What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CEH or McKinnon in PPR? ("Neither" not an option for some of us) (1 Viewer)

Neil Beaufort Zod

Footballguy
Thoughts on which is the better play, the old RB coming off a groin injury, or the younger guy who's already proven he isn't up to the task.

Some of us need to start one of them. Thanks!

I'm going CEH. He is healthy and has shown he is capable of doing it. Just not often. My other choice is K Mitchell.

PPR? McKinnon by a >>>>>> margin. If he's healthy the whole game, I don't see much chance that McKinnon isn't going to see most/all the high quality reps (passing downs/red zone) over a chump like Edwards-Helaire. If the Chiefs get behind, I expect he'll log even more snaps.

CEH getting the "he's our #1 guy" quote from Reid is a trap. Just means he's going to roll him out there the first 5-10 scripted plays....then immediately nail his *** to the bench after he poops his pants.

I’m in the same quandary. Very interested in the consensus as I’m a coin flip right now between the two. With AJones iffy for Monday night and Ekeler as my other back I might just start both and bench Ekeler!*

*not going to but Ek’s been hot garbage for weeks now.

The fact that no Chiefs wr has stepped up consistently also tilts towards McKinnon. Mahomes may lean on him to catch passes

But the WRs have been poor all year and McKinnon still hasn't done anything. I haven't seen any quotes from Reid or anyone else as to why (which could me they just don't want to). And do we know if he is healthy?

The fact that no Chiefs wr has stepped up consistently also tilts towards McKinnon. Mahomes may lean on him to catch passes

But the WRs have been poor all year and McKinnon still hasn't done anything. I haven't seen any quotes from Reid or anyone else as to why (which could me they just don't want to). And do we know if he is healthy?
Who knows how this plays out. Who knows if he is healthy. I will say even though 1 game is 1 game, later in the season, they sure feel more important. For the first time in a long time the Chiefs offense simply doesn't strike fear and looks to be pressing. When pressing go to what works. McKinnon has a history of working. For the record, I own shares of both of these rbs and as long as one of them is clearly ahead of the other im cool.

McKinnon. Think Sigmund shared a quote from Nagy alluding to have kept him in the back pocket all season. Could be the time to unleash. Injury muddies it a bit. RB1 across weeks 14 and 15 last season

Neither.

if you have any depth at all.
You look at McKinnon's week 14, 15, 16, 17 box score last year and that's not depth. That's championship stuff. I get we are chasing points and we have no idea what this looks like, but he is the player listed in the definition of lottery ticket.

Struggling with the CEH vs McKinnon myself. Keep going back to last year's magnificent run of great games that won championships. But IIRC wasn't he pretty much the last man standing? Weren't both Pacheco and CEH out? Maybe I'm misremembering

Struggling with the CEH vs McKinnon myself. Keep going back to last year's magnificent run of great games that won championships. But IIRC wasn't he pretty much the last man standing? Weren't both Pacheco and CEH out? Maybe I'm misremembering
Pacheco was fine, and CEH was the odd man out by that time.

Assuming you have both, the answer is likely mckinnon. If you only have one, then start whichever one you have and hope for the best. This is CEHs last stand to get any kind of second contract that isn’t a league minimum so he needs to show out on tape.

the question will be the TDs. Pacheco was scoring quite well in this offense and with all the issues they’ve had the running game was their strength. CEH projects there.

I have Pacheco in a league where the mickinnon owner drafted him and has never dropped him. So I have CEH now. This weeks game to me only matters in terms of seeding so I’m starting CEH over the likes of brevin Jordan , wicks, and mingo (ie the other waiver wire darlings from the pas2 weeks)

I wouldn't be surprised if Andy Reid starts using Rashee Rice more as an extension of their run game with a few more WR screens and other low ADot throws that he has been getting lately. Rice looks like a RB with the ball in his hands.

I ended up getting CEH off waivers. Chose him over McKinnon. In my lineup today since I own Pacheco. I'll take 8 pts

I drafted McKinnon in one deep ppr league (still hold him) and I just picked him up in a short-bench ppr league where I lost Rhamondre, but I'm not starting him in either. I need to see some increased usage before I do. I'm just not buying that they've done next to nothing with him for 12 weeks, only to bust him out suddenly this week. I'm playing Doubs and Keaton over him in one league and I have Cook/Gibbs/Elliot/Spears in the other, so he would just be a bonus there.

I would love it as much as anyone though if the stashed weapon theory were true!

(Also, if I needed a RB this week and had the choice, I would play CEH (not very good as he is) over McKinnon as I would expect CEH to have more touches.)

Users who are viewing this thread