What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameron Wake (1 Viewer)

ReadyMan

Footballguy
Any word on Wake?

How long will he be out?

I'm wondering if they'll hold him out till the bye....

Last edited by a moderator:
So what exactly is going on here ?

He has done nothing since the injury, yesterday he played just 22 snaps even if he had 2 weeks to rest & prepare for the game.

Is he gonna be hobbled all season long by his knee ??

I just read that he is finally 100% and they expect his snap count to at least double this week. It sounds like they are just bringing him along slowly, trying to get him back into game shape.

I just read that he is finally 100% and they expect his snap count to at least double this week. It sounds like they are just bringing him along slowly, trying to get him back into game shape.
He went from 22 to 34 snaps (68 Miami total) but still hasn't done a jack since week 1, at this point one of the biggest BUST of the season.

He went from 22 to 34 snaps (68 Miami total) but still hasn't done a jack since week 1, at this point one of the biggest BUST of the season.
Hopefully it's a good sign that his snaps went up. I only saw a few plays this week, but made a point to watch him. He looked a little better than last week, but is far from his normal self. I wish they would've shut him down for 2 or 3 weeks immediately, to allow him to get healthy. I think he's a hold or buy low in big play leagues, just based on potential. He has a good playoff schedule with the Steelers, Patriots, and Bills.

(4:31) (Shotgun) A.Dalton sacked at CIN 26 for -9 yards (C.Wake). FUMBLES (C.Wake), RECOVERED by MIA-C.Wake at CIN 25. C.Wake to CIN 25 for no gain (An.Smith).
That would have been good enough for me had I started him in the 2 leagues i didn't. Oh well. Good to see he is able to do it.

He now has 5.5 sacks and a safety against me this year. The guy I am playing has a terrible team but the two weeks I play him his guys go nuts. Wake was just the start of his luck this week.

He's on the WW in my competitive money league, and with Yahoo! I can pick him up today. BUT, to do so, I'd either drop Bruce Irvin, who I'm high on, and take the zero for this week, or drop a bench WR, either Sills or McCluster, both of whom I'm high on (and I have Dez Bryant still to pass thru his Bye). But a part of me is so frustrated by the DL position I'd like to just set a guy there who is past his bye (Irvin isn't) and forget about him. But I'm worried I'd lose this week and/or give a competitor Irvin, and this would cost me in the end (very competitive league). So, I'll probably pass on him,unless there are strong feelings about him in a system that rewards solo tackles.

Cameron Wake was on F/A in my league, with my DE starters Quinn and Mario Williams Bye-Weeks WK11-12, probably the best possible backup at DE at this point. Wake's a beast!

After last weeks poor snap counts, I dropped him.

ugh. Now I'll have to fight the WW to try and get him.

How many snaps did he play?

He's on the WW in my competitive money league, and with Yahoo! I can pick him up today. BUT, to do so, I'd either drop Bruce Irvin, who

I'm high on, and take the zero for this week, or drop a bench WR, either Sills or McCluster, both

of whom I'm high on (and I have Dez Bryant still

to pass thru his Bye). But a part of me is so

frustrated by the DL position I'd like to just set a

guy there who is past his bye (Irvin isn't) and

forget about him. But I'm worried I'd lose this

week and/or give a competitor Irvin, and this

would cost me in the end (very competitive

league). So, I'll probably pass on him,unless

there are strong feelings about him in a system

that rewards solo tackles.
Drop McCluster. WRs emerge all the time. DE's that are capable of big numbers are very hard to find.

He's on the WW in my competitive money league, and with Yahoo! I can pick him up today. BUT, to do so, I'd either drop Bruce Irvin, who

I'm high on, and take the zero for this week, or drop a bench WR, either Sills or McCluster, both

of whom I'm high on (and I have Dez Bryant still

to pass thru his Bye). But a part of me is so

frustrated by the DL position I'd like to just set a

guy there who is past his bye (Irvin isn't) and

forget about him. But I'm worried I'd lose this

week and/or give a competitor Irvin, and this

would cost me in the end (very competitive

league). So, I'll probably pass on him,unless

there are strong feelings about him in a system

that rewards solo tackles.
Drop McCluster. WRs emerge all the time. DE's that are capable of big numbers are very hard to find.
Done. Thanks for taking the time to read thru.

Users who are viewing this thread