What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Candy Crush (1 Viewer)

Did everyone else loose their free daily bonus spin wheel or just me?
They posted a message on Facebook saying "I hope you enjoyed the daily free spin.. Stay tuned for other fun things to come!" :kicksrock:
bummer. That was helpful getting stars. But good news is they unlocked 65 new levels. A "dream world". Is this for everyone, or just for those that made it past level 500?

They posted a message on Facebook saying "I hope you enjoyed the daily free spin.. Stay tuned for other fun things to come!" :kicksrock:
bummer. That was helpful getting stars. But good news is they unlocked 65 new levels. A "dream world". Is this for everyone, or just for those that made it past level 500?
For everyone.

I've probably spent like $15 on the game so far. On level 221 after playing for a month.
Update...now on level 224. Passed 221 using two leftover hammers and then blew through the next two levels with 3 stars on the first try. Out of lives for now. Maybe I should get some work done.

Jayrod said:
Jayrod said:
I've probably spent like $15 on the game so far. On level 221 after playing for a month.
Update...now on level 224. Passed 221 using two leftover hammers and then blew through the next two levels with 3 stars on the first try. Out of lives for now. Maybe I should get some work done.
didn't you start a thread that you got fired from your job for procrastinating?

Jayrod said:
Jayrod said:
didn't you start a thread that you got fired from your job for procrastinating?
Yes. I have greatly improved in that area of life, but still have addictive tendancies.

ATC1 said:
ATC1 said:
snogger said:
huskers15 said:
For everyone.
where does this dream world show up? was there an app update yesterday?

ATC1 said:
ATC1 said:
snogger said:
huskers15 said:
For everyone.
Might be computer only for now. The app only goes to level 485 right now.

ATC1 said:
ATC1 said:
snogger said:
huskers15 said:
For everyone.
Interesting.

Best I can tell, having only played the first 8 levels of Dream, is this is a direct response to the complaints of certain levels being overly difficult and an obvious enticement to buy powerups. So far Dream has been very easy. But then, so was "reality" through the first dozen or so levels.

Jayrod said:
Jayrod said:
That seems to be my case with this game in general. Get stuck on a level almost ready to give up, finally pass it. Blow through the next 3 or 4 levels. Get stuck again and ready to give up. Stupid F ing game. :bag:

ATC1 said:
ATC1 said:
snogger said:
huskers15 said:
For everyone.
Interesting.

Best I can tell, having only played the first 8 levels of Dream, is this is a direct response to the complaints of certain levels being overly difficult and an obvious enticement to buy powerups. So far Dream has been very easy. But then, so was "reality" through the first dozen or so levels.
When introducing a new concept, they need to make the first handful of levels easy.

#### developers like this. I would much rather pay for the game rather than this microtransaction bull####. So #### them, hacked the game and pretty much have unlimited boosters. Feel the same way about the new plants vs zombies, going to hack that too.

huskers15 said:
What is this?
it was a wheel of fortune type setup, where you get a free spin each day and can win a bonus perk (sprinkle bomb, etc.) and there was a "jackpot" but I don't know what that included
I've never seen that. Is it not part of the app?
Not any longer. Disappeared after 4-5 days.

ETA: Nevermind. It's back. Also, dream levels are now on app as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the crap. I'm at some point where I either have to ask people on Facebook to key me go to the next level OR get through three mystery levels (only can okay one per day) OR pay 99 cents. This is extortion.

What the crap. I'm at some point where I either have to ask people on Facebook to key me go to the next level OR get through three mystery levels (only can okay one per day) OR pay 99 cents. This is extortion.
Hack it. #### those microtransaction #######s.

Friend me on facebook, I will help you unlock. :P

go to settings>general>date & time

turn off "set automagically" and change date to tomorrow

open candy crush quest level

go back to settings and turn auto sync back on

double check that it didn't mess up your imessage ability under settings>message>imessage

return to candy crush

profit

Use this time to take a break from the game and get some work done.

the daily spin wheel was back for me today, but still not seeing this alleged "dream world"

does it appear on the map somewhere?

also, beat 377 finally! :brush:

Stupid question, but OK:

You guys who are in like the hundreds, I keep getting stuck at levels and I'm only in the 40s right now. Is there some trick to this stupid effing game?

TIA

Stupid question, but OK:

You guys who are in like the hundreds, I keep getting stuck at levels and I'm only in the 40s right now. Is there some trick to this stupid effing game?

TIA
no trick. just play a lot. most of the hard levels require luck to get past them.

Stupid question, but OK:

TIA
Nope. Certain levels are at near-impossible difficulty level, and they decide to throw you a bone eventually so you can get past it (if you don't cave and spend money for the extra moves, perks, etc.). But then you beat one of the nearly impossible levels, and you'll breeze through the next 5 or 6 the first try. As a general rule, combos are the best way to clean house. Sprinkle + striped = awesomeness, as is Sprinkle + Sprinkle, but it's harder to achieve.

The only real trick is that when you get a sprinkled munchkin, don't use it right away. Wait to see if you can line it up next to a striped candy. Getting that combo will be the difference in clearing or not clearing about half of the levels.

Also, you can start a level over with no penalty by exiting before you make any moves.

The only tips I can tell you is make sure you understand what will happen and what candies will form before you make your move. None of it is random; it is all predictable (well, other than what color you get falling out of the sky. And what brony said. There are certain levels that are way easier if you have the ability to make a certain candy on your first move, so you can exit and reenter the level endlessly until you get the starting set up you like.

The only real trick is that when you get a sprinkled munchkin, don't use it right away. Wait to see if you can line it up next to a striped candy. Getting that combo will be the difference in clearing or not clearing about half of the levels.

Also, you can start a level over with no penalty by exiting before you make any moves.
Wrapped + Sprinkle is where it's at. That being said, I quit after being stuck around 170 for a few days. Moved on to Quiz Up.

Stupid question, but OK:

TIA
Nope. Certain levels are at near-impossible difficulty level, and they decide to throw you a bone eventually so you can get past it (if you don't cave and spend money for the extra moves, perks, etc.). But then you beat one of the nearly impossible levels, and you'll breeze through the next 5 or 6 the first try. As a general rule, combos are the best way to clean house. Sprinkle + striped = awesomeness, as is Sprinkle + Sprinkle, but it's harder to achieve.
I am convinced they build some inuitive logic into the game to make certain bottlenecks in game progression to lure people into purchasing items. After x amount of time on a certian level, this bottleneck is relaxed allowing you to move on (until you hit the next bottleneck).

There are some websites that have tips. Just search Candy Crush Level ??? and you'll find plenty.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
Nathan R. Jessep said:
Otis said:
Stupid question, but OK:

TIA
I am convinced they build some inuitive logic into the game to make certain bottlenecks in game progression to lure people into purchasing items. After x amount of time on a certian level, this bottleneck is relaxed allowing you to move on (until you hit the next bottleneck).
I think so too. Several people get hung up on the same level, such as 147, for days or even weeks, then within 24 hours, they all pass it. Seen that several times. :tinfoilhat:

Spin said:
Brony said:

Wrapped + Sprinkle is where it's at. That being said, I quit after being stuck around 170 for a few days. Moved on to Quiz Up.
I seem to have better luck with striped+sprinkle, but I usually try to get more of that color on the board before using it.

Except those levels where you need to get wrapped+stripe, or wrapped+XXX, I suck at making wrapped for some reason.

I don't get to do it often, but the wrapped wrapped combo explosion is pretty sweet at clearing big chunks of jelly.

My two favorite are the wrapped-striped and the sprinkle striped.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMBO IS SPRINKLE AND A FISH.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

NOt true. There are a couple of levels where this can be a HUGE help. Spinkled colored fish create three more fish IF they chew up a space that has a candy on it. Some levels with jelly in inaccesible rows can be beaten this way if you're careful to preserve your combo until there's few icing spaces left. IN other words....a sprinkle + a fish can ultimately reward you with twelve fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

NOt true. There are a couple of levels where this can be a HUGE help. Spinkled colored fish create three more fish IF they chew up a space that has a candy on it. Some levels with jelly in inaccesible rows can be beaten this way if you're careful to preserve your combo until there's few icing spaces left. IN other words....a sprinkle + a fish can ultimately reward you with twelve fish.
That is nice...I think I've just used it incorrectly. Every time I've used it...it creates sprinkled fish that go and hit iced spots and that's it.

Otis said:
Stupid question, but OK:

TIA
hint. We dodnt just start playing this week

Otis said:
Stupid question, but OK:

TIA
hint. We dodnt just start playing this week
What fun would it be if you could just blow through levels?

I downloaded CC on draft day of our league (a week before the season). Here in week 15, I've made it level 428, where I've been stuck for probably the longest time I've been stuck on any level since I started. According to the masses here http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Levels, 428 is graded to be only a medium difficulty level, Very frustrating. I'd guess I've spent about $3 so far.

Is there some sort of cheat or glitch? I've noticed a person on my FB seems to have the high score on every level and she is usually in the millions? Is that even possible?

Is there some sort of cheat or glitch? I've noticed a person on my FB seems to have the high score on every level and she is usually in the millions? Is that even possible?
Sometimes chains start and will run for minutes. Not a glitch, but there are several levels where I completed the orders and a lengthy chain was set off where I wound up scoring in the millions. So not a glitch, just good fortune.

I just got a score of 0 on level 181.

Twice couldn't make any matches...game over. It actually used a life.

Sometimes chains start and will run for minutes. Not a glitch, but there are several levels where I completed the orders and a lengthy chain was set off where I wound up scoring in the millions. So not a glitch, just good fortune.
But on every single level?

Users who are viewing this thread