What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Civil War Days Cancelled -- People don't want to be reminded of slavery (1 Viewer)

It’s a weird logic that in the shadow of the Civil War, one sees a cancelled parade as the sign our country is in peril. 
LOL. It's not the parade getting cancelled, its the reason why. Just another example of sissifying the country. "oh, you hurt my feelings showing the confederate flag.' I'm so traumatized, I need to find someone to sue' Same with the pioneer statue out west where some complete idiots want it taken down and the clowns that work for mayfair who have no idea what they are protesting about.

LOL. It's not the parade getting cancelled, its the reason why. Just another example of sissifying the country. "oh, you hurt my feelings showing the confederate flag.' I'm so traumatized, I need to find someone to sue' Same with the pioneer statue 2out west where some complete idiots want it taken down and the clowns that work for mayfair who have no idea what they are protesting about.
Yeah but the civil war had slaves and 20,000 Americans were killed by fellow Americans on 9/17/62 in Maryland and our President was shot in the back of the head. That seems more like a country swirling down the toilet bowl. Not young people protesting things and streets having their name changes. That’s stuff that always happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. It's not the parade getting cancelled, its the reason why. Just another example of sissifying the country. "oh, you hurt my feelings showing the confederate flag.' I'm so traumatized, I need to find someone to sue' Same with the pioneer statue out west where some complete idiots want it taken down and the clowns that work for mayfair who have no idea what they are protesting about.
They know exactly why they are protesting. 

True story, I had a client years ago that was bisexual. He loved these things because he said it was a big up hook up event. 

One time his wife offered herself to me. I declined. A year later she offered a threesome or even a foursome with my wife. Again, I declined. 
This is my favorite LOOK AT ME post ever - I love you.

As usual you're blaming the wrong people. And your information about the Mayfair folks is wrong as well but that's off topic.

I understand why folks get upset about political correctness. But don''t blame the victims; blame the perpetrators. In this case, it's a bunch of white racist bigots who co-opted the Confederate Battle Flag and made it offensive.

In this case, it's a bunch of white racist bigots who co-opted the Confederate Battle Flag and made it offensive.
The current white racist bigots aren't using the flag in a way other than it was intended back in 1860 or so when the white racist bigots of that era used it to symbolize their struggle to retain the ability to hold other humans as slaves and permanently institutionalize the legal dominance of white people over black people. There's no co-opting going on, they're just continuing on with the original purpose of the thing. The Confederate flag is offensive to anyone who believes in freedom and equality, now and always.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual you're blaming the wrong people. And your information about the Mayfair folks is wrong as well but that's off topic.

I understand why folks get upset about political correctness. But don''t blame the victims; blame the perpetrators. In this case, it's a bunch of white racist bigots who co-opted the Confederate Battle Flag and made it offensive.
Those perpetrators may be indirectly to blame, sure. But the people to blame directly in this case are those who can't recognize that the sight of a Confederate flag within the confines of a historical presentation is not the same as a confederate flag flying from the back of an F-150. Context and nuance matters, and people who pretend it doesn't are simply brats stamping their feet trying to get their own way.

I'm not a fan of Civil War re-enactments -- I think they glorify war, whitewash history, and downplay evil -- but if the people want to do it and watch it, let them do it.
100% this. 

Plus if there weren't traitors in South Carolina there might not be anything to re-enact. 

I'm fine with it.  They were traitors.  They shouldn't be celebrated.
There's just so many streets and places named after civil war generals or famous locations on base. I just dont want to deal with the confusion. It's not worth it for the references that 98% of americans wouldnt associate with the Confederate anyway.

There's just so many streets and places named after civil war generals or famous locations on base. I just dont want to deal with the confusion. It's not worth it for the references that 98% of americans wouldnt associate with the Confederate anyway.
I think you'll be able to figure things out. Google maps updates are pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread