What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carolina TE? (1 Viewer)

The Karate Kid

Footballguy
With a real QB now in place I wanted to take a longshot, in a dynasty league, and take the Carolina TE. Who has the most upside and who is the starter? Thank you

With a real QB now in place I wanted to take a longshot, in a dynasty league, and take the Carolina TE. Who has the most upside and who is the starter? Thank you
The current news out of training camp (I write the CAR section of our FBG's weekly training camp report) is that Jeff King is in the lead for starting TE - because of his blocking, though, not his pass-catching.Gary Barnidge has been coming on since last season as the TE who is a receiver, but Dante Rosario is also a good receiver and the team seems to target them roughly evenly (and not very frequently). For fantasy purposes, the guy I'd take in a dynasty league is Barnidge - but he's definitely a long shot to ever crack the top-12 at his position, IMO.GL

Picking a TE out of Carolina is like picking a RB from New England...

Barnidge and Rosario have the greater reception upside, but Carolina is a running team.

Rosario is probably the 2nd most dangerous weapon in the pass game and I believe could see the 2nd most looks if Carolina is getting blown out. The problem with that is he might not even see the field in a tight game or if Carolina is winning. If you are forced to start one - > King against a bad team, Rosario against a good team.

JMHO

There is absolutely no value here. The TE position will probably catch 65 balls, but they use all three. There HAS to be better options out there for you.

I'm in the camp that Barnidge begins to emerge this season. A definite hold in deep TE heavy leagues.

Rosario if you need a few points and a chance at a short red zone touchdown, Barnidge if you are hoping for a longer touchdown or reception, neither if you are smart. Seriously has to be better long shot options out there (like the te in St Louis for instance).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took a shot at Marquez Branson, the TE in Denver... you may want to consider him as your longshot dynasty TE prospect.

Barnidge. He's a better down-the-field receiver, and was ranked as one of Football Outsiders' top prospects this offseason (although it remains to be seen if Carolina will ever throw to their tight ends enough for any of them to have fantasy value).

Users who are viewing this thread