately, we'd be surprised if the Bears let him walk.

Related: Colts

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Mar 20 - 5:35 PM

Restricted free agent Cameron Meredith will visit the Ravens on Thursday.

They're also hosting RFA Willie Snead. Meredith's had a hotter than expected market after missing all of 2017 to ACL surgery. He would join a three-wide set of Michael Crabtree and John Brown in Baltimore.

Related: Ravens

Source: Baltimore Sun 

Mar 21 - 4:34 PM

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Saints are signing Bears’ restricted free-agent WR Cameron Meredith to an offer sheet, per source. Saints’ WR coach Curtis Johnson is the former Bears’ WR coach, and knows Meredith well.

Its really hard to say yes or no on this without knowing how the Saints offer is structured, but if you can get Meredith for a couple years at a reasonable price, you should. Across from Robinson, or you could move him inside... anything to give Mitch more toys to learn with. Theyve got cap space and arent going to the superbowl this year.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Saints are signing Bears’ restricted free-agent WR Cameron Meredith to an offer sheet, per source. Saints’ WR coach Curtis Johnson is the former Bears’ WR coach, and knows Meredith well.
That is very interesting...since he is restricted I'm real curious to see what the contract looks like...Meredith is intriguing as hell but he is coming off of a major injury...if he were to come back 100% he would be a solid #2 for the Saints...

Saints signed restricted free agent WR Cameron Meredith to a two-year, $9.6 million offer sheet.

The deal includes $5.4 million in guaranteed money. The Bears will now have five days to match the offer or risk losing him. Meredith enjoyed a breakout year with a team-high 888 yards in 2016 before losing all of last season to a torn ACL. The 25-year-old has a connection to Saints WRs coach Curtis Johnson, who previously coached Meredith in Chicago. Meredith would have mouthwatering fantasy appeal with future Hall of Famer Drew Brees throwing to him in New Orleans, though the Bears have plenty of cap room and should be interested in keeping him as a complement to Allen Robinson.

Rumored at 2/$10... a lot for a one year guy coming off an ACL.

Won't be surprised if he's a Saint.
Its really not that much. Depending on how much is up front, 5 million a year is totally reasonable. Brandon LaFell is making 4.5/yr.

The way I look at it- not only would Meredith potentially be a really strong WR2, he's also important insurance. God forbid Robinson goes down, all the sudden your receiving corp looks no better than it did last season, and thats not acceptable.

I will never understand why teams apply the original tender to UDFA guys who have shown they can play. It costs $1m more to ensure no one signs him to an offer sheet by slapping the 2nd round tender on him. 

I will never understand why teams apply the original tender to UDFA guys who have shown they can play. It costs $1m more to ensure no one signs him to an offer sheet by slapping the 2nd round tender on him. 
Because someone else does their dirty work for them.  This contract is peanuts and if he has a good year he'd command twice that as a UFA next year.

Because someone else does their dirty work for them.  This contract is peanuts and if he has a good year he'd command twice that as a UFA next year.
Looking at what Grant was gonna get from Baltimore or what players like Richardson got...if this kid is legit 2 for 10 mil will one of the better values in the league...

Saints signed restricted free agent WR Cameron Meredith to a two-year, $9.6 million offer sheet.
That isn't bad for the Saints. It could be something like this:

1. $2M signing bonus
  2. $2M roster bonus this season
  3. $1.4M salary in 2018
  4. $4.2M salary in 2019
That would give him a cap number of $4.4M in 2018 and $5.2M in 2019, and the Saints could cut him with just $1M in dead cap money in 2019 if it doesn't work out for whatever reason. Meanwhile, he gets paid $5.4M in 2018, solid payday considering he has made just under $1.6M in his 3 year career to date.

I don't know anything about the cap situations for the Saints or Bears, so not sure if there is some reason that won't work for the Saints or that the Bears couldn't match it if they desire.

This, with the recent trade market, gives me just a little bit of hope for Tyrell Williams to get moved after being tendered at a second round level. 
As a Chargers fan, I would love to see another team trade a 2nd round pick for Tyrell. But I don't see it happening, and I think the benefit quickly diminishes if the offer drops to a 3rd or later.

Users who are viewing this thread