What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Grant (1 Viewer)

Noahs Troopers

Footballguy
I don't get a chance to see many saints games. I'm looking at drafting him in my idp league with my next pick but that's really based on rankings, about 16 or 17 DL are already gone but in the concensous thread on this forum he's ranked #6 and in the fbg dynasty rankings he's ranked 8th I believe. Maybe i'm missing something, it looked like last year his numbers were down alot from the previous couple of years. Help me out please with some thoughts on him.

Make sure you stay away from Justin Smith due to the fact they are going to a 3-4 defense and he only weighs 270 lbs. Can you say 3rd down pass rusher!

RAPTURE

I don't get a chance to see many saints games. I'm looking at drafting him in my idp league with my next pick but that's really based on rankings, about 16 or 17 DL are already gone but in the concensous thread on this forum he's ranked #6 and in the fbg dynasty rankings he's ranked 8th I believe. Maybe i'm missing something, it looked like last year his numbers were down alot from the previous couple of years. Help me out please with some thoughts on him.
I drafted Grant at just about the same point this year (about two months ago). He fell alot because his stats were down last year.The truth is he is a top 10 talent, but the Saints apparantly are upset with him for whatever reason (character issues?)

Even worse, they might draft Mario Williams, though I'd think if they do, they'll be looking hard to shop Grant. At least I hope :(

Charles Grant may be the biggest question mark among defensive lineman right now.

He's clearly got the talent to be an elite two way defensive end. He did struggle through a toe injury last season. He suffered the injury early on but little was made of it after the first month of the season. If it was a nagging injury, it could well have hampered his leverage and taken away his explosive burst off the ball and accounted for much of the decline in his sack number last year. To my knowledge there are no character concerns. The coaching staff clearly isn't shy about remaking the roster - they've signed Anthony Simmons and Scott Fujita at linebacker and acquired Bryan Scott and Omar Stoutmire in the secondary as well as signing Keith Davis to an offer sheet.

It's hard to predict whether the Saints will take Mario Williams or D'Brick. On one hand, they have two young talented ends in Grant and Will Smith and seemingly wouldn't need Williams. They also say that Jammal Brown is more than capable of moving to LT in place of Wayne Gandy which would obviate the need for Ferguson.

Both players are said to be once in a decade talent, but I've seen more questions about Ferguson than Williams.

There've been rumors, mostly on the Saints homer forums, that Grant could move inside to tackle or might be traded. I think Grant could do okay as a three technique type tackle but I think it's more likely that the three ends go back into a rotation similar to what Haslett used to do with Grant/Howard/Smith and Whitehead before Smith.

If the Saints don't take Williams, I'm a believer that Grant will rebound in a big way in 2006. If they do take Williams, I'll temper my expectations until we're told how the Saints decide to use them.

Charles Grant may be the biggest question mark among defensive lineman right now.

He's clearly got the talent to be an elite two way defensive end. He did struggle through a toe injury last season. He suffered the injury early on but little was made of it after the first month of the season. If it was a nagging injury, it could well have hampered his leverage and taken away his explosive burst off the ball and accounted for much of the decline in his sack number last year. To my knowledge there are no character concerns. The coaching staff clearly isn't shy about remaking the roster - they've signed Anthony Simmons and Scott Fujita at linebacker and acquired Bryan Scott and Omar Stoutmire in the secondary as well as signing Keith Davis to an offer sheet.

It's hard to predict whether the Saints will take Mario Williams or D'Brick. On one hand, they have two young talented ends in Grant and Will Smith and seemingly wouldn't need Williams. They also say that Jammal Brown is more than capable of moving to LT in place of Wayne Gandy which would obviate the need for Ferguson.

Both players are said to be once in a decade talent, but I've seen more questions about Ferguson than Williams.

There've been rumors, mostly on the Saints homer forums, that Grant could move inside to tackle or might be traded. I think Grant could do okay as a three technique type tackle but I think it's more likely that the three ends go back into a rotation similar to what Haslett used to do with Grant/Howard/Smith and Whitehead before Smith.

If the Saints don't take Williams, I'm a believer that Grant will rebound in a big way in 2006. If they do take Williams, I'll temper my expectations until we're told how the Saints decide to use them.
Those rumors should get stronger as New Orleans just drafted a DE at the top of the 5th with their 4th pick in the draft.As a Grant owner, I'm hoping for a trade.

He's clearly got the talent to be an elite two way defensive end.  He did struggle through a toe injury last season.  He suffered the injury early on but little was made of it after the first month of the season.  If it was a nagging injury, it could well have hampered his leverage and taken away his explosive burst off the ball and accounted for much of the decline in his sack number last year.  To my knowledge there are no character concerns.  The coaching staff clearly isn't shy about remaking the roster - they've signed Anthony Simmons and Scott Fujita at linebacker and acquired Bryan Scott and Omar Stoutmire in the secondary as well as signing Keith Davis to an offer sheet. 

It's hard to predict whether the Saints will take Mario Williams or D'Brick.  On one hand, they have two young talented ends in Grant and Will Smith and seemingly wouldn't need Williams.  They also say that Jammal Brown is more than capable of moving to LT in place of Wayne Gandy which would obviate the need for Ferguson.

There've been rumors, mostly on the Saints homer forums, that Grant could move inside to tackle or might be traded.  I think Grant could do okay as a three technique type tackle but I think it's more likely that the three ends go back into a rotation similar to what Haslett used to do with Grant/Howard/Smith and Whitehead before Smith.

If the Saints don't take Williams, I'm a believer that Grant will rebound in a big way in 2006.  If they do take Williams, I'll temper my expectations until we're told how the Saints decide to use them.
Those rumors should get stronger as New Orleans just drafted a DE at the top of the 5th with their 4th pick in the draft.As a Grant owner, I'm hoping for a trade.
I don't think so. Please don't give up on Grant yet. If you do, trade him to me. Ninkovich is a nice player, but the Saints need depth, and he's nowhere near talented enough to displace Grant to tackle.And the Saints got DT Hollis Thomas from the Eagles this morning in a draft pick deal to boot.

I think Grant will be fine.

He's clearly got the talent to be an elite two way defensive end.  He did struggle through a toe injury last season.  He suffered the injury early on but little was made of it after the first month of the season.  If it was a nagging injury, it could well have hampered his leverage and taken away his explosive burst off the ball and accounted for much of the decline in his sack number last year.  To my knowledge there are no character concerns.  The coaching staff clearly isn't shy about remaking the roster - they've signed Anthony Simmons and Scott Fujita at linebacker and acquired Bryan Scott and Omar Stoutmire in the secondary as well as signing Keith Davis to an offer sheet. 

It's hard to predict whether the Saints will take Mario Williams or D'Brick.  On one hand, they have two young talented ends in Grant and Will Smith and seemingly wouldn't need Williams.  They also say that Jammal Brown is more than capable of moving to LT in place of Wayne Gandy which would obviate the need for Ferguson.

There've been rumors, mostly on the Saints homer forums, that Grant could move inside to tackle or might be traded.  I think Grant could do okay as a three technique type tackle but I think it's more likely that the three ends go back into a rotation similar to what Haslett used to do with Grant/Howard/Smith and Whitehead before Smith.

If the Saints don't take Williams, I'm a believer that Grant will rebound in a big way in 2006.  If they do take Williams, I'll temper my expectations until we're told how the Saints decide to use them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think so. Please don't give up on Grant yet. If you do, trade him to me. Ninkovich is a nice player, but the Saints need depth, and he's nowhere near talented enough to displace Grant to tackle.And the Saints got DT Hollis Thomas from the Eagles this morning in a draft pick deal to boot.

I think Grant will be fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he was saying he hoped for Grant to be traded to another NFL team. As a fellow Grant owner, I concur.

Grant will rebound big time this year. I expect top 10 and possibly top 5. He was hampered by a toe injury last year so I wouldn't worry about him too much.

Grant is a steal in round 19 of a redraft league. I want to say he's also entering the final year of his contract so you can expect some inspired play.

Make sure you stay away from Justin Smith due to the fact they are going to a 3-4 defense and he only weighs 270 lbs.  Can you say 3rd down pass rusher!

RAPTURE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I'm not a Justin Smith fan, Cincinnati isn't in a 3-4 just yet, and Smith is a free agent next year. He has all the incentive in the world to have a big year, and go cash in. That being said, Grant is about a million times more valuable.

Grant will rebound big time this year. I expect top 10 and possibly top 5. He was hampered by a toe injury last year so I wouldn't worry about him too much.
I drank the FBG kool-aid on Grant last year and got burned.kinda thought this year might be different and given the horrible situation of the NO D...thought he'd at least get a lot of opportunities but the stat line leave me :sadbanana: Anybody see the game? How's he look? Don't want to hot the panic button too soon but I'm concerned...should I drop him for L Little? TIA

I watched some of this game and Grant looked pretty good. He was very close to getting several sacks. I would expect some big games from Grant this year.

Users who are viewing this thread