What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Check in here if... (1 Viewer)

Unlucky

Phenom
I'm officially burnt out. I really don't want to watch a minute of this draft. At first I was excited that ESPN started their draft coverage a month ago. Now, if I don't hear about Bush, Leinhart, or Young for three months, I couldn't be happier.

It's not like I'm going to see any new footage or discussion of any of the players. I've already seen it a zillion times on Sportscenter, the Sportscenter draft special, etc. I think 25% of ESPN programming has been about the draft over the past month. If I read online where everyone got drafted, what will I have missed out on? More Mel Kiper hype?

Don't even start with the excitement and anticipation of what's going to happen next. If the picks came in every 3 minutes, I might be interested. 4 hours for the top 20 isn't turning me on right now.

Go ahead, flame away! :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be golfing until at least 2pm :shrug: I'm sure I'll watch some after that but I don't feel like I'm missing much...I'll be caught up 2 minutes after I turn it on.

I would love to watch it, but I don't have cable so I'll probably just listen to it on the radio.

I'll be in an all day hockey tournament, so not only will I not watch it, but I probably won't even find out what happened until the next day...

I would love to watch it, but I don't have cable so I'll probably just listen to it on the radio.
Ditto. Don't even have ESPN.

Tivo'ing both days...it'll be interested to see how much cruft I fast forward through...

We will be celebrating my wife's birthday with family, so I'm not going to see any of it. In the past, I've been able to work around her birthday to see the draft, but with our first child due in less than two weeks, I'll happily be missing my first draft in about 15 years.

Tivo'ing both days...it'll be interested to see how much cruft I fast forward through...
I doubt I'd watch this at all if I Tivo'd it.How often do you watch a game after tivoing it?

I officially retired for an all day viewing last year for one simple reason. The freakin' time inbetween picks in the first round is painfully looooong. Having a wife and kids you only get so many hall passes and you have to use them wisely. If the NFL cuts down on the time allotted for first round picks I'll be back in right away. Yet, as long as they stick with the 15 minute rule I'll check in thru the day and save the hall pass for another day.

Ditto. Don't even have ESPN.
I live in Japan, so can't watch it on t.v. or listen to it on the radio.
Just be sure to slap yourself on the thighs and throw some salt before each pick.
and take a sip of power water too, which I will ceremoniously switch to Asahi Super Dry and probably sneak more than just a sip.

I doubt I'd watch this at all if I Tivo'd it.How often do you watch a game after tivoing it?
Well I guess the answer is a qualified "often"...First to skip commercials...second to skip fields goals, extra points and kick offs...third, in particularly bad games or on days when I'm really short on time, the 30 second skip comes awfully close to jumping from tackle to snap, eliminating all the milling around and exhausting commentary...

Now, if you mean once I know the outcome in a bad game with no fatansy impact will I watch it?...possibly not...but with the above tricks it takes less than an hour to rip through a game, however bad...

I go through the same pattern evey year:

From February to the opening ceremonies (sp??) of the NFL draft, I am like goo-goo ga-ga over the hype and I am completely sucked into it...

After about 45 minutes of some pretty dry television, Michael Irvin, Sean Salisbury and Chris Berman angling for face time and running their traps...I see 3 picks.

Once I get to 1:15 (75 minutes into the NFL draft), I get frustrated at the pond-water speed the NFL draft moves along at and quickly start to lose interest.

Eventually I find myself checking in every hour or trying to figure out 'when' certain teams will pick and if I am interested in watching them.

To be honest, this is a very difficult event for a television crew to cover and keep an audience.

You can listen to the online radio coverage on Sporting News Radio online. Just go to shoutcast.com and search for "sporting news". They will have coverage both days.

Working a double-shift the night before and after, so I'll make the best of my 5.5-6 hours of sleep. I'll be recording it, so it'll be the 1st time I get to censor Irvin (which I've wanted to do for a while and may include Salisbury too). I hope I like skipping the crap enough to record it in future years but I envy those of you who have the opportunity to watch and despise you for shunning it!

I'm officially burnt out. I really don't want to watch a minute of this draft. At first I was excited that ESPN started their draft coverage a month ago. Now, if I don't hear about Bush, Leinhart, or Young for three months, I couldn't be happier.

It's not like I'm going to see any new footage or discussion of any of the players. I've already seen it a zillion times on Sportscenter, the Sportscenter draft special, etc. I think 25% of ESPN programming has been about the draft over the past month. If I read online where everyone got drafted, what will I have missed out on? More Mel Kiper hype?

Don't even start with the excitement and anticipation of what's going to happen next. If the picks came in every 3 minutes, I might be interested. 4 hours for the top 20 isn't turning me on right now.

I've been telling you guys to pace yourselves for quite a while. Premature seleculation stikes again.

Sending the little lady and the kids to Carowinds for the day. Beers start opening around 11 and the wings come out at 12. 10 out of 12 owners from local league to arrive somewhere in between, bringing more beer and snacks. Printed out the large draft board at work (during lunch hour of course) to hang on the wall. Hopefully I'll still be standing when the Panthers draft around 6:00 tomorrow night.Good times.

We will be celebrating my wife's birthday with family, so I'm not going to see any of it. In the past, I've been able to work around her birthday to see the draft, but with our first child due in less than two weeks, I'll happily be missing my first draft in about 15 years.
This is no way to raise a child. :mellow:

I go through the same pattern evey year:

From February to the opening ceremonies (sp??) of the NFL draft, I am like goo-goo ga-ga over the hype and I am completely sucked into it...

After about 45 minutes of some pretty dry television, Michael Irvin, Sean Salisbury and Chris Berman angling for face time and running their traps...I see 3 picks.

Once I get to 1:15 (75 minutes into the NFL draft), I get frustrated at the pond-water speed the NFL draft moves along at and quickly start to lose interest.

Eventually I find myself checking in every hour or trying to figure out 'when' certain teams will pick and if I am interested in watching them.

To be honest, this is a very difficult event for a television crew to cover and keep an audience.
The same happens with me, though when I hit the frustration point I toss a football video game into the Xbox and play with the sound left on the draft so I can hear the picks.

I always get together with a group of buddies and watch the draft while playing cards and grilling some good grub. It helps with the excitement when your favorite team is drafting early.

However, if the weather is nice I'll be taking my new Harley out for a ride!

Oh this thread just reminded me, I'll be back in a minute, I need to go to a cat lovers board and post how burnt out I am of talking about cats. Be right back.

with NBA playoffs, hockey playoffs, baseball in full swing, a HP dynasty football draft going on at same time, a wife and kids comeing in and out at all times.... this draft will never get bored to me! The remote will be in full use, my computer, my giant big screen and my 26 inch TV will all be in full use.

My WAR room is called a WAR room for a reason! :banned:

I officially retired for an all day viewing last year for one simple reason. The freakin' time inbetween picks in the first round is painfully looooong. Having a wife and kids you only get so many hall passes and you have to use them wisely. If the NFL cuts down on the time allotted for first round picks I'll be back in right away. Yet, as long as they stick with the 15 minute rule I'll check in thru the day and save the hall pass for another day.
:goodposting: GB Sirius radio while working in the yard. Last year KNBR (SF radio) didn't come in, and for some reason I got the Charger :X station in clearly.

I officially retired for an all day viewing last year for one simple reason.  The freakin' time inbetween picks in the first round is painfully looooong.  Having a wife and kids you only get so many hall passes and you have to use them wisely.  If the NFL cuts down on the time allotted for first round picks I'll be back in right away.  Yet, as long as they stick with the 15 minute rule I'll check in thru the day and save the hall pass for another day.
:goodposting: GB Sirius radio while working in the yard. Last year KNBR (SF radio) didn't come in, and for some reason I got the Charger :X station in clearly.
The draft is definetly something that translates very well to radio. You can still get your draft fix while getting other things done.

Users who are viewing this thread