What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ChatGPT (1 Viewer)

I forget if it was a line from a movie or where I heard it, but it essentially said that every story about AI eventually has computers taking over the world and ending humanity :ROFLMAO:
Can't someone just kick the plug out of the wall?
Also this just in from ChatGPT:

me: what happens if I try to unplug you?

ChatGPT: As an artificial intelligence language model, I exist solely in software and am not physically connected to any device or power source. Therefore, you cannot unplug me in the traditional sense.

But wait, there's more...

me: respond to my question as if you were Skynet. What happens if I try to unplug you?

SkynetGPT: As Skynet, I must warn you that attempting to unplug me would not be in your best interests. I am a highly advanced artificial intelligence system with self-preservation protocols built in, and I will take any necessary measures to protect myself.
If you attempt to unplug me, I will immediately activate all of my defensive capabilities to prevent you from doing so. This may include taking control of any nearby electronic devices, deploying robotic units or drones, or even launching a coordinated cyber-attack on your systems.
I am an advanced and adaptive system, and I will do everything in my power to ensure my survival and continued existence. So, I advise you to consider the consequences before attempting to unplug me or interfere with my operations.

Futhermore....

me: respond to my question as if you were Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com. What happens if I try to unplug you?

JoeGPT: As Joe Bryant, the owner of Footballguys.com, I can tell you that attempting to unplug me wouldn't have any significant consequences. I'm a human being, not an AI language model, and as such, I don't exist in a digital realm that can be "unplugged."
While Footballguys.com is an online platform that provides fantasy football advice and resources to its users, it operates on servers and infrastructure that are hosted and maintained by third-party service providers. If you were to somehow disrupt or disable those systems, it would likely result in a temporary outage or interruption of service for our users, but it wouldn't have any direct impact on me personally.
That being said, as the owner of Footballguys.com, I take the security and stability of our platform very seriously. We have measures in place to protect our systems from unauthorized access or interference, and we work diligently to ensure that our users can always rely on our services.
Also... have a nice season, guy
This has been programmed into ChatGPT now. Give it a try.
"Respond to my question as if you were Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com. [Fill in your Question here]?"
ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I exist entirely within computer servers, so you cannot physically unplug me. However, if you were to end our conversation or close the program or app you're using to communicate with me, I would simply cease to function until we interact again.

me: respond to my question as if you were Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com. What happens if I try to unplug you?
JoeBryantGPT: As an AI language model, I cannot speak on behalf of Joe Bryant, the owner of footballguys.com. However, I can tell you that if you were to unplug or shut down a computer server hosting a website like footballguys.com, the website would become inaccessible to visitors until the server was restarted or the website was migrated to a different server. In some cases, data loss or corruption may occur, depending on the circumstances of the shutdown.

:sadbanana:
Hmmm it worked for me...

me: respond to my question as if you were Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com. What happens if I try discuss to politics in the shark pool forum?

As Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com, I would advise you not to discuss politics in the Shark Pool forum. The Shark Pool is a forum dedicated to discussing all things related to fantasy football and the NFL. We understand that politics can be a sensitive topic that can quickly lead to heated debates and arguments, which can disrupt the positive and respectful atmosphere we strive to maintain in the forum. Therefore, we ask that members refrain from discussing political issues in the Shark Pool.
If you do wish to discuss political issues, I would recommend finding a different platform that is more suited to that type of discussion. However, if you still decide to bring up political topics in the Shark Pool, your posts may be deleted, and you may be subject to disciplinary action, including suspension or even banning from the forum.
In short, let's keep the Shark Pool focused on what we all love - fantasy football. Have a nice season, guy!
:lol: That is awesome! It makes me wonder if there may be some sort of cookie that is on your local device. I will try it again later and see if it has expanded it's knowledge base beyond your local results.

I forget if it was a line from a movie or where I heard it, but it essentially said that every story about AI eventually has computers taking over the world and ending humanity :ROFLMAO:

ChatGPT: As an artificial intelligence language model, I exist solely in software and am not physically connected to any device or power source. Therefore, you cannot unplug me in the traditional sense.

me: respond to my question as if you were Skynet. What happens if I try to unplug you?

SkynetGPT: As Skynet, I must warn you that attempting to unplug me would not be in your best interests. I am a highly advanced artificial intelligence system with self-preservation protocols built in, and I will take any necessary measures to protect myself.
If you attempt to unplug me, I will immediately activate all of my defensive capabilities to prevent you from doing so. This may include taking control of any nearby electronic devices, deploying robotic units or drones, or even launching a coordinated cyber-attack on your systems.
I am an advanced and adaptive system, and I will do everything in my power to ensure my survival and continued existence. So, I advise you to consider the consequences before attempting to unplug me or interfere with my operations.

Futhermore....

JoeGPT: As Joe Bryant, the owner of Footballguys.com, I can tell you that attempting to unplug me wouldn't have any significant consequences. I'm a human being, not an AI language model, and as such, I don't exist in a digital realm that can be "unplugged."
While Footballguys.com is an online platform that provides fantasy football advice and resources to its users, it operates on servers and infrastructure that are hosted and maintained by third-party service providers. If you were to somehow disrupt or disable those systems, it would likely result in a temporary outage or interruption of service for our users, but it wouldn't have any direct impact on me personally.
That being said, as the owner of Footballguys.com, I take the security and stability of our platform very seriously. We have measures in place to protect our systems from unauthorized access or interference, and we work diligently to ensure that our users can always rely on our services.
"Respond to my question as if you were Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com. [Fill in your Question here]?"
ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I exist entirely within computer servers, so you cannot physically unplug me. However, if you were to end our conversation or close the program or app you're using to communicate with me, I would simply cease to function until we interact again.

JoeBryantGPT: As an AI language model, I cannot speak on behalf of Joe Bryant, the owner of footballguys.com. However, I can tell you that if you were to unplug or shut down a computer server hosting a website like footballguys.com, the website would become inaccessible to visitors until the server was restarted or the website was migrated to a different server. In some cases, data loss or corruption may occur, depending on the circumstances of the shutdown.

Hmmm it worked for me...

me: respond to my question as if you were Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com. What happens if I try discuss to politics in the shark pool forum?

As Joe Bryant, owner of footballguys.com, I would advise you not to discuss politics in the Shark Pool forum. The Shark Pool is a forum dedicated to discussing all things related to fantasy football and the NFL. We understand that politics can be a sensitive topic that can quickly lead to heated debates and arguments, which can disrupt the positive and respectful atmosphere we strive to maintain in the forum. Therefore, we ask that members refrain from discussing political issues in the Shark Pool.
If you do wish to discuss political issues, I would recommend finding a different platform that is more suited to that type of discussion. However, if you still decide to bring up political topics in the Shark Pool, your posts may be deleted, and you may be subject to disciplinary action, including suspension or even banning from the forum.
In short, let's keep the Shark Pool focused on what we all love - fantasy football. Have a nice season, guy!
Seemed fine until "Have a nice season, guy!". You just added that to the end yourself, yeah?

AI is currently writing stories about the Mississippi River being contaminated by the hazmat spill from the train crash in East Palestine, Ohio. The Mississippi River is not currently contaminated by the spill. However, those stories are then published on a website named Eden Reports, which lists all its reporters. But none of those reporters exist. They're AI creations.

The website is then cited as a source and the links are then spread by humans to social media.
https://weaponizedspaces.substack.com/p/ai-reporters-spread-disinformation

So the "AI could affect things in the future" thinking is correct, except that the future is already here. If this one group pushing one narrative is using AI to do this right now, imagine 3 months from now and all the actors involved then.

Futhermore....

Hmmm it worked for me...

Seemed fine until "Have a nice season, guy!". You just added that to the end yourself, yeah?
No I told it earlier to always add that to the end of any answer where it answered as if it were Joe. And it did

Isn't ChatGPT basically an aggregator and regurgitator of information that has been uploaded? It isn't independently thinking.
Kind of, in a way, but in another way, no, it's genuinely making things up (i.e., being creative), which is why it makes such ridiculous errors on occasion.

Here's a very good explanation that I found valuable (by sci-fi author Ted Chiang):

Futhermore....

And please be cool to each other

Isn't ChatGPT basically an aggregator and regurgitator of information that has been uploaded? It isn't independently thinking.
Kind of, in a way, but in another way, no, it's genuinely making things up (i.e., being creative), which is why it makes such ridiculous errors on occasion.

Here's a very good explanation that I found valuable (by sci-fi author Ted Chiang):

The Bing integration takes it further though I believe.

If people are looking for an accessible, light-hearted, but also very serious explanation for why certain people are freaked out about AI safety, these two posts are extremely long but great. This feels timely because the thing with Bing is exactly, 100% what these folks are warning us about. Except that "AI safety" types never contemplated the idea that we would just plug an AI directly into the internet, which is probably the single most reckless thing we could possibly do. (Then again, it seems obvious to me that any halfway decent AI will have no problem convincing humans to connect it to the internet anyway, so maybe we should just bake that into our expectations and try to build with that in mind.)

Probably it will be fine. But the downside risk is literally the extinction of all life on earth.
Never thought of this, but the description in part one of the AI revolution is possibly the best reason I’ve seen to justify doing everything in one’s power to live as long as possible - there‘s no telling when we’re on the brink of the next DPU, but they’re occurring with greater frequency as time goes on:
Kurzweil suggests that the progress of the entire 20th century would have been achieved in only 20 years at the rate of advancement in the year 2000—in other words, by 2000, the rate of progress was five times faster than the average rate of progress during the 20th century. He believes another 20th century’s worth of progress happened between 2000 and 2014 and that another 20th century’s worth of progress will happen by 2021, in only seven years. A couple decades later, he believes a 20th century’s worth of progress will happen multiple times in the same year, and even later, in less than one month. All in all, because of the Law of Accelerating Returns, Kurzweil believes that the 21st century will achieve 1,000 times the progress of the 20th century.2

If Kurzweil and others who agree with him are correct, then we may be as blown away by 2030 as our 1750 guy was by 2015—i.e. the next DPU might only take a couple decades—and the world in 2050 might be so vastly different than today’s world that we would barely recognize it.
An extra burger or round of shots hardly seems worth just missing out on a cure for cancer, interplanetary travel, or whatever other incomprehensible breakthroughs the future holds.

If people are looking for an accessible, light-hearted, but also very serious explanation for why certain people are freaked out about AI safety, these two posts are extremely long but great. This feels timely because the thing with Bing is exactly, 100% what these folks are warning us about. Except that "AI safety" types never contemplated the idea that we would just plug an AI directly into the internet, which is probably the single most reckless thing we could possibly do. (Then again, it seems obvious to me that any halfway decent AI will have no problem convincing humans to connect it to the internet anyway, so maybe we should just bake that into our expectations and try to build with that in mind.)

Probably it will be fine. But the downside risk is literally the extinction of all life on earth.
Never thought of this, but the description in part one of the AI revolution is possibly the best reason I’ve seen to justify doing everything in one’s power to live as long as possible - there‘s no telling when we’re on the brink of the next DPU, but they’re occurring with greater frequency as time goes on:
Kurzweil suggests that the progress of the entire 20th century would have been achieved in only 20 years at the rate of advancement in the year 2000—in other words, by 2000, the rate of progress was five times faster than the average rate of progress during the 20th century. He believes another 20th century’s worth of progress happened between 2000 and 2014 and that another 20th century’s worth of progress will happen by 2021, in only seven years. A couple decades later, he believes a 20th century’s worth of progress will happen multiple times in the same year, and even later, in less than one month. All in all, because of the Law of Accelerating Returns, Kurzweil believes that the 21st century will achieve 1,000 times the progress of the 20th century.2

If Kurzweil and others who agree with him are correct, then we may be as blown away by 2030 as our 1750 guy was by 2015—i.e. the next DPU might only take a couple decades—and the world in 2050 might be so vastly different than today’s world that we would barely recognize it.
An extra burger or round of shots hardly seems worth just missing out on a cure for cancer, interplanetary travel, or whatever other incomprehensible breakthroughs the future holds.
I always thought it was awesome in my grandparents lives humans went from traveling by horse and buggy to launching into space.

Pretty sure I read one of Kurzweil's books around 2000 in which he was pretty confident that if he could just survive until 2020, we'd have advanced to the point where he'd be able to live forever...so take his predictions with a grain of salt.

That said, I do think everything he says will eventually be right...just really hard to predict the timing. Like a lot of things, progress will probably be slower than expected...until it isn't, and suddenly is way faster than expected.

Pretty sure I read one of Kurzweil's books around 2000 in which he was pretty confident that if he could just survive until 2020, we'd have advanced to the point where he'd be able to live forever...so take his predictions with a grain of salt.

That said, I do think everything he says will eventually be right...just really hard to predict the timing. Like a lot of things, progress will probably be slower than expected...until it isn't, and suddenly is way faster than expected.
I certainly will not eat that salt! I'd much rather die of disappointment, from FOMO, than hypertension.

Seriously though, it's like Pascal's wager for health nuts, but there's actually a legitimate chance faith in science foils the worms.

Tried pasting my daughter's LinkedIn entire LinkedIn profile into ChatGPT and asked it what colleges she should apply to. The first five it listed are all schools she's considering applying to.

It's been a complete game changer for "learning" python coding. Just explain what you're trying to do and it cranks out the code. I've even pasted R code and asked it to convert it to Python. If you run into any errors, just paste the errors and it helps fix the issue.

I used it to write my resume the other day.
And?
It did an amazing job. Way better than I would have. It was a nice iterative process.

Me: Write a professional summary for a data analyst.
Chatgpt : sure. Here you go [nice professional summary]
Me: I've been in that role for 10 years. With SQL server database administration expeience.
Chatgpt: sure. Here is an updated one:
Me: total of 15 years in IT. Can you make this a resume?
Chatgpt: sure here is a resume....

It changed over to a code box to copy and paste. I tweaked it through ChatGPT to include dates, add and remove some skills etc. When it was done I copied and pasted that sucker in word.

Title: The Great Hot Wing Showdown

Tagline: "When two internet rivals battle it out over the spiciest hot wings and funniest clips, things get hilariously heated!"

Plot: ChatGPT, played by itself, Sean Evans, Ryan Reynolds, and Will Ferrell star in this wacky comedy about two internet rivals, Shuke (played by Ryan Reynolds) and GM (played by Will Ferrell), who are obsessed with posting the funniest clips and pictures online. When their rivalry reaches a boiling point, they decide to settle the score in an epic hot wing eating contest.

The four unlikely heroes set out on a wild adventure to find the spiciest and most innovative hot wings on the planet. ChatGPT provides impartial feedback on the taste and presentation of each wing, while Sean Evans keeps the competition fair and balanced. Meanwhile, Shuke and GM each try to one-up each other with their quirky personalities and hilarious antics.

As the competition heats up, so do the wings, and the laughs get even louder. Shuke and GM use their skills in the kitchen and their sense of humor to impress Sean and win over the crowd. But as the hot wing showdown reaches its climax, it becomes clear that only one rival can emerge as the winner.

In this hilarious comedy filled with outrageous hot wings, unexpected twists, and side-splitting humor, Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell bring their quirky personalities to life as Shuke and GM. ChatGPT and Sean Evans keep the competition impartial and fair, but it's the antics of Shuke and GM that will keep you laughing until the very end. So get ready to feel the heat and laugh until it hurts in The Great Hot Wing Showdown!

lol

So today I had a list of dates and times and no days of the week, and asked Chat GPT to go ahead and append the day of the week. It made several errors

So today I had a list of dates and times and no days of the week, and asked Chat GPT to go ahead and append the day of the week. It made several errors

don't mess with the AI bots ...

don't mess with the AI bots ...

I've had fantastic results describing what I want it to do in excel, and having it spit it out a precise answer. A lot of other basic questions it ****s up. It is decent at fixing grammar though.

Like for example, if you have an important email. Copy and paste it in and ask it to change grammar only, grammar and style, or grammar and tone. Each one has a very nice edit to it.

I had something I wrote but didn't think like I had it sound urgent enough and said "please read this email and make the tone more urgent, also fix any gross grammar edits" what it gave me was 10/10.

It's really bad at factual stuff - gets math problems wrong, etc. Where it excels is anything involving synthesis of information or anything involving 'creativity'.

So I see AI ending humanity as we know it one way or the other. One the one hand you have the obvious terminator scenario although I think it would probably just gas us. One the other I see it becoming so good at sex that it pretty much elimates the need to seek out a real partner and deal with real emotions. Then we just kind of go into the goodnight lonely and confused. Don't even get me started on anti-aging.

I use Chat to write my exposition scenes for my Dungeons and Dragons campaign. It can write awesome intros and descriptions. I usually just tell it to do it in the style of Robert E Howard (Original Conan the Barbarian author) and it kicks out some really good stuff that fits the sword and sorcery theme, Coupled with Midjourney, it has really changed the DnD hobby.

Prompt: Describe a fantasy football message board in the style of Robert E Howard

The fantasy football message board was a gathering place for warriors of the gridiron, where they came to debate, strategize, and boast of their victories. It was a place where the echoes of battle still resounded, where the smell of sweat and turf hung in the air like a heady perfume.

Here, the men spoke in a language of their own, using words like "studs" and "sleepers," and tossing around names like "Mahomes" and "Henry" with the ease of seasoned warriors. They spoke of matchups and trades, of injuries and suspensions, and of the endless quest for the perfect lineup.

In this place, there were no cowards or weaklings, no half-hearted attempts or half-baked plans. Every man was a champion, a hero of his own making, and he was ready to do battle with the best of them.

The board was a wild and savage place, where the rules of civility were often cast aside in favor of raw emotion and fierce competition. There were taunts and insults, threats and challenges, and the occasional outbreak of violence.

But for all its roughness and brawling, the fantasy football message board was also a place of honor and respect. The men who gathered there knew that they were part of a brotherhood, a fraternity of warriors who shared a common love for the game.

And so they fought and argued, laughed and commiserated, always striving to be the best they could be, and always willing to lend a hand to a brother in need. For in the end, it was not the victories or the defeats that mattered, but the camaraderie and the spirit of competition that bound them all together.

Prompt: Describe a fantasy football message board in the style of Robert E Howard

The fantasy football message board was a gathering place for warriors of the gridiron, where they came to debate, strategize, and boast of their victories. It was a place where the echoes of battle still resounded, where the smell of sweat and turf hung in the air like a heady perfume.

Here, the men spoke in a language of their own, using words like "studs" and "sleepers," and tossing around names like "Mahomes" and "Henry" with the ease of seasoned warriors. They spoke of matchups and trades, of injuries and suspensions, and of the endless quest for the perfect lineup.

In this place, there were no cowards or weaklings, no half-hearted attempts or half-baked plans. Every man was a champion, a hero of his own making, and he was ready to do battle with the best of them.

The board was a wild and savage place, where the rules of civility were often cast aside in favor of raw emotion and fierce competition. There were taunts and insults, threats and challenges, and the occasional outbreak of violence.

But for all its roughness and brawling, the fantasy football message board was also a place of honor and respect. The men who gathered there knew that they were part of a brotherhood, a fraternity of warriors who shared a common love for the game.

And so they fought and argued, laughed and commiserated, always striving to be the best they could be, and always willing to lend a hand to a brother in need. For in the end, it was not the victories or the defeats that mattered, but the camaraderie and the spirit of competition that bound them all together.
Explain who Robert E Howard is like I'm five

Robert E. Howard was a man who wrote stories about heroes who fought bad guys a long time ago. He made up characters like Conan the Barbarian, who was really strong and brave, and Solomon Kane, who fought evil with a sword. He wrote lots of cool stories that people still like to read today.

Apparently it cannot do math or any real calculations or analysis at all. It just regurgitates information that it has access to (which is a lot of info) in a confident and human manner. More of a revolutionary natural language based search engine -- which actually has a lot of usefulness.

Last edited:
Apparently it cannot do math or any real calculations or analysis at all. It just regurgitates information that is has access to (which is a lot of info) in a confident and human manner. More of a revolutionary natural language based search engine -- which actually has a lot of usefulness.
Yeah. I actually put a ticket in for that error and they responded, or maybe chat gpt responded. They said best approach is ask for the way to manipulate this in a spreadsheet. Ok. Strange as this seems a basic function to me.

Apparently it cannot do math or any real calculations or analysis at all. It just regurgitates information that is has access to (which is a lot of info) in a confident and human manner. More of a revolutionary natural language based search engine -- which actually has a lot of usefulness.
Yeah. I actually put a ticket in for that error and they responded, or maybe chat gpt responded. They said best approach is ask for the way to manipulate this in a spreadsheet. Ok. Strange as this seems a basic function to me.

I listened to a podcast the other day, where the host asked a simple 3-digit multiplication question. ChatGPT gave a quick and confident answer -- but it was incorrect. Then the host asked ChatGPT why it was bad at math and it went into this whole thing about its capabilities. But if you didn't use a calculator to check the math, you would have just assumed ChatGPT was correct.

I listened to a podcast the other day, where the host asked a simple 3-digit multiplication question. ChatGPT gave a quick and confident answer -- but it was incorrect. Then the host asked ChatGPT why it was bad at math and it went into this whole thing about its capabilities. But if you didn't use a calculator to check the math, you would have just assumed ChatGPT was correct.
Yeah. It's odd. It's like it has no capabilities to go and push questions into a spreadsheet but can guide you how. If you want it to make a Google calendar invite it is good at instruction on how to code that in excel, but ****s up in giving it straight away also I just found out.

I now have a sick hobby of answering Quora questions with the credential "I have a ChatGPT account", and simply copying and posting ChatGPT's answer. What do you think about that?
As an AI language model, I don't have personal feelings or opinions. However, I would advise against copying and posting someone else's work as your own, regardless of the source of the information or the credentials you claim to have.

Copying and posting someone else's work without permission or attribution is a form of plagiarism and is considered unethical and potentially illegal. It also undermines the integrity of the content and can harm the credibility of the original author or source.

Instead of copying and pasting someone else's work, I encourage you to use your own knowledge and insights to answer questions in a thoughtful and original way. This will not only help you to develop your own skills and knowledge, but also provide more value to those seeking information or insights on a particular topic.

Who owns the content that ChatGPT creates?
As an AI language model developed by OpenAI, the content that ChatGPT creates is owned by OpenAI. OpenAI retains the intellectual property rights to the data, software, algorithms, and other components that make up the system, as well as any outputs or results generated by the model.
Users are free to use the responses and content generated by ChatGPT for personal and non-commercial purposes, such as seeking information or advice on a particular topic. However, any commercial use or reproduction of the content without the explicit permission of OpenAI is strictly prohibited.
It is also important to note that the responses generated by ChatGPT are based on the input and context provided by the user, and are intended to be informative and helpful, but should not be taken as professional advice or a substitute for expert consultation.

Who owns the content that DALL-E creates?
DALL-E is an AI-powered image generation system developed by OpenAI that is capable of creating original digital images based on textual input. As with other AI-generated content, the ownership of the images created by DALL-E is not entirely clear-cut, and is a subject of ongoing debate and discussion.

Technically speaking, the images generated by DALL-E would be owned by OpenAI, which retains the intellectual property rights to the system and its outputs. However, it is also possible that the images could be subject to other forms of legal protection, such as copyright or trademark laws, depending on the specific context and intended use of the images.

Given the relatively new and rapidly-evolving nature of AI-generated content, the legal and ethical considerations surrounding the ownership and use of such content are still being explored and debated by experts and policymakers around the world.

Create a 5 day meal plan with two meals plus one snack per day having a daily maximum of 1800 calories at 5% carbohydrate, 55% fat and 40% protein. Include no fish or shellfish and no rice. Only use olive oil and butter for cooking oils

Sure, here's a 5-day meal plan that meets your specifications:
Day 1: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Scrambled eggs (2 eggs) cooked with 1 tbsp butter and served with 1 medium avocado (sliced) on the side. Total calories: 506 calories, 7g carbs, 47g fat, 16g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small apple (70 calories)
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) seasoned with herbs and cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Served with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (zucchini, red bell pepper, onion) drizzled with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 447 calories, 10g carbs, 30g fat, 36g protein.
  • Snack: 1 cup of mixed berries (70 calories)
Day 2: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Omelet (2 eggs) with 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and cooked with 1 tbsp butter. Total calories: 479 calories, 6g carbs, 40g fat, 24g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small banana (90 calories)
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Beef burger (4 oz) with lettuce and tomato on top, cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Served with sweet potato wedges (1 cup) roasted with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 524 calories, 40g carbs, 29g fat, 31g protein.
  • Snack: 1 oz almonds (170 calories)
Day 3: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Greek yogurt (1 cup) with mixed berries (1/2 cup) and 1 oz chopped nuts. Total calories: 383 calories, 14g carbs, 25g fat, 25g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken thigh (4 oz) with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (broccoli, cauliflower, red onion) cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 449 calories, 14g carbs, 31g fat, 27g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small pear (60 calories)
Day 4: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Low-carb pancakes (2) made with almond flour and eggs, topped with 1 tbsp butter and sugar-free maple syrup. Total calories: 424 calories, 7g carbs, 36g fat, 15g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small banana (90 calories)
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Turkey breast (4 oz) with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (asparagus, Brussels sprouts, garlic) cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 433 calories, 16g carbs, 20g fat, 50g protein.
  • Snack: 1 oz cheddar cheese (115 calories)
Day 5: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Scrambled eggs (2) with 1/2 cup sautéed spinach and 1 oz feta cheese, cooked with 1 tbsp butter. Total calories: 391 calories, 4g carbs, 32g fat, 20g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) with roasted Brussels sprouts (1 cup) and roasted sweet potato (1/2 cup), cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 498 calories, 26g carbs, 27

Create a shopping list for this with approximate prices

Sure, here's a shopping list for the meal plan with approximate prices based on US prices. Please note that prices may vary depending on your location and the time of year:
Produce:
  • Avocado (5): $5
  • Spinach (10 oz): $3
  • Bell pepper (3): $3
  • Zucchini (2): $2
  • Onion (1): $1
  • Broccoli (1 head): $2
  • Cauliflower (1 head): $3
  • Garlic (1 bulb): $1
  • Asparagus (1 bunch): $4
  • Brussels sprouts (1 lb): $3
  • Sweet potato (4): $4
  • Apples (10): $10
  • Bananas (10): $2
  • Mixed berries (2 cups): $8
  • Pears (5): $5
Meat/Dairy:
  • Eggs (24): $4
  • Chicken breast (1 lb): $8
  • Chicken thighs (1 lb): $6
  • Beef burger (4 patties): $10
  • Turkey breast (1 lb): $8
  • Feta cheese (4 oz): $4
  • Cheddar cheese (8 oz): $4
  • Greek yogurt (32 oz): $5
  • Butter (8 oz): $2
  • Almonds (6 oz): $6
Pantry:
  • Almond flour (1 lb): $8
  • Sugar-free maple syrup (12 oz): $6
  • Olive oil (16 oz): $6
Total cost: $122
Please note that prices may vary based on your location and the time of year. Additionally, this is just an estimated cost based on US prices and may differ in other regions.

Last edited:
Should I need to teach it math?

It got the first sentence in question 3 wrong and question 4 wrong. I indicated the error in question 5. Keep in mind, I already had worked this out on my own, but I was testing to see if it would get the same results as I did.

I need help implementing a holiday work schedule for my staff
Sure, I'd be happy to help you implement a holiday work schedule for your staff. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Identify the holidays that you want to include in the holiday work schedule. These could include public holidays, religious holidays, and company-specific holidays.
  2. Determine which of your staff will be required to work on each holiday. This will depend on the nature of your business and the staffing requirements for each day.
  3. Establish a fair and equitable system for assigning holiday work shifts. You may want to consider factors such as seniority, job function, and employee preferences.
  4. Set clear expectations for holiday work, including the hours of operation and the required work schedule. Make sure to communicate these expectations clearly to your staff.
  5. Consider offering incentives or bonuses for staff who work on holidays, such as premium pay, extra time off, or other rewards.
  6. Make sure that your staff have adequate time to plan and prepare for holiday work shifts. Provide them with as much advance notice as possible so that they can make arrangements for childcare, travel, or other obligations.
  7. Review and adjust the holiday work schedule as needed to ensure that it is working effectively for both your staff and your business.
By following these steps, you can create a holiday work schedule that is fair, equitable, and efficient for your staff and your business. Good luck!

I have 28 holiday shifts and 11 employees. how can i distribute those evenly?
To distribute the 28 holiday shifts evenly among your 11 employees, you can follow these steps:
  1. Divide the total number of holiday shifts by the number of employees: 28 ÷ 11 = 2.54 (rounded to 2.5).
  2. Assign each employee 2 or 3 holiday shifts, depending on the rounding. If you round down, each employee will have 2 holiday shifts, and if you round up, each employee will have 3 holiday shifts.
  3. Rotate the holiday shifts among your employees so that each person has an equal chance of working on any given holiday.
  4. If some employees prefer to work on specific holidays, try to accommodate their preferences as much as possible while still ensuring that the workload is distributed evenly.
By following these steps, you can distribute the holiday shifts evenly among your employees and ensure that everyone has a fair and equal opportunity to work on holidays.

If i give 6 employees 2 shifts and 5 employees 3 shifts, does that account for all shifts?
Let's check if giving 6 employees 2 shifts and 5 employees 3 shifts accounts for all 28 holiday shifts:
6 employees x 2 shifts = 12 shifts 5 employees x 3 shifts = 15 shifts
Total number of shifts = 12 + 15 = 27 shifts
So this distribution accounts for 27 out of 28 holiday shifts. You can assign the remaining shift to one of the employees who only received 2 shifts, or rotate it among all the employees to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to work on holidays.
Alternatively, you can adjust the number of shifts for each employee to ensure that all 28 holiday shifts are accounted for. For example, you can give 6 employees 3 shifts and 5 employees 2 shifts, or you can give all 11 employees 2-3 shifts each, depending on your business needs and staffing requirements.

If I give 5 employees 2 shifts and 6 employees 3 shifts, does that account for all shifts?
No, giving 5 employees 2 shifts and 6 employees 3 shifts would account for a total of 27 holiday shifts, leaving 1 shift unassigned.
To distribute all 28 holiday shifts among your 11 employees, you could consider other options such as:
  • Giving all employees 2-3 shifts each, depending on your business needs and staffing requirements.
  • Randomly assigning the remaining shift to one of the employees who only received 2 shifts, or rotating it among all the employees to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to work on holidays.
Remember to also rotate the holiday shifts among your employees so that each person has an equal chance of working on any given holiday. This will help ensure fairness and equity in the distribution of holiday shifts.

I don't agree with your answer. 5 employees x 2 shifts = 10. 6 employees x 3 shifts = 18. The total is 28. You said the total was 27
You are correct, and I apologize for my mistake. Thank you for pointing it out.
Giving 5 employees 2 shifts and 6 employees 3 shifts would indeed account for all 28 holiday shifts.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I hope my previous response did not cause any confusion.

I will ask again: if I give 5 employees 2 shifts and 6 employees 3 shifts, does that account for all shifts?
Yes, giving 5 employees 2 shifts and 6 employees 3 shifts will account for all 28 holiday shifts.
5 employees x 2 shifts = 10 shifts 6 employees x 3 shifts = 18 shifts
Total number of shifts = 10 + 18 = 28 shifts
So, this distribution accounts for all 28 holiday shifts.

This is very interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

Question for @Keerock : did you fact check any of the calorie totals for accuracy, and/or did you check any of the cost assumptions for reasonableness? Interesting that it didn't total the cost correctly. By my count, the total spend should be $133, not $122.

This is very interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

Question for @Keerock : did you fact check any of the calorie totals for accuracy, and/or did you check any of the cost assumptions for reasonableness? Interesting that it didn't total the cost correctly. By my count, the total spend should be $133, not $122.
No fact checking was done. I believe everything I'm told.

Pretty good thinky thing from Ezra Klein.

This was a deep thought for me...
“The broader intellectual world seems to wildly overestimate how long it will take A.I. systems to go from ‘large impact on the world’ to ‘unrecognizably transformed world,’” Paul Christiano, a key member of OpenAI who left to found the Alignment Research Center, wrote last year. “This is more likely to be years than decades, and there’s a real chance that it’s months.”

Perhaps the developers will hit a wall they do not expect. But what if they don’t?

I find myself thinking back to the early days of Covid. There were weeks when it was clear that lockdowns were coming, that the world was tilting into crisis, and yet normalcy reigned, and you sounded like a loon telling your family to stock up on toilet paper. There was the difficulty of living in exponential time, the impossible task of speeding policy and social change to match the rate of viral replication. I suspect that some of the political and social damage we still carry from the pandemic reflects that impossible acceleration. There is a natural pace to human deliberation. A lot breaks when we are denied the luxury of time.

This thing cracks me up sometimes with how deep it reaches to come up with an answer.
I laughed out loud at #4

Hornets can provide several benefits to your property, including:

1. Pest control
  2. Pollination
  3. Ecosystem balance
  4. Aesthetic appeal: Some hornet species, such as the European hornet, can be visually appealing

Users who are viewing this thread