What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

Sorry, guys. I know I am the voice of "be excellent" in here but darnit I have been holding onto this guy all year and if the Cowboys are choosing to run DMC into the ground to the tune of 27+ touches/game while keeping Michael around 5 it just may be time to let this train ride along without us.

Sorry, guys. I know I am the voice of "be excellent" in here but darnit I have been holding onto this guy all year and if the Cowboys are choosing to run DMC into the ground to the tune of 27+ touches/game while keeping Michael around 5 it just may be time to let this train ride along without us.
This post is like the moment when Luke Skywalker started taking wild strikes at Vader with his light saber.

This post is like the moment when Luke Skywalker started taking wild strikes at Vader with his light saber.
:lmao:

:goodposting:

But we should still strive to be excellent.

The litt l email shuffle dance he does when returning to the huddle after a wonderful 3 yard gain and his chest bump with the opponent tells you why Seattle didn't want him and why he'll most likely be out of football in a year or two. The guy is obviously a ginormous tool.

This post thread is like the moment when Luke Skywalker started taking wild strikes at Vader with his light saber.
:goodposting:

As fun as this has been, I'm bailing this week. Having finally watched Michael in "action" I see that Dallas doesn't trust him on 3rd downs. There are lots of speculative RB adds this week with a better chance of getting touches immediately.

Didn't Randle and Dunbar have this kind of usage last year with Murray getting a blazillion touches a game? I hindsight they were at the least NFL starting talent but saw little action. Maybe this is more about the Cowboy's MO and less CMike being a world class stiff

The litt l email shuffle dance he does when returning to the huddle after a wonderful 3 yard gain and his chest bump with the opponent tells you why Seattle didn't want him and why he'll most likely be out of football in a year or two. The guy is obviously a ginormous tool.
dance after a three yard gain . . .

it's the thread that keeps on giving . . .

I so badly want him to bust a couple electric runs and rack up a huge day just to read all the Michael threads across the internet. I could probably entertain myself for half a day at work Monday.

Didn't Randle and Dunbar have this kind of usage last year with Murray getting a blazillion touches a game? I hindsight they were at the least NFL starting talent but saw little action. Maybe this is more about the Cowboy's MO and less CMike being a world class stiff
Sure. Thats it.

Watching MNF and seeing a guy like Bradshaw in the lineup on a 3rd down play just confirms the notion for me that there is something wrong with Michael regardless of his combine measurables.

And spare me the whole "Bradshaw played with them last year stuff. He would be in the lineup for any team and we all know it. Michael would not and we all know it.

Why do I ķeep rostering this guy?

Watching MNF and seeing a guy like Bradshaw in the lineup on a 3rd down play just confirms the notion for me that there is something wrong with Michael regardless of his combine measurables.

And spare me the whole "Bradshaw played with them last year stuff. He would be in the lineup for any team and we all know it. Michael would not and we all know it.

Because he's going to be the starter by December and he's gonna be a weekly top 5 RB and everyone who owns him is going to win their league.

Because he's going to be the starter by December and he's gonna be a weekly top 5 RB and everyone who owns him is going to win their league.
That is the reason I have been rostering him since he was traded to Dallas. But let's be real if they had any faith in him he would be getting more than 5 touches with both Randall and Dunbar out of the lineup.Guys lime Ahmad Bradshaw and Matt Cassell manage to garner significant PT for their teams in far less time than Michael has had.

Just sayin'.

And spare me the whole "Bradshaw played with them last year stuff. He would be in the lineup for any team and we all know it. Michael would not and we all know it. Why do I ķeep rostering this guy?
That is the reason I have been rostering him since he was traded to Dallas. But let's be real if they had any faith in him he would be getting more than 5 touches with both Randall and Dunbar out of the lineup.Guys lime Ahmad Bradshaw and Matt Cassell manage to garner significant PT for their teams in far less time than Michael has had.

Just sayin'.
Gotta keep him fresh for the playoffs.

And spare me the whole "Bradshaw played with them last year stuff. He would be in the lineup for any team and we all know it. Michael would not and we all know it. Why do I ķeep rostering this guy?

Just sayin'.
Believe me, I understand your sarcasm. I completely "get it" but people have been holding onto this guy for 6 ears and they need to hear a voice of reason. As much as 8 don't want to accept it, I just don't think his football IQ matches up with his physical measurables.

Don't worry guys, Michael will finally get his chance at weeks 14-17 as McFadden goes down with injury. He will carry you through the fantasy playoffs.

Just sayin'.
Believe me, I understand your sarcasm. I completely "get it" but people have been holding onto this guy for 6 ears and they need to hear a voice of reason. As much as 8 don't want to accept it, I just don't think his football IQ matches up with his physical measurables.
There have been lots of street-level RBs who became fantasy relevant for short stretches of time just from sheer attrition. For all the reasons mentioned in here ad nauseum, there is a potential situation + opportunity here that makes him one of those lottery ticket guys. To *expect* him to hit is foolish. But if you're holding him plus a Rawls, Ellington, Ridley, etc., you're increasing the odds in your favor.

This guy took over the way Michael will.

Dominic Dondrell Rhodes (born January 17, 1979) is a former American football running back. He attended Cooper High School in Abilene, Texas. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as anundrafted free agent in 2001. He played college football at Midwestern State.

In a 2001 game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Rhodes returned a punt for a touchdown. In that game, the Indianapolis Colts' starting running back, Edgerrin James, injured his knee and ended his season. As a result, Rhodes was the starting running back for the rest of the Colts' 2001 season. That year, Rhodes ran for the most rushing yards by an undrafted rookie in NFL history, with 1,104, despite only starting the final nine games of the season. Rhodes missed the entire 2002 season due to a torn ACL. After recovering, he backed up James from 2003-2005.

This guy took over the way Michael will.

Dominic Dondrell Rhodes (born January 17, 1979) is a former American football running back. He attended Cooper High School in Abilene, Texas. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as anundrafted free agent in 2001. He played college football at Midwestern State.

In a 2001 game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Rhodes returned a punt for a touchdown. In that game, the Indianapolis Colts' starting running back, Edgerrin James, injured his knee and ended his season. As a result, Rhodes was the starting running back for the rest of the Colts' 2001 season. That year, Rhodes ran for the most rushing yards by an undrafted rookie in NFL history, with 1,104, despite only starting the final nine games of the season. Rhodes missed the entire 2002 season due to a torn ACL. After recovering, he backed up James from 2003-2005.
He's going to start 9 games, tear his ACL, and be a backup for the next three years?

Clearly you haven't read the last 157 pages of CM stuff. The guy is going to break every record in the nfl. Even non RB records

Don't worry guys, Michael will finally get his chance at weeks 14-17 as McFadden goes down with injury. He will carry you through the fantasy playoffs.
Honestly that would be icing on the cake for many drinking the kool aid... Hold him all season only to have to decide if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is and start him in the playoffs, untested.

Ya I mainly loved him purely for the hype and this thread before... but now I'm legit excited to own him purely based on opportunity. With a healthy DMC he should be in for 5-10 carries/ game in a really good offense come FF playoff time. If anything happens to DMC then I can't see any scenario where he's not touching the ball 20+ times per game.

Seriously blown away that they released Randle. This is a team that would sign Hitler, Moussolini, the leader of Isis, Kanye West, you name it. Why do they hate Randle so much?

Seriously blown away that they released Randle. This is a team that would sign Hitler, Moussolini, the leader of Isis, Kanye West, you name it. Why do they hate Randle so much?
They signed Hardy after beating and threatening to kill his woman. And called him a leader when he knocked the coach's clipboard out and wanted to fight everyone. So imagine how bad Randle must have been for them to release him.

He left the facility, skipped treatment, and basically went AWOL on the team. Completely different than off the field issues, which he of course has his share of as well.

He left the facility, skipped treatment, and basically went AWOL on the team. Completely different than off the field issues, which he of course has his share of as well.
Ah, was not aware of that. Makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread