What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chinese Elite Paid Hunter and the Biden’s 31 million (1 Viewer)

We all know what Hunter was selling. He offered no product or service. Had zero experience in anything other than grift and was the bagman for his corrupted father. Devin Archer is in prison and this guy is selling 5th grade level paintings for half a million a pop while strung out on meth.

Your first sentence is valid.  Your 2nd, irrelevant.  People make bad investments all the time.
But the second is what matters when it comes to politics and corruption.

If its all paying Hunter for promises he can’t keep.   So what (beyond him being a bad person and likely criminal…investigate that and punish accordingly).

But the second is what matters when it comes to politics and corruption.

If its all paying Hunter for promises he can’t keep.   So what (beyond him being a bad person and likely criminal…investigate that and punish accordingly).

I don't care about Hunter.  If the Chinese want to pay HUNTER for nothing so be it.  I care about them paying for access to Joe.  I also think there's enough at least circumstantial evidence that some of the money went to Joe.  And that is what concerns me . Whether Hunter and Joe came through with anything tangible in return doesn't concern me.  Just the possibility that they paid for the possibility of political favors in return is the concern.  It should have been investigated when the evidence first came out.  But it was buried by the MSM to get Joe elected.  That should concern everyone.  But.....SIDES!!!!

People of power and influence (and their family and friends) have been paid (usually wildly over paid) for one thing or another since time immemorial.  This is not shocking or new.   I would wager heavily that the list of Chinese (and Russian and Saudi and etc etc etc) money in our politicians pocket is staggering.  I’m all for punishing them all where applicable but it would only be a drop in the bucket.  

So what's the allegation here?

Hunter got paid highly for zero work as a means of currying favor or gaining access to Joe Biden either as VP or as an unelected private citizen with high potential to be POTUS.

OK, that's worth looking into. 

Do we have any evidence that favor or access was gained through said shady dealings of Hunter?

I don't care about Hunter.  If the Chinese want to pay HUNTER for nothing so be it.  I care about them paying for access to Joe.  I also think there's enough at least circumstantial evidence that some of the money went to Joe.  And that is what concerns me . Whether Hunter and Joe came through with anything tangible in return doesn't concern me.  Just the possibility that they paid for the possibility of political favors in return is the concern.  It should have been investigated when the evidence first came out.  But it was buried by the MSM to get Joe elected.  That should concern everyone.  But.....SIDES!!!!
Which is what he said…what was the return on their investment.  Actual access to Biden while in office would be a return on their investment.

I believe the FBI is investigating.  There is no real evidence among much of anything to a real connection to Joe.  

What's with "SIDES!!!!"?  Is anyone deflecting or "whatabout"ing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is what he said…what was the return on their investment.  Actual access to Biden while in office would be a return on their investment.

I believe the FBI is investigating.  There is no real evidence among much of anything to a real connection to Joe.  

It doesn't matter if there was a return on the investment.  Ahh, never mind.  You wouldn't understand.

It doesn't matter if there was a return on the investment.  Ahh, never mind.  You wouldn't understand.
Sure it does..if Hunter Biden was making promises of access to Joe and promises he could not keep.  That makes him sleazy and corrupt. 

If he was making promises for access that is then given (Im calling this a return on investment)…that becomes a huge deal.

Gotcha.  So it's a rant about the MSM?  Carry on.

Not at all.  It was dismissed in these forums just as much as by the MSM.  Then people like Sho come out almost two years later and go "yeah, investigate!!!".  Show me where he/you/any lefties said to do that THEN. 

Not at all.  It was dismissed in these forums just as much as by the MSM.  Then people like Sho come out almost two years later and go "yeah, investigate!!!".  Show me where he/you/any lefties said to do that THEN. 
Nah.  Search function sucks.  

Ive said investigate it from day one.  I believe the FBI has been..they have laptop.

I have been consistent with any corruption…investigate it.  I want it out.

Dont make accusations you refuse to back up.

Ive said investigate it from day one.  I believe the FBI has been..they have laptop.

I have been consistent with any corruption…investigate it.  I want it out.

Dont make accusations you refuse to back up.

You sound like Squisition.

People of power and influence (and their family and friends) have been paid (usually wildly over paid) for one thing or another since time immemorial.  This is not shocking or new.   I would wager heavily that the list of Chinese (and Russian and Saudi and etc etc etc) money in our politicians pocket is staggering.  I’m all for punishing them all where applicable but it would only be a drop in the bucket.  

LOGICAL FALLACY: Argumentum Ad Populum

Argumentum ad populum (Latin for "argument to the people") is a logical fallacy that occurs when something is considered to be true or good solely because it is popular. Undoubtedly many popular notions are true, but their truth is not a function of their popularity, except in circumstances where other factors ensure that popularity is related to truth. The fallacy is the opposite of an appeal to the minority....The fallacy is an appeal to authority and a conditional fallacy.

"Everyone does it!"

This logical fallacy is often used by children as an excuse for wanting something (everybody's got one) or getting into mischief (everybody's doing it). Despite the juvenile nature of the argument, it is often used by people who should know better, particularly by those who are trying to force other people to their way of thinking.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Direct Headline: This Hunter Biden deal in a foreign country really does look bad

We should require all candidates for high office to report their foreign financial interests and those of their immediate family members...According to a report last week from The Washington Post...Over the course of 14 months, the Chinese energy conglomerate and its executives paid $4.8 million to entities controlled by Hunter Biden and his uncle, according to government records, court documents and newly disclosed bank statements, as well as emails contained on a copy of a laptop hard drive that purportedly once belonged to Hunter Biden.”...Hunter’s uncle James Biden is the president’s brother, and the contract in question, according to The Post, provided Hunter Biden a one-time retainer of $500,000, in addition to monthly stipends of $100,000 for him and $65,000 for his uncle....

... The deal happened after Joe Biden was vice president and before he announced he was running for president. ...I asserted during former President Donald Trump’s term that this kind of mandatory financial disclosure — at least for congressional, vice presidential and presidential candidates — would allow the public to more fully vet candidates for the national security risks they could present....CEFC may claim it’s a “private” company, but when it comes to major Chinese entities, there’s no such thing as private and no way to politely decline the strong arm of the Chinese intelligence services....CEFC may claim it’s a “private” company, but when it comes to major Chinese entities, there’s no such thing...

....Ye, according to the newspaper’s investigation, asked Hunter Biden to determine whether another CEFC official was under federal investigation. That official was indeed being investigated by the FBI, which, according to court records, had the official under electronic surveillance. Biden, an attorney, signed an agreement to represent that official in return for a $1 million retainer. When the FBI eventually took his client into custody at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, the arrested CEFC executive, according to police records cited by The Post, placed a call to James Biden just nine minutes later. Reuters reported in early 2018 that Ye had been taken in for questioning for suspected economic crimes.....

By Frank Figliuzzi, April 6, 2022, 3:12 AM PDT

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/hunter-biden-s-business-bad-look-here-s-how-fix-n1294057

This is ugly. Even MSNBC, which veers hard left as essentially state media propaganda for the DNC can't defend the optics around this.

But everyone does it!

Look at Billy, he got away with it! Why am I being punished for it! Why are you taking my Legos away!

"Where Applicable" seems an awful lot like "Just Republicans"

You do you. Go on and snatch as many Legos as you can from everyone else.

seriously, can someone explain why this story from January is being posted today?  Did something new come to light or is this just part of some obsession?

So much of our hard-earned money goes to China these days, it really is refreshing to see some of it come back to America where it belongs. Good for President Biden.

Dead wrong.  

While you love to classify people (especially calling them “radical left”) I didn’t vote For Biden (on the record long before his nomination that it was a disaster pick for them) and am not left.  I’m more then happy for accountability to reign supreme in DC, its long over due.  

LOGICAL FALLACY: Ad Hominem

The Latin phrase argumentum ad hominem stands for "argument against the person"...Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, refers to several types of arguments, some but not all of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Direct Headline: How Hunter Biden’s Firm Helped Secure Cobalt for the Chinese

The president’s son was part owner of a venture involved in the $3.8 billion purchase by a Chinese conglomerate of one of the world’s largest cobalt deposits. The metal is a key ingredient in batteries for electric vehicles....An investment firm where Hunter Biden, the president’s son, was a founding board member helped facilitate a Chinese company’s purchase from an American company of one of the world’s richest cobalt mines, located in the Democratic Republic of Congo....Mr. Biden and two other Americans joined Chinese partners in establishing the firm in 2013, known as BHR and formally named Bohai Harvest RST (Shanghai) Equity Investment Fund Management Company....The firm made one of its most successful investments in 2016, when it bought and later sold a stake in CATL, a fast-growing Chinese company that is now the world’s biggest maker of batteries for electric vehicles....

....Records in Hong Kong show that the $1.14 billion BHR, through subsidiaries, paid to buy out Lundin came entirely from Chinese state-backed companies....China Molybdenum lined up about $700 million of that total as loans from Chinese state-backed banks, including China Construction Bank. ...But BHR’s role in the Chinese mine purchase was not a major focus. It has taken on new relevance because the Biden administration warned this year that China might use its growing dominance of cobalt to disrupt America’s retooling of its auto industry to make electric vehicles. The metal is among several key ingredients in electric car batteries....

By Michael Forsythe, Eric Lipton and Dionne Searcey Dec. 7, 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/world/hunter-biden-china-cobalt.html

You apparently don't see the relevance in Hunter Biden, outed as a crackhead and accused of being a "bagman" for Joe Biden aka "The Big Guy" in terms of political quid pro quo, being a part of a deal that links himself to the CCP through state controlled Chinese banks so that Chinese business interests can control the Cobalt market, which is a critical component in electric car batteries, all the while Joe Biden pushes public policy to kill fossil fuels and American energy independence by literally cornering Americans to buy an EV or otherwise by crushed by out of control gasoline prices if they persist in owning an ICE vehicle. Of course this shades over the issue that drilling for oil and mining for natural gas goes hand in hand, thus if you threaten oil production, you naturally cause problems for the natural gas industry as well.

Biden's goal is carbon free emissions by 2035. How do you achieve that when electric vehicles, particularly how the batteries are sourced and made, also create a negative environmental impact. The point of the push for EV's is to help fight climate change and protect the environment. How do you do that if the super chargers and charger infrastructure will still be powered mostly through oil, natural gas and coal? This is the stated goal of Biden and his administration. If EV's aren't all powered by clean energy, then what is the point to help the environment?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/08/as-prices-rise-64-percent-of-americans-live-paycheck-to-paycheck.html

64 percent of working Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Explain how they afford these new electric vehicles in the first place? Especially as rising inflation is hurting them everywhere, in all basic necessities and housing?

And "No", the current grid cannot support widespread EV's like Biden wants. The limited EV's in place right now, Yes. As I pointed out eralier, natural gas which is our largest source of electricity, is a byproduct of drilling for crude oil. Stopping drilling for crude, or massive reduction as such, means little or no natural gas as well. That would reduce our electric generation by about a third by itself.

California residents own 42 percent of all EV's in America. Yes, the same state with rolling black outs and brown outs and rough energy projections for the next five years.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/california-faces-summer-blackouts-from-climate-extremes/

The more you stack up the issues in play, the more the only motive left is greed and payoffs for Hunter Biden, Joe Biden and "Uncle" James Biden. Because none of the rest of the public policy that Joe Biden is pushing has any logical pathway to help the American people, particularly the working class everyday people.

I'm bringing information, facts and context. You are bringing cheap logical fallacy bombing while making excuses.

You do you. I'll continue to actually cover the OP's topic and raise the level of discussion.

LOGICAL FALLACY: Ad Hominem

The Latin phrase argumentum ad hominem stands for "argument against the person"...Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, refers to several types of arguments, some but not all of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Direct Headline: How Hunter Biden’s Firm Helped Secure Cobalt for the Chinese

The president’s son was part owner of a venture involved in the $3.8 billion purchase by a Chinese conglomerate of one of the world’s largest cobalt deposits. The metal is a key ingredient in batteries for electric vehicles....An investment firm where Hunter Biden, the president’s son, was a founding board member helped facilitate a Chinese company’s purchase from an American company of one of the world’s richest cobalt mines, located in the Democratic Republic of Congo....Mr. Biden and two other Americans joined Chinese partners in establishing the firm in 2013, known as BHR and formally named Bohai Harvest RST (Shanghai) Equity Investment Fund Management Company....The firm made one of its most successful investments in 2016, when it bought and later sold a stake in CATL, a fast-growing Chinese company that is now the world’s biggest maker of batteries for electric vehicles....

....Records in Hong Kong show that the $1.14 billion BHR, through subsidiaries, paid to buy out Lundin came entirely from Chinese state-backed companies....China Molybdenum lined up about $700 million of that total as loans from Chinese state-backed banks, including China Construction Bank. ...But BHR’s role in the Chinese mine purchase was not a major focus. It has taken on new relevance because the Biden administration warned this year that China might use its growing dominance of cobalt to disrupt America’s retooling of its auto industry to make electric vehicles. The metal is among several key ingredients in electric car batteries....

By Michael Forsythe, Eric Lipton and Dionne Searcey Dec. 7, 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/world/hunter-biden-china-cobalt.html

You apparently don't see the relevance in Hunter Biden, outed as a crackhead and accused of being a "bagman" for Joe Biden aka "The Big Guy" in terms of political quid pro quo, being a part of a deal that links himself to the CCP through state controlled Chinese banks so that Chinese business interests can control the Cobalt market, which is a critical component in electric car batteries, all the while Joe Biden pushes public policy to kill fossil fuels and American energy independence by literally cornering Americans to buy an EV or otherwise by crushed by out of control gasoline prices if they persist in owning an ICE vehicle. Of course this shades over the issue that drilling for oil and mining for natural gas goes hand in hand, thus if you threaten oil production, you naturally cause problems for the natural gas industry as well.

Biden's goal is carbon free emissions by 2035. How do you achieve that when electric vehicles, particularly how the batteries are sourced and made, also create a negative environmental impact. The point of the push for EV's is to help fight climate change and protect the environment. How do you do that if the super chargers and charger infrastructure will still be powered mostly through oil, natural gas and coal? This is the stated goal of Biden and his administration. If EV's aren't all powered by clean energy, then what is the point to help the environment?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/08/as-prices-rise-64-percent-of-americans-live-paycheck-to-paycheck.html

64 percent of working Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Explain how they afford these new electric vehicles in the first place? Especially as rising inflation is hurting them everywhere, in all basic necessities and housing?

And "No", the current grid cannot support widespread EV's like Biden wants. The limited EV's in place right now, Yes. As I pointed out eralier, natural gas which is our largest source of electricity, is a byproduct of drilling for crude oil. Stopping drilling for crude, or massive reduction as such, means little or no natural gas as well. That would reduce our electric generation by about a third by itself.

California residents own 42 percent of all EV's in America. Yes, the same state with rolling black outs and brown outs and rough energy projections for the next five years.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/california-faces-summer-blackouts-from-climate-extremes/

The more you stack up the issues in play, the more the only motive left is greed and payoffs for Hunter Biden, Joe Biden and "Uncle" James Biden. Because none of the rest of the public policy that Joe Biden is pushing has any logical pathway to help the American people, particularly the working class everyday people.

I'm bringing information, facts and context. You are bringing cheap logical fallacy bombing while making excuses.

You do you. I'll continue to actually cover the OP's topic and raise the level of discussion.
What? I’m sorry I didn’t read.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead wrong.  While you love to classify people (especially calling them “radical left”) I didn’t vote For Biden (on the record long before his nomination that it was a disaster pick for them) and am not left.  I’m more then happy for accountability to reign supreme in DC, its long over due.  

What? I’m sorry I didn’t read.  

Direct Headline: Inside Hunter Biden’s multi million-dollar deals with a Chinese energy company

A Washington Post review confirms key details and offers new documentation of Biden family interactions with Chinese executives...While many aspects of Hunter Biden’s financial arrangement with CEFC China Energy have been previously reported and were included in a Republican-led Senate report from 2020, a Washington Post review confirmed many of the key details and found additional documents showing Biden family interactions with Chinese executives....Over the course of 14 months, the Chinese energy conglomerate and its executives paid $4.8 million to entities controlled by Hunter Biden and his uncle, according to government records, court documents and newly disclosed bank statements, as well as emails contained on a copy of a laptop hard drive that purportedly once belonged to Hunter Biden....

....But the new documents — which include a signed copy of a $1 million legal retainer, emails related to the wire transfers, and $3.8 million in consulting fees that are confirmed in new bank records and agreements signed by Hunter Biden — illustrate the ways in which his family profited from relationships built over Joe Biden’s decades in public service....Hunter Biden signed an agreement for a $1 million retainer to represent Patrick Ho, a CEFC official who would later be charged in the United States in connection with a multimillion-dollar scheme to bribe leaders from Chad and Uganda. Verified emails, and new banking records, show that the money was transferred to an account linked to Hunter Biden....

...Hunter Biden’s overseas work has been the subject of heightened scrutiny. He has been under federal investigation as part of an inquiry into his taxes, with witnesses called before a grand jury as recently as last month. Federal prosecutors had been attempting to determine if he failed to account for income from China-related deals, The Post has previously reported, although it is unclear whether that is still a focus. Republicans, meanwhile, have pointed to the Biden family’s business deals in China, along with Hunter Biden’s past membership on the board of the Ukrainian energy firm Burisma, as potential conflicts of interest....

....During divorce proceedings with his wife Kathleen, a court filing in the case described outstanding debts [that] are shocking and overwhelming,” with the couple carrying maxed-out credit cards, double mortgages on both properties they owned and a tax debt of $313,970. Three checks to their housekeeper had bounced, and they owed money to medical providers and therapists, according to a February 2017 filing in D.C. Superior Court.....Vuk Jeremic, a Serbian politician who had recently served as president of the U.N. General Assembly, wrote in an email to the younger Biden that he was hosting a small private dinner in Washington with Ye — whom he called “one of the 10 wealthiest Chinese businessmen” — and wanted Hunter to attend....“He’s young and dynamic, with the top-level connections in his country....”

.....CEFC, a massive oil and gas company founded in 2002, had financing from government development banks and ties to the Chinese Communist Party and the People’s Liberation Army, according to people who studied the firm. Ye’s official biography said he was once deputy secretary of the China Association for International Friendly Contact, an organization that a 2011 U.S. congressional report called “a front” for the People’s Liberation Army.....The money began flowing almost immediately, with the first incoming wire of $5 million arriving on Aug. 8, 2017, according to documents found on the copy of Hunter Biden’s laptop and corroborated by identical bank statements that Grassley’s office obtained from Cathay Bank for an account jointly held by Hunter Biden and CEFC executives....He also requested keys for his new office mates: his father, Joe; his mother, Jill; his uncle James; and the Chinese executive, Gongwen Dong....

....During the time the CEFC relationship was active, funds were being transferred from Hunter Biden to his uncle, records show. All told, nearly $1.4 million went from Hunter’s company to one controlled by James Biden, according to a 2020 report....The transactions were identified as potential criminal activity, a designation meant to flag potential money laundering, political corruption or other financial crimes, according to a report from the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network at the Treasury Department that was reviewed by The Post.....When James and Sara Biden’s bank contacted them about the transactions, they would not provide supporting documentation to explain the activity and closed the account, according to records reviewed by The Post.....

By Matt Viser, Tom Hamburger and Craig Timberg March 30, 2022 at 11:04 a.m. EDT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-china-laptop/

Here's more you won't read.

Hunter Biden, a notorious crack head, where his massive debt is now a part of public record, was financially bailed out by "investors" that have direct ties to banks run by the CCP and PLA.  The current DOJ is slow walking any investigation into Hunter Biden and James Biden's taxes because Joe Biden is in office and it would cost Mid Term votes. Hunter Biden sets up a new business office for his budding relationship with CCP false fronts as proxies, and then demands that good old dad Joe Biden (Happy Fathers Day right?) gets a new set of keys for himself.

When James Biden's bank says, "Hey, we need to talk about this, we red flagged you for financial behavior in line with typical criminals and money launderers", then Uncle James cut tail and ran.

Is all this, while working class Americans are getting hammered at the gas pump so Joe Biden can push his Electric Vehicle policy by literal force upon the entire country and gutting our domestic fossil fuel industry as well, with a clear pathway towards financial quid pro quo from America's largest threat in China, just as you say, "a drop in the bucket"?

Say the words now. Say them. Say it's "just a drop in the bucket"

My point was some of the allegations even were for things when he wasn’t VP.  Its a big deal if Joe is involved…Ive said as much. 
Who gives a #### if there were a handful of incidents when Joe wasn’t VP?  How about we focus on the ones when he WAS the VP?  It’s a big deal.  This corruption, sadly, is fairly common.  And it’s a problem.  Why is it so hard to condemn this?  I voted for Biden — and despite that, I consider this “game” that gets played to be a disturbing form of corruption.  It’s pay to play.  Plain and simple.

Who gives a #### if there were a handful of incidents when Joe wasn’t VP?  How about we focus on the ones when he WAS the VP?  It’s a big deal.  This corruption, sadly, is fairly common.  And it’s a problem.  Why is it so hard to condemn this?  I voted for Biden — and despite that, I consider this “game” that gets played to be a disturbing form of corruption.  It’s pay to play.  Plain and simple.
Agreed 100%.

If one was a never-trumper on the basis of anti-corruption, one should also be anti-Biden corruption (assuming these allegations hold water).

Which incidents involved Joe doing anything corrupt, wrong, or illegal.  Then its a big deal.  His son being a bad actor is not a big deal on its own.

I condemn if Joe was involved…I condemn Hunter Biden.  Ive said as much…Ive said investigate it.

How hard is to read the actual words people have said and repeated?

Which incidents involved Joe doing anything corrupt, wrong, or illegal.  Then its a big deal.  His son being a bad actor is not a big deal on its own.

I condemn if Joe was involved…I condemn Hunter Biden.  Ive said as much…Ive said investigate it.

How hard is to read the actual words people have said and repeated?
Give me a break.  This is how the system works.  Nobody was giving crack addict Hunter Biden money because of his skillz.   They were paying for access.  You know this.

Give me a break.  This is how the system works.  Nobody was giving crack addict Hunter Biden money because of his skillz.   They were paying for access.  You know this.
They paid him because he boasted access.  Because of his name.  That is nothing new with someone getting put on a board or so on.

What matters is if there was access actually given.  And this far there is no real evidence of actual access..beyond a meeting once where the guy involved said Joe didn’t want to talk about business stuff (IIRC)

So give me a break…investigate it (I believe the FbI has been investigating Hunter)…if they find access like that.   Throw the book at all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread