What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Grant or Julian Peterson.. Who do I pick (1 Viewer)

eddy13

Footballguy
Ok guys my league awards 1 point per every tackle solo or assist, 15 for int, 7 for sack, 5 for forced fumble.... Now any other time a healthy Julian Peterson is a no brainer to franchise but due to his injury last year should I franchise Charles grant along with Rodney Harrison and draft Julian Peterson in the first round of my draft.... Do you guys think that Julian Peterson will return to his stud self or is he a risk... Should I play it safe and franchise Grant ahead of Peterson and wait to I hear further news about Peterson and then perhpas draft him in first Round..

Ok guys my league awards 1 point per every tackle solo or assist, 15 for int, 7 for sack, 5 for forced fumble.... Now any other time a healthy Julian Peterson is a no brainer to franchise but due to his injury last year should I franchise Charles grant along with Rodney Harrison and draft Julian Peterson in the first round of my draft.... Do you guys think that Julian Peterson will return to his stud self or is he a risk... Should I play it safe and franchise Grant ahead of Peterson and wait to I hear further news about Peterson and then perhpas draft him in first Round..
Normally I would say keep Grant but with that scoring system I say roll the dice and go Peterson ...

Depends on what else you have. But tend to agree with Beaumont. The upside on Peterson is too good to pass up.

Charles Grant is only going to get better as the years go on. He also is not coming off what is a very serious injury of which Peterson still hasn't fully recovered. Grant will get you LB type numbers from a tackle standpoint along with double digit sacks easily at 5 pts a piece. In normal circumstances I would say Peterson but with him not only unhealthy but becoming an OLB in a 3-4 scheme I would have to vote for Grant and then find solid LB help in the 1st rd.

Charles Grant is only going to get better as the years go on. He also is not coming off what is a very serious injury of which Peterson still hasn't fully recovered. Grant will get you LB type numbers from a tackle standpoint along with double digit sacks easily at 5 pts a piece. In normal circumstances I would say Peterson but with him not only unhealthy but becoming an OLB in a 3-4 scheme I would have to vote for Grant and then find solid LB help in the 1st rd.
Well defensive lineman also get bonus points of 5 for 2 sacks and bonus points of 3 for 5 or more tackles... Linebackers get bonus points of 5 for 2 sacks and bonus points of 5 for 10 or more tackles.... Heres the thing I have the second overall pick in the defensive draft so i figure if I franchise Grant and Rodney Harrison I will probably be able to aquire Peterson.. I just find it tuff to Franchise Peterson Especially when i read hes at about 75 percent.. Do you guys Agree with my statement or shoudl i still go with Peterson..

Well defensive lineman also get bonus points of 5 for 2 sacks and bonus points of 3 for 5 or more tackles... Linebackers get bonus points of 5 for 2 sacks and bonus points of 5 for 10 or more tackles.... Heres the thing I have the second overall pick in the defensive draft so i figure if I franchise Grant and Rodney Harrison I will probably be able to aquire Peterson.. I just find it tuff to Franchise Peterson Especially when i read hes at about 75 percent.. Do you guys Agree with my statement or shoudl i still go with Peterson..
Your scoring system really rewards the big play ... Peterson has big play written all over him (if) he is healthy ... I still say roll the dice, but if you think can get him in the draft, keep Grant ... you have a better feeling I would imagine for the other owners and who they would be looking to draft early ...

Take a shot with Grant. I think we've seen the top of the mountain with Peterson, where Grant is still on his way up. I wouldn't even bother with Peterson in the first round if I threw him back. I'm sure there will be better LBs available at 2 than a 75% 3-4 OLB.

In almost any scoring system I would keep Grnat and Harrison over Peterson.....your scoring system creates an exception though. 15 per int??? Hell, that is just too much for Grant to overcome.However, Peterson is probably going to be available early whereas grant is a consensus #1 DL. Keep Grant and draft Peterson....even though from a raw points perspective you are keeping the lower scorer.

Take a shot with Grant. I think we've seen the top of the mountain with Peterson, where Grant is still on his way up.

I wouldn't even bother with Peterson in the first round if I threw him back. I'm sure there will be better LBs available at 2 than a 75% 3-4 OLB.
I agree. And I think that scoring system sucks.

In almost any scoring system I would keep Grnat and Harrison over Peterson.....your scoring system creates an exception though. 15 per int??? Hell, that is just too much for Grant to overcome.

However, Peterson is probably going to be available early whereas grant is a consensus #1 DL. Keep Grant and draft Peterson....even though from a raw points perspective you are keeping the lower scorer.
:goodposting: As much as I like Peterson, you should keep Grant.

Roll the dice? Wow. Defiantley go Charles Grant. He is a monster. Julian is too unpredictable to even consider with that injury. :loco:

Roll the dice? Wow. Defiantley go Charles Grant. He is a monster. Julian is too unpredictable to even consider with that injury. :loco:
I tend to agree if we were talking about a 100 percent healthy Julian Peterson I would franchise him ahead of Grant but with him being at 75 percent I figure that I will wait and see how he progresses if hes lookign good I can draft him in first Round

Users who are viewing this thread