What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I get a roster of (1 Viewer)

Billy Ball Thorton

Footballguy
As I see there are only a few of us, please check in here for my official list. I want to see the list now and then later after we shock the nation, next year.

Sorry. I wasn't a fan of that team when they were here in St. Louis. Bad ownership breeds a bad organization. The Cardinals will be respectable one day. But they won't be until Bidwell is dead or he sells the team.....

This thread is reserved for ARIZONA CARDINAL FANS.

Take the baseball hijack out of here.

You need to RESPECT the Cardinals of Arizona.
ARE there even any Cardinals in Arizona? They should name them after a local bird, like the Yellow Rumped Warbler or something.

ARE there even any Cardinals in Arizona? They should name them after a local bird, like the Yellow Rumped Warbler or something.
I agree, this would keep in-line with the NFLs tradition of keeping mascots as creatures indigenous to the region (ie: the Cincinnati Bengal, the Detroit Lion, and the Chicago Bear).

:lmao: Calling all TRUE WARBLER FANS!!! REPORT HERE!!!!

I agree, this would keep in-line with the NFLs tradition of keeping mascots as creatures indigenous to the region (ie: the Cincinnati Bengal, the Detroit Lion, and the Chicago Bear).
Key difference: Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit imported the names because they are fierce animals. The Cardinal is, well, red.

Key difference: Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit imported the names because they are fierce animals. The Cardinal is, well, red.
A Cardinal killed one of my old classmate's chinchillas once.

Is a bird that killed this supposed to impress me, guy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Is a bird that killed this supposed to impress me, guy?
That's the one!!!

Chinchillas are BAD. People don't ralize how dangerous thay are.I am impressed with this story. Cardinals can fly and they are Red. Thats a bad combo.

Chinchillas are BAD. People don't ralize how dangerous thay are.

I am impressed with this story. Cardinals can fly and they are Red. Thats a bad combo.
Perhaps if you renamed the team Flying Red Chinchilla-Killers . . .

I'm a Cards fan. Moved to Phoenix from Ohio back in 97. I used to be a Browns fan, but the team was in limbo when I moved out.Why am I a Cards fan? My wife always kids me about it. Every season my optimism rises from the draft through training camp. Then the air is let out of my tires as they prove in the first regular season game to be the "same old Cardinals". Why Cards fan choose to root for the Cards is a frequent topic on the ASFN Board (a Cardinals board). See my signature below.And yes, there are Cardinals in Arizona. (Though obviously that didn't provoke the name.)

I'm a Cards fan. Moved to Phoenix from Ohio back in 97. I used to be a Browns fan, but the team was in limbo when I moved out.

Why am I a Cards fan? My wife always kids me about it. Every season my optimism rises from the draft through training camp. Then the air is let out of my tires as they prove in the first regular season game to be the "same old Cardinals".

Why Cards fan choose to root for the Cards is a frequent topic on the ASFN Board (a Cardinals board). See my signature below.

And yes, there are Cardinals in Arizona. (Though obviously that didn't provoke the name.)
I think the story was that Great Grandfather Bidwill got a deal on some football gear which happened to be Red. He then said, "that's Cardinal Red", and the name stuck.

I'm a Cards fan. Moved to Phoenix from Ohio back in 97. I used to be a Browns fan, but the team was in limbo when I moved out.

Why am I a Cards fan? My wife always kids me about it. Every season my optimism rises from the draft through training camp. Then the air is let out of my tires as they prove in the first regular season game to be the "same old Cardinals".

Why Cards fan choose to root for the Cards is a frequent topic on the ASFN Board (a Cardinals board). See my signature below.

And yes, there are Cardinals in Arizona. (Though obviously that didn't provoke the name.)
I think the story was that Great Grandfather Bidwill got a deal on some football gear which happened to be Red. He then said, "that's Cardinal Red", and the name stuck.
Close. According to Wiki, this is the history of the team's name:
The Cardinals are the oldest existing professional American football club in the United States. The team was formed in 1898 as the Morgan Athletic Club in Chicago, Illinois. The club was then called the Racine Normals since they were originally located on Racine Avenue but moved to Chicago's Normal Field. They then changed their name to the Racine Cardinals after they started wearing cardinal red uniforms.

Close. According to Wiki, this is the history of the team's name:
The Cardinals are the oldest existing professional American football club in the United States. The team was formed in 1898 as the Morgan Athletic Club in Chicago, Illinois. The club was then called the Racine Normals since they were originally located on Racine Avenue but moved to Chicago's Normal Field. They then changed their name to the Racine Cardinals after they started wearing cardinal red uniforms.
According to the way I heard the story the deal he got was because the football gear was used. It was originally a much darker color but was so old that it had faded to "Cardinal Red". This fits in with the Bidwell reputation of being tightwads.

I think a name change would be a good business idea for this franchise. They need an image adjustment, and I know getting a new owner would be the best way to do that, but changing the look and name of the team would be a good start. How about the Arizona Scorpions? They are both indigenous and fierce.

I am impressed with this story. Cardinals can fly and they are Red. Thats a bad combo.
You could be onto somthing.On a side note I live in Oregon and truely believe I am the only Card supporter in the state. I cant wait until the Cards finally when the big game but I cant bear the thought of seeing cars up here with the Cards bumper sticker and so on after they win it all. I truely will be sick to my stomach when this happens.

You could be onto somthing.On a side note I live in Oregon and truely believe I am the only Card supporter in the state. I cant wait until the Cards finally when the big game but I cant bear the thought of seeing cars up here with the Cards bumper sticker and so on after they win it all. I truely will be sick to my stomach when this happens.
Wow, in OR you're surrounded by teams with Beavers and Ducks as their mascots, so they must think you're bad ###!

Wow, in OR you're surrounded by teams with Beavers and Ducks as their mascots, so they must think you're bad ###!
The Duck and the Bear make a mighty wild pair. "Don't give us a reason"Thats our motto...

If the people in the Phoenix metropolitan area had any brains whatsoever, they would have shot down every single attempt that the Cardinals made to get a new stadium built. At least that way there would have been some hope that the Cardinals would have eventually given up and moved away, thus giving Phoenix the opportunity to get an expansion franchise somewhere down the line.Now that Bidwill is sitting on top of a cash cow by owning the Cardinals, the fans are destined to be doomed for eternity

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread