What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Sportsline - What Commissioners Can Do (2 Viewers)

This past week I discovered the power and access that commissioners have on CBS Sportsline. I'll spare you the specific details, but commissioners can revise their own starting lineups during games and either back date the time of the move (so it looks like they did it ahead of the game) or delete lineup moves altogether.

I understand that commissioners should have this authority for others in their league, but for their own team? Makes me wonder what else commissioners can do on their website. Anyone else aware of this issue?

There's always got to be a trust factor when it comes to your commissioner, but CBS is giving too much power and temptation to them. Unless you monitor the commissioner's starting lineup right after kickoff of each game, you would never know he changed his lineup.
i ran a league for 10 years on CBS and knew about this. I never did it. I emailed CBS about it but never got a response. yes commissioners can cheat all day on CBS
I can't fathom paying their ridiculous prices to begin with but why do other people especially when the above is the case. Absolutely sad that CBS rapes the hobby and sadder yet that so many of you let them.
i agree that is why i took my 3 leagues to MFL

I'm curious, what possible benefit could their be in allowing a commish to delete transaction entries? Why is that function necessary? It seems that opens a whole can of worms that just doesn't need opening.
I've done this a couple of times. Most recently, an owner's son thought it would be funny to drop half his team, and replace them with all Jets scrubs. Screwed up a couple of waiver moves. After fixing all the moves, I deleted all the commissioner transactions. It keeps the page cleaner looking.
I'm not asking why a commish would ever want to reverse or change an add/drop/trade/whatever, I'm asking what the benefit would be to delete the log of that transaction? I get that a commish sometimes has to pop the hood and tinker a bit, but every single move that the commish is making has to be in the log so that the entire league can see what the commish is doing.What is the benefit in giving the commish the ability to cover his tracks? That is what I'm not understanding.

OK, I guess there are some legit reasons to delete transactions (forgot about transaction fees because none of my current leagues have them), but it seems like the hosting site should automatically email all league members when that happens. Then there's a record of it in case someone is doing something shady. Seems extremely easy to set up.

It's one thing to trust your commissioner when you're in a fun league with friends, but yet another when there are thousands of dollars on the line.
CBS will do this for you....all you have to do as a league member is to go into your Options>Fantasy Alerts tab and set it up so that you receive those transaction emails. You will get every one and the commissioner cannot stop it from being sent. I've been a commish on CBS for years and have always known that others could always see the edits I made if they took the time to look.edit: Any commissioner on CBS should know how to accomplish a basic set-up (and, knowing how to set up your email alerts is basic.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I guess there are some legit reasons to delete transactions (forgot about transaction fees because none of my current leagues have them), but it seems like the hosting site should automatically email all league members when that happens. Then there's a record of it in case someone is doing something shady. Seems extremely easy to set up.

It's one thing to trust your commissioner when you're in a fun league with friends, but yet another when there are thousands of dollars on the line.
CBS will do this for you....all you have to do as a league member is to go into your Options>Fantasy Alerts tab and set it up so that you receive those transaction emails. You will get every one and the commissioner cannot stop it from being sent. I've been a commish on CBS for years and have always known that others could always see the edits I made if they took the time to look.edit: Any commissioner on CBS should know how to accomplish a basic set-up (and, knowing how to set up your email alerts is basic.)
Thanks for the help. I've set alerts for transactions and lineup changes. I got the help from this forum that I couldn't get from CBS. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread