What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Henry (1 Viewer)

Bengals: Henry's knee will not require surgery01/10/06 11:24 AMTHE NEWSBengals coach Marvin Lewis said rookie wide receiver Chris Henry, who was injured Sunday, will not require surgery on his right knee, reports the Cincinnati Enquirer. "It's about a six to eight week rehab," he said. "He should be fine." Henry suffered the injury on a pass play to T.J. Houshmandzadeh during the Bengals' first offensive drive, and did not return.Our ViewAlthough the Bengals do not know the exact extent of the injury, we have no reason to believe he won't be ready for next season based on what coach Lewis said.-Fanball.com

I like Henry a lot. I have seen some dynasty and rookie rankings on this board where he seems to be taking a deep discount because of his off field concerns. But, IMO those matters are not significant enough to hold him back. He played as well as any rookie WR this season and the Bengals show great confidence in him. He will be a monster opposite CJ. It's a pick your poison scenario for any defensive secondary. Two legitimate deep threats that have shown they are both capable of the big play downfield. As he matures, the Bengals vertical passing game will be down right scary.

I like Henry a lot. I have seen some dynasty and rookie rankings on this board where he seems to be taking a deep discount because of his off field concerns. But, IMO those matters are not significant enough to hold him back. He played as well as any rookie WR this season and the Bengals show great confidence in him.

He will be a monster opposite CJ. It's a pick your poison scenario for any defensive secondary. Two legitimate deep threats that have shown they are both capable of the big play downfield. As he matures, the Bengals vertical passing game will be down right scary.
So just throw a proven performer/gamer like TJ by the wayside?

I think the poster's point is more that Henry is more of a deep/TD threat being that he is tall and fast. Houshmandzadeh does the dirty work over the middle and is much more the possession receiver type. Just have to hope he keeps clean - his arrest this year was a big disappointment and is a legitimate reason for concern IMO on a team loaded at receiver (Kelly Washington and Kevin Walter arguably make the best WR4/WR5 pair in the league).-QG

well with CJ as his role model... i expect great things from henry...if CJ keeps being a pain.... house, henry, and walter...may be your new three...contract coming for johnson, right??

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Henry a lot.  I have seen some dynasty and rookie rankings on this board where he seems to be taking a deep discount because of his off field concerns.  But, IMO those matters are not significant enough to hold him back.  He played as well as any rookie WR this season and the Bengals show great confidence in him. 

He will be a monster opposite CJ.  It's a pick your poison scenario for any defensive secondary.  Two legitimate deep threats that have shown they are both capable of the big play downfield.  As he matures, the Bengals vertical passing game will be down right scary.
So just throw a proven performer/gamer like TJ by the wayside?
Did I say that? No. Certainly not immediately. But, if you want to know my opinion and buzz in Cincy and the coaches regard for his talent, I do expect that it is the coaches expecation for Henry to evolve into the "true #2." Meaning, the starting opposite split end of CJ. Over the next two years, Henry will cut into TJ's production significantly, and probably take the lead as the 2nd guy in his 3rd full season 2007.

I think the poster's point is more that Henry is more of a deep/TD threat being that he is tall and fast. Houshmandzadeh does the dirty work over the middle and is much more the possession receiver type. Just have to hope he keeps clean - his arrest this year was a big disappointment and is a legitimate reason for concern IMO on a team loaded at receiver (Kelly Washington and Kevin Walter arguably make the best WR4/WR5 pair in the league).

-QG
I do not even know if Washington dressed for half the games. The coaches sat him at home in favor of Henry. That was a big surprise early in the season when many a Cincy fan did not really know how good Henry was, but the coaches did. The only thing that will hold Henry back is himself.

good to hear henry's injury isn't serious. great dynasty prospect. :thumbup: and thanks to i belive EBF who was talking him up after the draft last year.

Naah, I'm well aware of Henry's potential and thought he was a steal in Round 3 (and also knew of the KWash role reduction, well, elimination) - Washington's been a bit of a disappointment with his route running which is part of why Henry got drafted in the first place. Anyhow, Henry does seem to be a big potential TD machine a couple years from now.-QG

Users who are viewing this thread