What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can anyone explain this to me? (1 Viewer)

I'll try to PM as many of you as possible.

I DO NOT have any answers and I take no responsibility for any nightmares that may occur.

ETA: PM's send to Chet, Fullback Fro, Buckychudd, Bobby Boucher, Dr. Watson, SShermann, TannerBoyle and Jayrok

Last edited by a moderator:
PM please along with any explanation of what you think it all means, if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is an explanation, people.
I've emailed the photos out to a few buddies asking if anyone knows who/what this is. I bet if everyone here sends out a similar emails that it will circulate through the entire innerwebs and find it's way back to you.

OK, I think I got it:

It's the story of Joe Bryant. After failing to fit in with the crowd (and years of rejection from women), Joe enters a life of seclusion and becomes a double threat by building a pleasure boat and internet empire.

HER PLACEArtwork Courtesy of Charlie White

The Pitch: E.T. Leaving Las Vegas. This portrait of post-coital depression is seen through the eyes of Joshua, a creature White presents as proxy for a real man.

Development: White worked on the image for about a month, with a production crew of three and a budget of around $5000.

Preproduction: Joshua, a 5'2" movable figure, was designed with help from White's childhood friend and creature designer Jordu Schell. White turned to Central Casting to hire a petite actress and used a location scouting agency to find a home with a large bathroom. He also specified tile, as he wanted it to look like the bathroom in his childhood home.

Production: White shot the scene in one day. He kept the camera angle and Joshua's position the same and moved the actress to various spots in the room.

Postproduction: This photograph was printed from a single piece of film, and only minor details were altered (Joshua's feet were made to rest flat against the floor, for example). The lack of overt digital alteration makes the photo read "like a snapshot," says White, providing the viewer with an intimate glimpse into Joshua's troubled psyche.

Who is Joshua? A life-size, puppet-like character created by artist Charlie White and the poster boy for all men who've ever suffered rejection and low self-esteem. EGG takes a look at White's photographs of Joshua in the suburban hell he inhabits, and with the artist's help, attempts to understand what it means to be an American male.

What the hell is going on in “Getting Lindsay Linton”?

Revenge. This is an image about rage, hatred, and the discomfort of experiencing those emotions. In “Understanding Joshua” the world is, among other things, divided between blondes and brunettes. The brunettes exist (in the mind of Joshua) on a similar plain as he does, while the blondes inhabit a superior world of cleanliness, beauty, and organization. “Getting Lindsay Linton” illustrates a violent outburst against a blonde, maybe for Joshua’s entertainment, maybe his torture--it is unclear as they hold him and force him to watch. I feel that the image “Fantasy” helps further explain Joshua’s position on such acts against those he perceives as socially superior--at least his repressed urges. “Getting Lindsay Linton” is important because it helps to destabilize reading the events and actions within the image as literal, that is to say, Lindsay does not have milk on her face, and this gang of young men is not just holding her.

http://www.nyfa.org/level4.asp?id=147&...=51&tid=167
:shrug: She doesn't look blonde to me.

Users who are viewing this thread